Patrik Laine

The_People1

A brutal K.O. to one of the most exciting young players in the league right now.  Laine was leading all rookies in scoring with 42GP, 21G, 16A, 37PTS.  Hope he's okay but it didn't look good the way he wobbled off the ice.  Clean hit?  Helmet to helmet??  Will Laine ever be the same again after this?

6 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

A brutal K.O. to one of the most exciting young players in the league right now.  Laine was leading all rookies in scoring with 42GP, 21G, 16A, 37PTS.  Hope he's okay but it didn't look good the way he wobbled off the ice.  Clean hit?  Helmet to helmet??  Will Laine ever be the same again after this?

Nope.  He will be way more cautious when skating through the neutral zone.

7 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I mean you dont like to see it, but in my opinion thats a clean hit, not much you can do about that if you are going to skate through the neutral zone with your head down. Im not quite sure how the officials only gave schiefle a roughing on that play, he dropped the gloves and was swinging for the fences, if that was say hathaway it would have been a misconduct at the very least. The nhl needs to sort out its referees, but I got off track it was a clean hit.

Clean hit, I don't even get why there is debate.

Terrible suicide pass by Scheifele. Scheifele owes Laine after that one.

Laine actually reminded me of Lindros on that play. Like Lindros, Laine was probably always the biggest guy on the ice growing up and didn't have to worry too much about getting leveled coming through the neutral zone. Hopefully Laine learns the lesson that Lindros never did, that there are equally as big players in the NHL.

8 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Clean hit...

However this is just another example of how screwed up the game is......

• Forces teammates to defend him even though it was a legit hit.(thus the scrum after the hit)

Notice who the first one is to jump McCabe, Scheifele. Probably felt guilty after setting Laine up for the hit.

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

Clean as you get. Nothing at all wrong with that hit except the result. 

Both coach Maurice & I agree it was a clean hit.

McCabe was slightly injured (cut near the eye as it was near head on head after the shoulder did the initial damage).

Laine was basically out cold when his head hit the ice so that didn't help.

I was happy to learn Laine walked out of the arena under his own power. According to the coach's scrum this morning it is indeed a concussion with time line unknown (like all concussions). With this being their prize rookie I expect the Jets to err on the side of caution.

& DD, the players on the ice don't see the hit from the vantage point of isolated cameras but do see the teammate on the ice so of course go after the supposed culprit asap.

The scrum @ the end I see as the Jets being POed over the loss of Laine combined with frustration over blowing a lead to let the game slip through their fingers.

I got a kick out of Lehner's tweets saying Big Buff was lucky the refs got between them. Lehner was behind the safety of the net trying to throw punches while mostly hidden.

On 1/8/2017 at 1:53 PM, flyerfans52 said:

Or, he was closest to McCabe so had best opportunity.

I think he had the best oppurtunity, but really mark sceifele should have been giving a game misconduct on the play and the insitgator, his gloves were off and he was throwing punches while mcabe was laying on the ice getting his face punched in with his gloves on. I cant remember who did it, but it was a similar play with whoever jumped polak a couple seasons ago, and he was suspended for it. 

33 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

I think he had the best oppurtunity, but really mark sceifele should have been giving a game misconduct on the play and the insitgator, his gloves were off and he was throwing punches while mcabe was laying on the ice getting his face punched in with his gloves on. I cant remember who did it, but it was a similar play with whoever jumped polak a couple seasons ago, and he was suspended for it. 

Man, I knew you were a pacifist but you are reaching.

I'm a Menno (known best as pacifists) but like Robyn Regehr (son of Mennonite missionaries) don't see defense of your own on a rink as evil.

13 minutes ago, flyerfans52 said:

Man, I knew you were a pacifist but you are reaching.

I'm a Menno (known best as pacifists) but like Robyn Regehr (son of Mennonite missionaries) don't see defense of your own on a rink as evil.

Lmao I'm not sure if you are serious.

its not defense of your own rink to jump a player with his gloves on, and I never said it was evil

23 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

Lmao I'm not sure if you are serious.

its not defense of your own rink to jump a player with his gloves on, and I never said it was evil

When 1 of your teammates is on the ice unconcious you go after the 1 responsible for putting him there.

As I said the guys on ice don't have isolation cameras in slo-mo before deciding to come to a mates aid so react in a moment.

Condemning after innumerable views is an advantage but if it was you on the ice seeing the teammate down what would you do?

4 minutes ago, flyerfans52 said:

When 1 of your teammates is on the ice unconcious you go after the 1 responsible for putting him there.

As I said the guys on ice don't have isolation cameras in slo-mo before deciding to come to a mates aid so react in a moment.

Condemning after innumerable views is an advantage but if it was you on the ice seeing the teammate down what would you do?

Where did I say what he did was wrong as a hockey player?

i said he attacked McCabe, and he should have got an instigator on the play. That doesn't make me a pacifist.

5 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

Well you're entitled to your opinion it doesn't make it right, and by asking for penalty calls on gaudreau for slashing I must be a pacifist.

you know nothing about me, but hey call it like you will.

You are right. I can only go by the content of your posts. You might be a gorilla that gets off on beating people for all I know & try to appear innocent in this persona.

By the same standard you have no idea who I am. I've divulged I'm a Menno so don't believe in killing but that doesn't stop me from protecting loved 1s & friends. There is a difference.

5 minutes ago, flyerfans52 said:

You are right. I can only go by the content of your posts. You might be a gorilla that gets off on beating people for all I know & try to appear innocent in this persona.

By the same standard you have no idea who I am. I've divulged I'm a Menno so don't believe in killing but that doesn't stop me from protecting loved 1s & friends. There is a difference.

So what does this all have to do with it being a penalty or not? I'm really not following.

2 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

So what does this all have to do with it being a penalty or not? I'm really not following.

I responded when you condemned Scheifele for going after McCabe for injuring his teammate. He wasn't a knuckle dragger coming off the bench but simply a man coming to the aid of a friend.

2 minutes ago, flyerfans52 said:

I responded when you condemned Scheifele for going after McCabe for injuring his teammate. He wasn't a knuckle dragger coming off the bench but simply a man coming to the aid of a friend.

I don't disagree with you on on him coming to his aid. I said he deserved a penalty, it doesn't matter if he's a star or a knuckle dragged as you put it.

but trolls will be trolls.

Archived