Julien replaces Therrien as Habs Coach

conundrumed

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I think MT's firing was long overdue.  Is this a trend with teams underperforming?  

I think MTL sees a window of Cup opportunity for the next year. Therrien's all over the map with his forward ranks so I agree, I don't think many Habs fans are sad about the firing.

All it took was a Carey Price cold streak, lol.

10 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I think MTL sees a window of Cup opportunity for the next year. Therrien's all over the map with his forward ranks so I agree, I don't think many Habs fans are sad about the firing.

All it took was a Carey Price cold streak, lol.

You could also blame PK's trade on MT.  I do think that Weber is a really good fit there, but he's regularly injuring his own player with his slappers. :)

Not an expert on the Habs, but this is around the time a coach like Therrien starts to wear on a team. He's in the Hitchcock/Hartley mold where he can really only hold a team's attention for so long. I think that started to happen last year but the excitement of getting Weber and Price back i think masked it for a few months. Even when they were winning earlier in the year they weren't playing well, but they just had Price playing at a world class level. Sounds like they didn't want to miss out on a coach like Julien.

Quite the story though. Not very often that an organization brings back 1 coach let alone 2 in such a short period of time. 

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Not an expert on the Habs, but this is around the time a coach like Therrien starts to wear on a team. He's in the Hitchcock/Hartley mold where he can really only hold a team's attention for so long. I think that started to happen last year but the excitement of getting Weber and Price back i think masked it for a few months. Even when they were winning earlier in the year they weren't playing well, but they just had Price playing at a world class level. Sounds like they didn't want to miss out on a coach like Julien.

Quite the story though. Not very often that an organization brings back 1 coach let alone 2 in such a short period of time. 

Fans haven't liked Therrien in MTL for quite some time.

I'd wager Galchenyuk is a big reason, Therrien constantly doghouses him, but he's a great teammate. Gallagher? Hot start, reduced to 3rd line like he's nothing.

I doubt Therrien will be missed.

Vets look out for good young teammates.

Players running the asylum? Sometimes.

I think this one is players escaping the asylum.

We'll see how they play now, I guess.

2 hours ago, CheersMan said:

MTL Canadians are in fact a bi-polar organization.  Get ready Jacques Martin, your next! 

They have a pretty deep side over there.

World class goalie, I wouldn't be too presumptuous.

Good jump for a start, slack off in the mid.

No saying they won't get on a hot finish...

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Julien has 2 yrs left on his Bruins contract. MTL just signed him for 5...

So how does that work?

Does he remain at Boston salary for 2 yrs? Or can that agreement be ripped up and a new one be written?

Depends on how it is negotiated but standard procedure is the new contract replaced the old contract. I think the only sticking point could be if his Bruin's contract paid him more than the Bruins would have to come up with the difference but in this case I don't think that happens. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Depends on how it is negotiated but standard procedure is the new contract replaced the old contract. I think the only sticking point could be if his Bruin's contract paid him more than the Bruins would have to come up with the difference but in this case I don't think that happens. 

Thanks.

I'm hearing 5 per, just wondering how it kicks in.

Makes sense.

Archived