Stockton Heat projected roster?

Not sure if this is the right forum to discuss this, but what's the expected roster for Stockton Heat next season?

Admin edit: moved this topic to the Stockon Heat forum, and fleshed out the title.

Simple answer....whoever doesn't make the Flames out of camp, plus one or more AHL signings.  :)

I think he was more asking for projected lines haha.

I think that the Heat's roster is much more volitile than the Flames roster.  Much harder to predict.  Many prospects potentially graduating from the CHL, tweeners that are really too good for the AHL, but no spot available, guys demoted through waivers, guys signed to AHL deals as a result of a good showing at the Young Stars tourney (or Flames TC), guys that don't get bumped down to the ECHL because of too much depth....

Klimchuk, Carroll, Smith and Kanzig are possibles, as they are getting too old to play against kids.  Invited players such as Baillie and Jason Bell, maybe even Fram.  Any goalies from Hiller to Ortio to Gillies are very likely.  Granlund is waiver eligible, so he fits from a business perspective....

I think that the Heat's roster is much more volitile than the Flames roster.  Much harder to predict.  Many prospects potentially graduating from the CHL, tweeners that are really too good for the AHL, but no spot available, guys demoted through waivers, guys signed to AHL deals as a result of a good showing at the Young Stars tourney (or Flames TC), guys that don't get bumped down to the ECHL because of too much depth....

Klimchuk, Carroll, Smith and Kanzig are possibles, as they are getting too old to play against kids.  Invited players such as Baillie and Jason Bell, maybe even Fram.  Any goalies from Hiller to Ortio to Gillies are very likely.  Granlund is waiver eligible, so he fits from a business perspective....

Oh I totally agree, I was just assuming thats what he was asking for. Wouldnt Bell be in the same situation tcakhev was or however you spell his name last season for the oilers? Isent he required to go back into the draft?

Simple answer....whoever doesn't make the Flames out of camp, plus one or more AHL signings.  :)

Smart checking from behind!

This is going to be an exciting year for the Heat, so many kids coming in from Jr with NHL potential just adds to the depth thats already there, its getting pretty crowded in stocton!

I wonder if we can change the topic to project the rookie camp roster as well. Im curious to see what people think of the rookie camp invitees, and of the players that will be there. It looks like it will be a fine camp this year, and im very excited to see some players. We have some good dynamic forwards and great defense prospects, it will be alot of fun.

http://flamesnation.ca/2015/8/16/penticton-roster-guesswork

Im assuming our top 2 centres will be bennett and Karnaukhov, but im not really sure. The wings are a little bit easier to predict, but any other opinions?

Anyone know when the new season's schedule will be out?  Need to plan a road trip to see some games...

From Stockton's website (http://stocktonheat.com/gameday/schedule/)

Confirmed Dates: 

October 10: Home Opener

November 7: Hot Pink I

January 2: Post-Game Ice Painting

January 23: Teddy Bear Toss

February 20: Equipment Bag Giveaway

March 12: Adult Jersey Giveaway

• 2 weeks later...

Thescore is reporting that Ben Hanowski has signed with a German club for this upcoming season. I'd link it but I'm at work and using my phone to post this.

Interesting. Just yesterday this report shows him refusing European offers.

0a7a6dbcb267750bf242a624266bcca4.png

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/2015/08/06/hatten-column-hanowski-plays-contract-waiting-game/31247687/

Ryan Culkin suffered a significant shoulder injury during the game against Edmonton. He's going to be out 6 to 8 weeks. Feel bad for the kid coming off that nasty wrist injury from last season. Speedy recovery Ryan.

That sucks. this was a season where he could have asserted himself as a top call-up and given the Flames some extra depth.

• 2 weeks later...

The large and talented group of Flames defense prospects that could be good nhlers is exciting(Kulak, Culkin, Wotherspoon, Anderson, Kylington, etc)

The large and talented group of Flames defense prospects that could be good nhlers is exciting(Kulak, Culkin, Wotherspoon, Anderson, Kylington, etc)

amazing turnaround after it was seen as an area of weakness just one season ago

Archived