Devin Setoguchi

Wreckening

The report was also saying he went through rehab for 6 months, so im wondering if that was the problem and if he will come back a new player.

It was also reported that no one knew of Setoguchi's substance abuse problems.

So either he had one, or he's making up a story to excuse his past two seasons in a sorry attempt to bid for a tryout with the Leafs.  I'm thinking the latter.

You mean Tri1ickshot, the Gooch fanboy.  I don't begrudge anyone being a fan, but they seemed to only care about the player.

That's the 1.

I can see being a fan of a player but that 1 was a bit extreme. Being that obssessed speaks of strange things like the book/movie Misery & others.

So either he had one, or he's making up a story to excuse his past two seasons in a sorry attempt to bid for a tryout with the Leafs.  I'm thinking the latter.

I'm pretty sure the Jets or Flames would have put him in a program if they'd noticed. McGratton is 1 on the Flames that would have seen it so this seems a rather convenient excuse.

That's the 1.

I can see being a fan of a player but that 1 was a bit extreme. Being that obssessed speaks of strange things like the book/movie Misery & others.

I'm pretty sure the Jets or Flames would have put him in a program if they'd noticed. McGratton is 1 on the Flames that would have seen it so this seems a rather convenient excuse.

I dont remember ever hearing anything about subtance problems when he was in Winnipeg. Mind you between buff, pavelic, and all the off ice drama kane brought it could have gone by unnoticed rather easily.

Thats totally possible as well, I was just takign what the article said. IF he did have a problem that could explain his NHL problems, and what not. I wouldnt be suprised if he was drinking frequently, especially if he was sneaking out and drinking or staying out late partying etc. That could for sure affect his play. Im not making excuses for him, but that could explain his problems.

I dont remember ever hearing anything about subtance problems when he was in Winnipeg. Mind you between buff, pavelic, and all the off ice drama kane brought it could have gone by unnoticed rather easily.

I don't remember hearing it last year with the Flames, the year in the 'Peg, 2 years in Minny or the previous tenure in SJ.

If there were even rumors I doubt Chevy would have traded a 2nd rounder for him as the stated premise is character.

To get a substance abuse problem past Chevy/Zinger & BT/McGratton Seto would have to be an excellent actor.

• 1 month later...

Archived