Yzerman Stepping Down as TBay Mgr

conundrumed

I can never tell what is truthful in the NHL and what is BS. The old days of transparency are at an end. NHL brass sound more and more like politicians every day. Then again, I never heard of player's wives losing their minds either (i.e. The Real Housewives of the Ottawa Senators).

I wonder if Tampa was unhappy with Yzerman's performance or if he really wants to spend time with family. Was he pushed or pulled? We will never know unless someone spills the beans.

Bit sad as I think Yzerman is one of the best execs in the game. If Detroit can manage to get him at all it be a huge win. 

I'm not sure I read more into this to be honest. Even when he was working with the Wings as an advisor he turned down GM jobs and it was always written he was going to be very picky on a destination if he ever got a GM job. Yzaerman is the type of player I sometimes don't see getting into management becuase he's got his cups, trophies, money etc so there is no real need to be in the game, it's just a desire at that point. With how much he's been through since he retired (2 GM jobs with Team Canada too) it does not surprise me if he just wants to be a family man at this point. That's a VERY long career in hokey. 

It's sad, For my money he is one of the best executives in the game. 

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

Bit sad as I think Yzerman is one of the best execs in the game. If Detroit can manage to get him at all it be a huge win. 

I'm not sure I read more into this to be honest. Even when he was working with the Wings as an advisor he turned down GM jobs and it was always written he was going to be very picky on a destination if he ever got a GM job. Yzaerman is the type of player I sometimes don't see getting into management becuase he's got his cups, trophies, money etc so there is no real need to be in the game, it's just a desire at that point. With how much he's been through since he retired (2 GM jobs with Team Canada too) it does not surprise me if he just wants to be a family man at this point. That's a VERY long career in hokey. 

He didn't like the hockey ops in Detroit and had no power to change it.

Now with Detroit being in the toilet he may see a new challenge at home, I hope.

Interesting he's always maintained a Detroit home.

My favourite part of the story. Detroit is portrayed as a nasty place, that is far, far from the truth.

On September 11, 2018 at 4:55 PM, cross16 said:

I dunno man. You put in that much effort and time to create a winner and quit right when you are so close? Stevie Y is no quitter. Unless there is a family issue. I don'y buy it. 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, robrob74 said:

He wants the Detroit job when it comes free. He quoted family reasons which even if he wants to work in Detroit is true. He commutes home to Detroit to be with his family and working Detroit and still travelling for work, at least he lives with his family. 

Everyone seems to be on this Seattle kick with him.

WTF?

His home team is in complete rebuild.

Succeed Ken Holland, pleeaassse.

As a typical Wings fan pissed that the org ever let him go...

Time to come home Stevie.

edit

First move.

Sign EK.

Archived