NHL Players to start wearing GoPro

Kulstad

Honestly its the wave of the future. Just think what tuning into a hockey game 50 years from now will look like compared to where we were 50 years ago. Our generation hasn't seen anything yet. I for one like the concept of GoPro and where they are heading (pardon the pun) with this.

As long as it's a wide angle lens, i'm good with it.  So much of hockey is about peripheral vision. A regular lens can't capture the full picture and it's annoying.

If the ref cam is any indication, it'll be pretty good...

Wow.

Too bad they couldn't use the selfie cam in a game! What incredible views it would give.

So much display of incredible skill in that video... Oshie's fake slapper, Crosby handling, watching Lundqvist,s eyes track, Toews deke...

Wow.

Too bad they couldn't use the selfie cam in a game! What incredible views it would give.

So much display of incredible skill in that video... Oshie's fake slapper, Crosby handling, watching Lundqvist,s eyes track, Toews deke...

If you were controlling how it's used, I'd be all for it.

It's media and media thrives on the bad as much as the good. So I'm a little out. Until it becomes a reality over a period of time, I'll reserve judgement.

At the all-star game, sure. Game in/Game out I hate the idea, because you just might paint more villains than heroes when the media has it's way with it.

As well as the GoPro equipment the NHL is also going to start using the Sportvision technology for data collection. So for all you stats guys its one more tool for critiquing a player or team.

This is what I am really excited for.  Being able to track where a player spends most of his time on the ice, how long players have the puck on their stick, where the puck is on the ice while a certain player is on the ice. All this info will blow corsi and fenwick numbers out of the water.

Archived