Flames 2018 NHL Draft

The_People1

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Nice move Washington.

Colorado did well getting Grubauer that cheap.

It's the Orpik salary dump that hurts. Eh, they have the cap space to use him as a 5/6 for 1 year.

I wonder how much to re-sign Grubauer.

Just now, Flyerfan52 said:

It's the Orpik salary dump that hurts. Eh, they have the cap space to use him as a 5/6 for 1 year.

Having to re-sign Carlson meant tagging Orpik to Grubauer. So a great move imho.

Grubauer likely gets a Darling/Talbot-type deal. 3 or 4 x 4ish?

9 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Later info said they only took Orpik to reduce the trade cost.  They are going to facilitate Orpik going somewhere else....

So I wonder now what NYI are going to do for a goalie?  With Tavares potentially hanging in the balance I’m guessing something major will happen.

3 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

Later info said they only took Orpik to reduce the trade cost.  They are going to facilitate Orpik going somewhere else....

So I wonder now what NYI are going to do for a goalie?  With Tavares potentially hanging in the balance I’m guessing something major will happen.

They'll overpay for Varlamov.

Just now, travel_dude said:

The moms always look upset when their boy goes 1st overall to a crappy team.

Sometimes, the players look really upset. Can anyone deny that McDavid looked like he just saw the Candyman when the Oilers called out his name?

Just now, Cowtownguy said:

Sometimes, the players look really upset. Can anyone deny that McDavid looked like he just saw the Candyman when the Oilers called out his name?

It's not like it's a surprise, just that reality has set in.

I imagine that he will smile when he gets his first signing bonus on July 1st.  $13m USD is not bad.

Archived