Trade: Seth Jones to CBJ

Kulstad

Blue Jackets, Predators address positional needs in blockbuster trade

Sportsnet.ca: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/blue-jackets-predators-address-positional-needs-in-blockbuster-trade/

NHL.com: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=796422&navid=DL|NHL|home

To Columbus:

D Seth Jones

To Nashville:

C Ryan Johansen

Good to see the Oilers miss out on that deal.  Instead, we only have to face him twice a year now.  

I guess they weren't willing to trade any of the golden ones.

Even if they were if it came down to RNH versus Johansen who would you pick?

Preds get the better of the deal because Jones was such a luxury for them. Long term I bet this deal comes out even because I'm not sure Johansen has the desire and work ethics needed to be a consistent number 1 center. Johansen had to go so I think the jackets made out well to trade one franchise building block for another and they've still got a shot at Matthews

Even if they were if it came down to RNH versus Johansen who would you pick?

Preds get the better of the deal because Jones was such a luxury for them. Long term I bet this deal comes out even because I'm not sure Johansen has the desire and work ethics needed to be a consistent number 1 center. Johansen had to go so I think the jackets made out well to trade one franchise building block for another and they've still got a shot at Matthews

That was a deal that had to be made before Johansen was on the block.  Had EDM not balked at it, the trade might have been made.  I believe that was the rumoured ask.

That was a deal that had to be made before Johansen was on the block.  Had EDM not balked at it, the trade might have been made.  I believe that was the rumoured ask.

According to Elliot Friedman the Predators never made Seth Jones available. Only did when Columbus told them they weren't accpeting anyone but Seth Jones in return for Johansen. Apparantly this deal was close weeks ago but back then Poille balked at including Seth Jones and then changed his mind this week. 

Good to see the Oilers miss out on that deal.  Instead, we only have to face him twice a year now.  

I guess they weren't willing to trade any of the golden ones.

Ya man.  Jones, Nurse, and Klefbom have potential to form a solid top 3 for many years to come.  With McDavid looking like the real deal and Draisaitl coming into his own, the Oilers should trade one of their forwards like RNH, Eberle, or Yakupov for someone like Jones.  Glad they missed the boat on this one.

Another team that missed the boat is Colorado who has been rumoured to want to trade Duchene for a top tier Dman.  It's an interesting debate of who's better and who you'd rather have, Johansen vs RNH vs Duchene.

Ya man. Jones, Nurse, and Klefbom have potential to form a solid top 3 for many years to come. With McDavid looking like the real deal and Draisaitl coming into his own, the Oilers should trade one of their forwards like RNH, Eberle, or Yakupov for someone like Jones. Glad they missed the boat on this one.

Another team that missed the boat is Colorado who has been rumoured to want to trade Duchene for a top tier Dman. It's an interesting debate of who's better and who you'd rather have, Johansen vs RNH vs Duchene.

IMO there is zero debate there Johansen is on another level from the other two. He can be a guy who is annually in the top 10 in scoring, you can't say the same thing about Duchene and RNH. Also when you add in his size he is a much better fit for a Western conference team.

Archived