So Where do we go from here? Analysis & Predictions

cccsberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cross16 said:

Can live with this but I really wish they would have aimed much higher. Versteeg isn't going to go very far to address the lack of 5 on 5 scoring. 

You could be right but he covers a lot of other situations that can come up during a season. Definitely worth the money. BT could still be in the hunt for someone like Sharp.

9 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Can live with this but I really wish they would have aimed much higher. Versteeg isn't going to go very far to address the lack of 5 on 5 scoring. 

i figured it would take 2M at least , i think we definitely got the hometown discount on term.. cant believe nobody offered him 2y 

3 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

You could be right but he covers a lot of other situations that can come up during a season. Definitely worth the money. BT could still be in the hunt for someone like Sharp.

Not unless there is a trade he is pursing.

Johny - Mony - Ferland

Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik

Versteeg - Bennett - Brouwer

Bouma - Stajan - Lazar

Unless you are buying out a couple players this lineup is pretty much set. 

1 minute ago, MAC331 said:

Trust me , we are not done .. i think we are seriously pushing for Marleau.. 

Just now, cross16 said:

Not unless there is a trade he is pursing.

Johny - Mony - Ferland

Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik

Versteeg - Bennett - Brouwer

Bouma - Stajan - Lazar

Unless you are buying out a couple players this lineup is pretty much set. 

Yeah I hardly think that is what we see.

20 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Yeah, I was hoping for a better player who is better 5on5, but at least the contract isn't hurting us.

1 minute ago, manu11 said:

Yeah, I was hoping for a better player who is better 5on5, but at least the contract isn't hurting us.

I don't think there is that much out there unless you start trading kids or main players Im ok with this

1 minute ago, zima said:

I don't think there is that much out there unless you start trading kids or main players Im ok with this

I think there are a few veteran UFA winger, who are still top6 material and could be signed for a 1year deal. Just they're cap hit would be higher, but that wouldn't bother me.

3 minutes ago, zima said:

I don't think his track record for FA signings have been that great or his PTO last yr was crazy

To be fair, turns out the Grossman thing was strictly a salary cap move as Smid was on the books for the 1st 2 games.. he was released from his contract shortly after 

- granted , im sure his play in Edmonton had nothing to do with that :) 

Ok so do we stand pat now or is BT going to bring in another D and forward ? Im sure they will bring in a Goalie I myself would love to see Rittch and Gillies being brought up and down for the season but not going to happen.

1 minute ago, zima said:

Ok so do we stand pat now or is BT going to bring in another D and forward ? Im sure they will bring in a Goalie I myself would love to see Rittch and Gillies being brought up and down for the season but not going to happen.

I expect a forward ,I fully expect a name vet  (marleau, williams, jagr, sharp, Iggy ,  etc) and maybe a depth defenseman

I would still like to see Iggy back here even for a yr Sharp is the youngest of the bunch marleau is up there as well but I guess he has put more points than iggy but being moved from team to team doesn't help much and Colorado just had a weird yr

So it sounds like Winnipeg is bringing in another goalie, the current rumor is Mason. We need a backup and the Jets will have 3 goalies if they bring in Mason so is there a trade to be made to acquire Hutchinson. The other player I am curious about is Dano, he requires waivers this year, but he is skilled and can play all 3 forward positions. I am not sure what the cost would be to Hutchinson and Dano but I think there could be a fit there.

6 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Not a huge Lack fan, but I am ok with this trade. Get a backup and a puck moving defenseman for Kanzig who probably won't ever play in the NHL and 6th, is pretty good trade.

not what i would have chosen but pretty low risk.. Murphy has more upside than Kanzig for sure.. lets hope we get Vancouver and 1st year Carolina Lack and not 2nd year Carolina Lack 

funny thing is .. the boys on Fan 960 were debating about how badly they didnt want him this morning ( i forget who did and who didnt) and i was thinking watch.. we'll get him now LOL

9 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Not a huge Lack fan, but I am ok with this trade. Get a backup and a puck moving defenseman for Kanzig who probably won't ever play in the NHL and 6th, is pretty good trade.

Also not a huge Lack fan, but at 50% ($1,375mil) it's ok I guess. Looks to me like either the acquired Murphy or Andersson will be our 3rd pairing RD.

Just now, manu11 said:

Also not a huge Lack fan, but at 50% ($1,375mil) it's ok I guess. Looks to me like either the acquired Murphy or Andersson will be our 3rd pairing RD.

Murphy might get the edge as he requires waivers.

3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Murphy is a RHS D so he will be competing with Andersson for that 3rd pairing spot. Ultimately though he gives us right handed depth. I do like that he can skate and can move the puck.

depth for sure.. but he cant even stick with Carolina, but Kanzig was never going to likely see Calgary  so a definite upgrade 

Archived