Random Thoughts or Discussion about the Season 14-15

DL44

Best playoff push i can remember since the one yr the Blues went from the basement to a 6th-ish seed in like 30-40 games about 6-7 yrs ago!

Best this one has the great tag along story of the Hamburgler..  It's one for the ages... Just one of those epic legendary stories in the making.

And at the expense of the Bruins as well.

Canuck fan best case scenario: lock up the 2nd seed while both LA and Boston miss the playoffs. Dare to Dream, Arnold... Dare to Dream.

I think another good thing with the Ottawa story is the fact that it leaves potential for 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs. How long has it been since we could say that? It would mean Boston and LA missing, and would result in 2 of the 5 ending in Wildcard spots (Ottawa and Winnipeg) with Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver in divisional seeds. It would definitely divide the nation as far as who "Canada's Team" is this year, since we'll actually have more than one in each conference.

I think another good thing with the Ottawa story is the fact that it leaves potential for 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs. How long has it been since we could say that? It would mean Boston and LA missing, and would result in 2 of the 5 ending in Wildcard spots (Ottawa and Winnipeg) with Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver in divisional seeds. It would definitely divide the nation as far as who "Canada's Team" is this year, since we'll actually have more than one in each conference.

funny how the start of the year the 'experts' were predicting that Montreal was a shoe in but then Toronto would be the next likely Canadian team to make the playoffs

If Ottawa and Hammond can run the tables,  would that be enough to inlcude him in the Calder nominations ?  Its probably unlikely, but i think he'd have to . Even now he has a 14-0-1 record with a .946 save percentage and 1.67 GAA.....  amazing numbers

If Ottawa and Hammond can run the tables, would that be enough to inlcude him in the Calder nominations ? Its probably unlikely, but i think he'd have to . Even now he has a 14-0-1 record with a .946 save percentage and 1.67 GAA..... amazing numbers

Too old...

and I don't think it helps the integrity of any awards to reward players for 25 game samples...

that's a great streak/run... but not season.

Holy crap this playoff race is intense!

I'm just hanging off the scoreboard  nightly now!  

Don't remember ever watching coming down the stretch and it being so tense or fun... or being this nervous. 

I think i posted here mid week last week pretty comfortable with the Canucks positioning at the time...

The the Kings beat the Isles and Canucks lose to the Avs and a shot of panic as you see em within 2... then the Kings lose and Canucks scoop a pt on the weekend making breathing easier...

now tonight..

Kings vs a tired Chicago team, Canucks vs St.Louis, Flames vs Dallas....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived