Eetu Tuulola Signed with Everett Silvertips

So E2 has signed with Everett so he will now be under WHL ownership. Tell me what happens for say argument sake he kills it in the preseason and they decide to give him his 9 game pat on the back for doing a great job in the preseason. Do the flames have the power to take him and start his NHL contract from the 9 games forward? I have watched a small sample size YouTube video on him.

It was an eye opener for me any way after watching this little video I was pretty pumped. I thought to myself man BB must just be salivating this kid has tenacity and truculence all wrapped up in 1 plus he has no problem standing in front of the net and he can score.  

I don't know why he fall so far down the draft board but as far as i'm concerned it was a steal and there are going to be some pretty surprised teams. But saying that there might be something everyone else knows we don't but I doubt it. 

Yes, the Flames can still have him for his 9 games and if he doe that and they want to send him down they would just send him back to Everett. 

He didn't really fall, he was taken rigth where he should. Highlight packs are very miselading and you can put together a highlight pack on anyone and make them look like a future star. While I like Tuulola and am excited to have him the fact is skating is a question markt and needs to get better and to date he really has not produced better than decent offensive numbers at any level of hockey. Saying he is a "steal" is a stretch, he may get there but he has alot of work ahead of him. 

Yes, the Flames can still have him for his 9 games and if he doe that and they want to send him down they would just send him back to Everett. 

He didn't really fall, he was taken rigth where he should. Highlight packs are very miselading and you can put together a highlight pack on anyone and make them look like a future star. While I like Tuulola and am excited to have him the fact is skating is a question markt and needs to get better and to date he really has not produced better than decent offensive numbers at any level of hockey. Saying he is a "steal" is a stretch, he may get there but he has alot of work ahead of him. 

I think it was a good move on his part to come across the pond to play Junior here. He certainly adds some quality to the RW pipeline but as you say, a few years away yet.

• 1 month later...

So E2 looked pretty good had some looks and a helper me thinks he will be a surprise for the Silvertip fans this yr. he was tuff around the net and didn't shy away hope to see more of him. Should play a few preseason games great pick so far I still think he was a steal .  

So E2 looked pretty good had some looks and a helper me thinks he will be a surprise for the Silvertip fans this yr. he was tuff around the net and didn't shy away hope to see more of him. Should play a few preseason games great pick so far I still think he was a steal .  

I agree with some further seasoning we have a good one here, eventually.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Eetu was the Silvertips rookie of the year and currently is leading all WHL rookies in goals in the WHL playoffs. 6 goals in 9 games. 

I liked ET from the first time I saw him play, good to see the season he has with Everett. Still a year or two away but certainly one of our RW prospects worth keeping an eye on.

5 hours ago, cross16 said:

Eetu was the Silvertips rookie of the year and currently is leading all WHL rookies in goals in the WHL playoffs. 6 goals in 9 games. 

Glad to hear that the baby-faced assassin is having a good playoff.  I was a little worried that his ice time was a little low.  

I have high hopes that he may, some day, be a Flame.  He has a good attitude towards life.  Great hockey name.

Good luck in the playoffs Eetu Tuulola.    

It seems when it counts he is a very big threat worlds and now playoffs. Toke him some time to acclimate to the NA style and just being away from home but he is really adjusting to his new environment. He has a little MrT (Chuky)in him I hope he makes to the AHL next season. 

On 15/08/2016 at 9:59 AM, cross16 said:

He was ranked for the 3rd/4th rounds, and taken in the 6th round.   I would say he fell.  And I think it was a good pick.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/final-rankings-the-top-120-prospects-for-the-2016-draft

Like most 6th round picks, he is a project and unlikely to see the NHL any time soon.   His WHL regular season (transition to NA hockey) started off slow.  But, he's shown that he can perform at any level and translate his skills against men.     

In the playoffs, he's killing it.   6 goals in 9 games.  Leads his team, and on the WHL leader board.   http://whl.ca/stats/players/260/1/goals/all

One thing I love about a prospect, is one that raises the level of their game in the playoffs.  I'll overlook almost anything for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to think E2 will be a big part of this team as well as Dube. We don't have much in the junoirs to speak of so with those 2 and possibly Phillips and I know every one is going to say Phillips hasn't a chance in hell but i have to believe these kids will make there mark we have nothing coming up the pike right now and unless BT make another bold move we will be slims pickens this draft.

19 hours ago, zima said:

I would like to think E2 will be a big part of this team as well as Dube. We don't have much in the junoirs to speak of so with those 2 and possibly Phillips and I know every one is going to say Phillips hasn't a chance in hell but i have to believe these kids will make there mark we have nothing coming up the pike right now and unless BT make another bold move we will be slims pickens this draft.

I like Tuulola and Dube for a few years down the road, the timing should be good then to enter. Phillips will get chances if he just keeps proving everyone wrong about smaller players. 

I actually agree MAC these players are way off but could be future players or trade bait. Dube to me is alot like Bouma and Janko has the the ability to get into corners and can score as well plus he can agitate would love to see what he brings this fall. Will Dube go back to Junoirs or go to AHL  Start of the season? Im just wondering if he gets a 9 game pat on the back. Silver is still a great accomplishment

4 hours ago, zima said:

I actually agree MAC these players are way off but could be future players or trade bait. Dube to me is alot like Bouma and Janko has the the ability to get into corners and can score as well plus he can agitate would love to see what he brings this fall. Will Dube go back to Junoirs or go to AHL  Start of the season? Im just wondering if he gets a 9 game pat on the back. Silver is still a great accomplishment

I believe Dube has another year of Junior, no I don't see him being one to get a 9 game look see. I could see Dube and Tuulola making the 2018/19 team.

• 1 month later...

Eetu, looks like you are headed back home for a few years.  

Too bad, though it looks like we keep your rights for now....

https://flamesnation.ca/2017/06/27/eetu-tuulola-has-been-called-back-to-finland/

Here’s what happened:

Tuulola signed a three-year contract with HPK in 2015, with the deal running through 2015-16 until 2017-18. He was loaned to HPK’s junior club for 2015-16 and then loaned to Everett for 2016-17 after Tuulola’s selection in the CHL Import Draft. He has one year left on his deal.

The Flames drafted Tuulola in the 2016 NHL Draft and, provided they offered him a standard contract by June 15 of this year, maintained his rights for two seasons (e.g., until June 15, 2018). What I’m told is that this hasn’t changed and that the Flames hold his NHL rights.

That said, because the Flames didn’t sign Tuulola to a contract by June 15 HPK still has an active contract with him – for the Flames to sign Tuulola they would’ve had to negotiate a termination of that deal – and because that contract still exists, HPK has the ability to call him back from his North American loan. They did so.

As of right now: Tuulola will play 2017-18 for HPK, but the Flames retain his NHL rights.

16 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Eetu, looks like you are headed back home for a few years.  

Too bad, though it looks like we keep your rights for now....

https://flamesnation.ca/2017/06/27/eetu-tuulola-has-been-called-back-to-finland/

Here’s what happened:

Tuulola signed a three-year contract with HPK in 2015, with the deal running through 2015-16 until 2017-18. He was loaned to HPK’s junior club for 2015-16 and then loaned to Everett for 2016-17 after Tuulola’s selection in the CHL Import Draft. He has one year left on his deal.

The Flames drafted Tuulola in the 2016 NHL Draft and, provided they offered him a standard contract by June 15 of this year, maintained his rights for two seasons (e.g., until June 15, 2018). What I’m told is that this hasn’t changed and that the Flames hold his NHL rights.

That said, because the Flames didn’t sign Tuulola to a contract by June 15 HPK still has an active contract with him – for the Flames to sign Tuulola they would’ve had to negotiate a termination of that deal – and because that contract still exists, HPK has the ability to call him back from his North American loan. They did so.

As of right now: Tuulola will play 2017-18 for HPK, but the Flames retain his NHL rights.

This sucks, he would have been better off in Everett. Why did Flames allow this to happen would deserve a good answer ? this kid is worth keeping for sure.

Just now, MAC331 said:

This sucks, he would have been better off in Everett. Why did Flames allow this to happen would deserve a good answer ? this kid is worth keeping for sure.

Im assuming because they dont think hes worth a ELC deal yet, so he had to go back to finland. Hes worth keeping and we still have his rights, so im not to worried where he plays right now.

Flames don't have a choice. He was under contract to HPK when he was drafted and there is a memo of understanding between the NHL and international leagues to respect each other contracts. Flames can't sign him to an ELC until his deal with HPK expires or HPK would have to agree to let him out from under his contract (very rare) as you cannot be under contract to 2 different leagues. 

there really isn't much of a negative story here. Flames retains his rights so they are not losing him he just will play next year in Finland instead of Everett. Not as great for his development but not an overly negative thing either. 

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Flames don't have a choice. He was under contract to HPK when he was drafted and there is a memo of understanding between the NHL and international leagues to respect each other contracts. Flames can't sign him to an ELC until his deal with HPK expires or HPK would have to agree to let him out from under his contract (very rare) as you cannot be under contract to 2 different leagues. 

there really isn't much of a negative story here. Flames retains his rights so they are not losing him he just will play next year in Finland instead of Everett. Not as great for his development but not an overly negative thing either. 

One year left on the deal.  He would be able to be signed and assigned to the Heat next year.  I guess it depends who he plays with on that team, and how their coaching is.  It may end up being better.  

I actually think this might be a good thing for him, I was happy when he came to NA, but I always thought Everett was a bout the worst team in the OHL for him to go. Everett plays a shut down defensive game, thus why their goalies always have better numbers than their talent, but it is terrible for developing any kind of offense. In Finland at least he will get to play against men.

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I actually think this might be a good thing for him, I was happy when he came to NA, but I always thought Everett was a bout the worst team in the OHL for him to go. Everett plays a shut down defensive game, thus why their goalies always have better numbers than their talent, but it is terrible for developing any kind of offense. In Finland at least he will get to play against men.

I think you mean WHL, but yes you are right about the rest of it I think.

1 minute ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

I think you mean WHL, but yes you are right about the rest of it I think.

Yeah or CHL. I have also never heard anything all that great from players you have played for Kevin Constantine, who is the coach in Everett.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎28 at 1:45 PM, JTech780 said:

Yeah or CHL. I have also never heard anything all that great from players you have played for Kevin Constantine, who is the coach in Everett.

Not that it matters now but he could have been learning a lot about defensive fundamentals under KC which never hurts. hopefully he did learn while there. It sounds like the FIN league he is going back to is competitive at least, not sure about whether fundamentals will be emphasized. I look forward to seeing ET as a Flame one day.

Archived