TOR fires GM Nonis, Coach Horachek

Kulstad

Not a surprise. Even before they had a disaster of a season you figure Shanny is going to want his own guys. The disaster of a season they had just made it that much easier of a descion. Feel bad for Horacek because he was handed a bad situation. Hope it doesn't ruin his reputation around the league.

"Toronto Fires GM Nonis, Coach Horachek"...

...And Assistant Coach Steve Spott

...And Assistant Coach Chris Dennis

...And Goaltending Coach Rick St. Croix

...And Pro Scouting Direector Steve Kasper

...And Director of Player Development Jim Hughes...

And apparently "other organizational changes"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762933&navid=nhl:topheads

I think that's the definition of "cleaning house"

This does not sound like just a firing of a GM and coach, this is a deconstruction of an entire organization. Friedman said this morning he has heard that at least 18 people of the hockey operations are out and shanny mentioned today that they are struggling not because they don have a plan but they don't stick to one. Sounds like shanny is dojng what people have been saying to do with the leafs for years and that's build a team and a product not an entertainment group that caters to the fans everyon wants.

Very interesting stuff on the horizon for the leafs.

If Nonis finds his way to calgary it will only be because Treliving wants him. Burke is not the type to force a hire just becaue Nonis might be his guy and there needs to be a need too and right now there is none. I honestly don't have a problem with Nonis in an AGM capacity but it only happens if the flames lose conroy it pascal.

If Burke didn't hire him away from TO when he first came here, he ain't coming. He makes Feaster look like a genious.

Nonis will not be in Calgary. I'd really be surprised if he gets picked up by any team next season. If he does it will be as an assistant.

This does not sound like just a firing of a GM and coach, this is a deconstruction of an entire organization. Friedman said this morning he has heard that at least 18 people of the hockey operations are out and shanny mentioned today that they are struggling not because they don have a plan but they don't stick to one. Sounds like shanny is dojng what people have been saying to do with the leafs for years and that's build a team and a product not an entertainment group that caters to the fans everyon wants.

Very interesting stuff on the horizon for the leafs.

If Nonis finds his way to calgary it will only be because Treliving wants him. Burke is not the type to force a hire just becaue Nonis might be his guy and there needs to be a need too and right now there is none. I honestly don't have a problem with Nonis in an AGM capacity but it only happens if the flames lose conroy it pascal.

Burke is a loyal guy and he has always brought Nonis with him when he becomes availble. i could see him being hired as an assistant to Burke in some sort of role.

Burke is a loyal guy and he has always brought Nonis with him when he becomes availble. i could see him being hired as an assistant to Burke in some sort of role.

He is just as likely to end up in Vancouver.  Seems to me he had some success there.  Has more experience in hocker than Linden, so he may be brought in to help them get back in the game.

Archived