Austin Carroll

I think its very likely you'll see Carroll in the AHL next season. He is physically ready for it so I would think that is the next step.

I'm encouraged by what I've seen but very cautiously optimistic. His skating and agility do need a fair bit of work and can he translate his game to a league where he won't be able to physically dominate so much like he is right now. He's going to go from big and strong, to just another player once he hits the AHL and that is a tough transition. Not saying he can't make it, just there is a ways to go before we can call this guy an NHL prospect IMO but so far he's done what you want and looked good.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only is he an over ager, he's an over sizer. 6'-3" 215 lbs should allow him to walk infront of the net uncontested on most nights. I would like to see him in the AHL for a full season before considering him NHL worthy.

I would agree. I am curious to see if we have another Bouma but on the RW or if he is closer to fringe NHLer like a Hanowski.

Not only is he an over ager, he's an over sizer.  6'-3" 215 lbs should allow him to walk infront of the net uncontested on most nights.  I would like to see him in the AHL for a full season before considering him NHL worthy.

As long as he can spell intense and is truculent its all good. 

There is zero reason to not be encouraged by Carroll. But keep we need to keep it in perspective. He is an over sized player at 20 years old playing against kids. You expect someone like that to produce.

I agree with peeps. Let's see him in the AHL and go from there.

There is zero reason to not be encouraged by Carroll. But keep we need to keep it in perspective. He is an over sized player at 20 years old playing against kids. You expect someone like that to produce.

I agree with peeps. Let's see him in the AHL and go from there.

I would compare him to Ferland coming out of Junior. He was no longer the big man against kids, so it took some adjustment and growing up. He has to learn self-control and how to handle playing against big guys that have equal or more skill.

I thought Carrol looked good in development camp ans he was one of the later ones let go. Much like Ferland he brings a physical and scoring touch. He will have to lean down and work on his skating. So work in the summer I think we could have a good 7th round pick up with this guy. I agree with those who recommend to see what he does in the AHL

• 5 months later...

Archived