TOR acquires Michael Grabner

Kulstad

As per NHL.com (http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=779475&navid=DL|NHL|home)

To TOR

• RW Michael Grabner

To NYI

• F Carter Verhaeghe
  • F Taylor Beck
  • D Tom Nilsson
  • D Matthew Finn
  • G Christopher Gibson

Leads one to believe (hope, really) that there is a market out there for some of the players we might want to unload.  His numbers seem no more impressive than Byron or Raymond.

Why so many? Grabner isn't going to change their culture much but maybe add to the old one they're trying to ditch.

Clear out contract room. I thikn I read today that the Leafs are now at only 45 contracts so they've got flexability if they want to add someone off a PTO, or waiver claim or something. Some of the prospects they traded might crack the roster but I think all are long shots.

Leads one to believe (hope, really) that there is a market out there for some of the players we might want to unload.  His numbers seem no more impressive than Byron or Raymond.

He's a better player then both Byron and Raymond, in fact when healthy he's a very good hockey player but he just hasn't been healthy at all for a few seasons now. was looking like a perenial 30 goal guy before he got hurt, not to mention he is arguable the fastest player in the NHL.

Archived