So Where do we go from here? Analysis & Predictions

cccsberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JTech780 said:

If I am lucky, once a year, and that's usually by myself for work training.

PM me if it's during hockey season or camp. How does a GP kid get so in love with the Flames?;)

Love your work.:)

You don't have a lot of hockey to work with where you're at, do you? AJHL?

Kudos on your knowledge at a distance.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

According to BT at the 1st ticket holder meeting. Signed and will be announced soon.

Can't make it to the other meetings unfortunately.

I remember the Flames were supposedly scouting one or all of the following:

• Lawrence Pilut (22) is a left-shot defenseman who plays on HV71 in the SHL. Coincidentally, HV71 is the parent club of Sveningsson – while the Flames prospect has primarily played in the junior league, he did play on the big club with Pilut. The defender leads his team in scoring with 27 points in 36 games.
  • Joel Persson (23) is a right-shot defenseman who plays with the Vaxjo Lakers in the SHL. He’s fourth on the team in scoring with 26 points in 35 games, but has no apparent Flames connections.
  • Michael Lindqvist (23) is a right wing who plays for Farjestad BK, the team where Loob is present. He’s third on the team in scoring with 34 points in 32 games.
  • Par Lindholm (26) is a left-shot center who plays for Skelleftea AIK, the team where Lindstrom plays. He’s second on the team in scoring with 39 points in 36 games.

Or, it could be Jagr.

The other name that I though of was Nichushkin.  Rights still belong to Dallas, but they may have traded those rights to CGY, assumng he has expressed interest in playing in Canada.  LHS, but plays both wings.  Not really a project, but I would be a little worried about why he left Dallas in the first place. 

26 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

PM me if it's during hockey season or camp. How does a GP kid get so in love with the Flames?;)

Love your work.:)

You don't have a lot of hockey to work with where you're at, do you? AJHL?

Kudos on your knowledge at a distance.

I was born in Calgary, but grew up in

Halifax, my Dad also watched Flames games when I was a kid. I have been in GP for the last 17 years.

We have an AJHL team, that has been absolutely terrible for a long time till, they took some good steps last year, and they signed another good looking kid this summer.

I try my best to stay informed, twitter helps. Also coming on here helps too, there are a lot of very smart posters on here, including yourself, that I respect very much.

30 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I remember the Flames were supposedly scouting one or all of the following:

• Lawrence Pilut (22) is a left-shot defenseman who plays on HV71 in the SHL. Coincidentally, HV71 is the parent club of Sveningsson – while the Flames prospect has primarily played in the junior league, he did play on the big club with Pilut. The defender leads his team in scoring with 27 points in 36 games.
  • Joel Persson (23) is a right-shot defenseman who plays with the Vaxjo Lakers in the SHL. He’s fourth on the team in scoring with 26 points in 35 games, but has no apparent Flames connections.
  • Michael Lindqvist (23) is a right wing who plays for Farjestad BK, the team where Loob is present. He’s third on the team in scoring with 34 points in 32 games.
  • Par Lindholm (26) is a left-shot center who plays for Skelleftea AIK, the team where Lindstrom plays. He’s second on the team in scoring with 39 points in 36 games.

Or, it could be Jagr.

The other name that I though of was Nichushkin.  Rights still belong to Dallas, but they may have traded those rights to CGY, assumng he has expressed interest in playing in Canada.  LHS, but plays both wings.  Not really a project, but I would be a little worried about why he left Dallas in the first place. 

All 4 of those guys signed with other NHL teams already, Pilut with Buffalo, Persson with Edmonton, Lindqvist with the Rangers, Lindholm with Toronto.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I wonder who the European FA signing will be, to be announced in a "few days".

Another Hrivik-type signing, or should we hope for more?

Were you at that one? 

I only ask because some have said he made it sound like a done deal, where some heard it was close but they were waiting to hear. 

29 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I

Nichushkin is going back to Dallas. 

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

I was born in Calgary, but grew up in

Halifax, my Dad also watched Flames games when I was a kid. I have been in GP for the last 17 years.

We have an AJHL team, that has been absolutely terrible for a long time till, they took some good steps last year, and they signed another good looking kid this summer.

I try my best to stay informed, twitter helps. Also coming on here helps too, there are a lot of very smart posters on here, including yourself, that I respect very much.

I'm actually very considering moving to St. Margarets Bay just south of Halifax. Fly here all the the time, lived in Calgary 17 years.

Sarnia, ON kid, hence love the Wings, hate the Leafs, lol. Watch a ton of hockey wherever it's happening wherever I am. Make sure I'm home when it's there, make sure I'm here when it's here. Just love it. Love watching the kids especially.

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Were you at that one? 

I only ask because some have said he made it sound like a done deal, where some heard it was close but they were waiting to hear.

Yup.

And you are correct. He said the signing is expected.

I can't really speak more to it, but expect it.

12 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Were you at that one? 

That's actually how I walked away thinking about how they assign letters, unfortunately, afterwards.

So ask BT that. I can just smell that it's worked against Brouwer.

I think it was gifted and the room does not respect that.

33 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Were you at that one? 

Nichushkin is going back to Dallas. 

I hadn't heard that he has signed with them, just that he wanted to return and Dallas wanted to get him back.  Weirder things have happened.

43 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

All 4 of those guys signed with other NHL teams already, Pilut with Buffalo, Persson with Edmonton, Lindqvist with the Rangers, Lindholm with Toronto.

How about that Panarin kid?  :) 

12 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I'm actually very considering moving to St. Margarets Bay just south of Halifax. Fly here all the the time, lived in Calgary 17 years.

Sarnia, ON kid, hence love the Wings, hate the Leafs, lol. Watch a ton of hockey wherever it's happening wherever I am. Make sure I'm home when it's there, make sure I'm here when it's here. Just love it. Love watching the kids especially.

Just going to jump in here.  Lived in Halifax/Dartmouth for close to 50 years before I moved out here for work.  The funny thing is we used to have an AHL team, but it folded and then the Q gave us the Mooseheads (hate the beer).  Remember watch Voracek play for them.

My kid actually went to school with Tanguay, when he was a teen.

A guy from work talked about watching some kid play major midget.  Some kid named Crosby.  Guess he turned out to be a NHL player sometime after that.

29 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Just going to jump in here.  Lived in Halifax/Dartmouth for close to 50 years before I moved out here for work.  The funny thing is we used to have an AHL team, but it folded and then the Q gave us the Mooseheads (hate the beer).  Remember watch Voracek play for them.

My kid actually went to school with Tanguay, when he was a teen.

A guy from work talked about watching some kid play major midget.  Some kid named Crosby.  Guess he turned out to be a NHL player sometime after that.

I am guessing that your kid went to Prince Andrew then. I went there for my grade 12 year, I think a year after Tanguay, Brandon Reid was at PA the year I was there. 

I remember going to a few Halifax Citadels games when I was a kid, they were the AHL team for the Nordiques, there also was an AHL team Cape Breton for the Oilers, I seen Greg Hawgood play for the Oilers back then, man could he play. 

Both Hawgood and Reid were just born at the wrong time, if they were entering the draft now they would be taken in the top 2 rounds.

36 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I am guessing that your kid went to Prince Andrew then. I went there for my grade 12 year, I think a year after Tanguay, Brandon Reid was at PA the year I was there. 

I remember going to a few Halifax Citadels games when I was a kid, they were the AHL team for the Nordiques, there also was an AHL team Cape Breton for the Oilers, I seen Greg Hawgood play for the Oilers back then, man could he play. 

Both Hawgood and Reid were just born at the wrong time, if they were entering the draft now they would be taken in the top 2 rounds.

You got it.

The Citidels sucked mostly that I remember.  I liked watching the Moosehead, though.

Way back, they had the AHL team for the Habs.  NS Voyageurs.  

7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Back when the Mossehwads had Jody Shelley, they were fun to watch.

I believe it was the summer of 2012 I was touring E.Canada on a 5 week sojourn and stumbled upon a jr hockey series, Canada-Russia Jr challenge.

Had no idea!

Hockey in August!!

So I went, lol. Mony, Scheifele, Huberdeau etc.

Vasilevsky, Yakupov...fading mems,lol

Canada won to even the series at 2 so they played a sudden death to determine the winner. Strome scored to end it.

The atmosphere was electric!!

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Bwahahaha.

Nice.

As for the beer, I refer to it as MoosePi$$

If you prefer Oland product, there's always Old Scrotum.

Haha, that was nothing more than me not being able to type on my phone properly, fat thumbs.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I was worried you'd give him the ban hammer td. Thought it might be some Eastern treachery term:lol:

Naw, it's all good.  The filter is good enough to catch all but a few that sneak through (it's been tested for a lot of obscure ones).

Dinkledorf and dickweed are a couple that seem restricted to the east.  (Far East as in NS, not the East as in Ontario :) )  

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Naw, it's all good.  The filter is good enough to catch all but a few that sneak through (it's been tested for a lot of obscure ones).

Dinkledorf and dickweed are a couple that seem restricted to the east.  (Far East as in NS, not the East as in Ontario :) )  

What about thistledick?:o

Just checking;)

Archived