The Jets

Cowtownguy

22 minutes ago, cross16 said:

They are my pick for the cup. Deepest team in the league imo with the fewest holes. The only question mark was/is Helkybuck and hes been great. 

I think he has had major swings in his play. If memory serves, I think they were looking to trade him for a while.

2 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

I think he has had major swings in his play. If memory serves, I think they were looking to trade him for a while.

I think your thinking of Pavelec. I think the Jets have just been waiting for him to break out and he finally did. 

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

They are my pick for the cup. Deepest team in the league imo with the fewest holes. The only question mark was/is Helkybuck and hes been great. 

This is what I mean team toughness when I talk about our needs. 

It is not about goonery, more about sticking up for yourself or others. 

There has been very little reaction to incidents by teammates... 

i like how the jets are built as well.

A couple years ago, when I was living in Toronto, everyone was bragging about the Leafs winning the draft lottery. I just couldn’t see it that way. Auston Matthews may have been the best available player, but they had done absolutely everything that they could to ensure they’d be picking first. JVR has a scraped knee? Scratch him. Lupal has hurt feelings? Scratch him. And on and on it went. I would get into arguments with people all the time. I claimed that in fact, the Jets won the lottery. They jumped seven spots (or was it seven to two - I don’t recall the exact specifics). The thing was, they already had some great pieces in place, and although they’d had an off year, you could really see that this team was going somewhere. I really enjoy them, and will be thrilled to see them go far. Winnipeg vs. Nashville will be a fantastic series! And if they get there, Winnipeg vs. Boston will be a real treat! 

Obviously I’m disappointed that my boys didn’t make the show, but holysh!tballs, we’re in for some great hockey this playoffs! 

Love. 

Archived