Calder Race 2016.

AlbertaBoy12

Calder winner.  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2016 calder trophy?

• Artemi Panarin
    • Jack Eichel
    • Dylan Larkin
    • Connor McDavid
    • Max Domi
    • Sam Bennett
    • Other

So I was listening to the radio here in edmonton and there is alot of talk about if mcdavid comes back and goes on a tear, will he win the calder.( gotta love the radio in edmonton, ppg before he got hurt) Anyways this got me thinking who does everyone think is the leader right now for the calder? Any dark horses? Im assuming the easy pick is Panarin as he is the points leader. What does everyone think?

Im thinking dylan larkin might be the winner this year, but who knows how the voting will go.

So I was listening to the radio here in edmonton and there is alot of talk about if mcdavid comes back and goes on a tear, will he win the calder.( gotta love the radio in edmonton, ppg before he got hurt) Anyways this got me thinking who does everyone think is the leader right now for the calder? Any dark horses? Im assuming the easy pick is Panarin as he is the points leader. What does everyone think?

Im thinking dylan larkin might be the winner this year, but who knows how the voting will go.

Panarin has been the most consistent and electrifying player that I have seen.  Very much like a Johnny Hockey.  He plays in the big media circus known as the east.  Eichel would be the logical first choice, where he is the US born poster boy for hockey.  He is 2nd in scoring, 2nd in goals but has a lousy +-.  Panarin's downfall is he is older, has played pro for awhile, and is an import.  I still think he has a bit of an edge.

LOL at the nerve of EDM fans or radio dweebs.  If he managed a p/gp in the remaining 32 games, he would have 44 points.  That would be a good result, but not even close to Calder results.  There is no way a player gets a trophy like that for playing half a season.

As of right now I think its going to be John Gibson as he is stil calder eligible and a huge reason Anaheim has climbed back in the race, It will be him or Jack Eichel. Eichel is on fire and has been a PPG for his last 20 games and I think at this point its likely he even catches and passes Panarin for the scoring race.

So i'm going with Gibson or Eichel. Probably a final 3 of Gibson, Eichel and Panarin. 

LOL at the nerve of EDM fans or radio dweebs.  If he managed a p/gp in the remaining 32 games, he would have 44 points.  That would be a good result, but not even close to Calder results.  There is no way a player gets a trophy like that for playing half a season.

I know it gave me a good laugh. I figured I would share with the everyone and it makes for interesting discussion.

Archived