Rasmus Dahlin

jjgallow

Well, it's that time again. 

I've created a McDavid thread, an Austin Matthews thread, and a Nolan Patrick thread.   All naively optimistic and hopeful :)

I'm thinking I'm 2 for 3 on that. 

I didn't know if there would be someone similar to pick this year, but IMHO, there is.  There Really is.

Defencemen develop slower, and while Rasmus has been rated #1 for a long time, he is only just now starting to run away it and become the "undisputed" #1.

I actually can't get enough of watching his highlights.   His skillsets are basically to skate through the entire team from end to end, making a fool of all 5 players, and then popping the puck in the net as if the goalie wasn't there.   So that's just what he does.

Is the Bobby Orr comparison over the top?  Maybe.   But can anyone think of any D prospect that's stood out this much since Bobby?   I would love nothing more than the return of Bobby, who changed the game.   We need a good game changing these days.

WARNING:  (don't get me started on the Flames handing out all their draft picks)

Bobby Orr is over the top yes I would agree ;)

But the next Erik Karlsson/multiple Norris Trophy winnger? Not at all. Guy plays the D positions exactly how you want in today's NHL. He's the best D prospect i've seen since Hedman and you could easily argue he's better than Hedman. 

36 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Really hope San Jose falls off a cliff this year so we have a chance to snag him.

Ugg, don't start that here.  :)

Tank talk is bad enough.  Tank talk about abnother team on this fan site is just wrong. 

SJS will never be a high chance lotto team until Joe goes.  And Jone is done.  They may not make the playoff but would be no worse that 17th. 

On 10/23/2017 at 1:07 PM, travel_dude said:

Ugg, don't start that here.  :)

Tank talk is bad enough.  Tank talk about abnother team on this fan site is just wrong. 

SJS will never be a high chance lotto team until Joe goes.  And Jone is done.  They may not make the playoff but would be no worse that 17th. 

Telling me I can't voice my opinion is just wrong. There are other users on this site that post about other teams and players they cheer for.

This kid is damn good and I guess I'm sorry for saying that I want him to play for the sharks on a flames forum.

Also Wilson should sell off the pieces now while theyre still worth 1st/2nd rounders. The aging core is not going to compete for any more cups.

• 1 month later...

Even if we had our 1st there is now way we are drafting in the top 2 or 3 to get his guy, so that is moot point anyways.

I liked Dahlin at last year's WJC, the Swedish coach was crazy for sitting him in their last game. Not too many 16 year olds are difference makers in that tournament and he was one. He is one of those guys that when he touches the puck you expect something sensational to happen.

Archived