Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad that 8 game losing streak didn't decide our season. They fought back all year long, after trailing in games as well as after losing streaks, making sure they didn't let it get away too far. 

That 8 gamer, we could have been ahead of the Nucks though. 

Yes, definitely! :)

That game tonight was our best 60 minute game. Guys were right on their checks right away, the forechecking was fabulous, and they didn't look as flustered when the other teams hemmed us in. I think it was a great test and we passed with flying colours.

Yeeeeeah Baaaaaabbbyyyy =) so happy right now :P but I told you guys, I knew it! =)

Is that a touch of stomach flu you have going on there, Basti?  It wouldn't be very thoughtful of you to go into work with such a nasty virus, potentially infecting your co-workers.  Perhaps you should take the day off and get some rest. ;):D

Hahaha I didnt care...^^ I watched the last period XD Need to go to Calgary next season for sure :P

Where can I buy lottery tickets?

At least, back when we were still making the playoffs, Sportschek had a draw for the right to buy nosebleed tickets. Each store has its own draw. I'd drive to every last one of them, and always managed to snag a pair of tickets.

I am at a loss for words. What a truly magical regular season. Bring on the playoffs!

Still a bit of jockeying for position yet. We can take away home ice from the Nucks with a win-loss scenario.

Chicago & Minnesota can still swap C3 & WC1 spots.

In the East the Ottawa magic continues. OTT-PIT-BOS  Who misses? Still several possibilities for match-ups also.

My chart that I've been posting for 2 months is a little redundant now but it can still be useful for what-if scenarios.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-04

I noticed this too. He was genuinely ecstatic for this win.

Apparently all the owners were waiting in the dressing room too.

The funniest thing I saw was multiple tweets from Feaster.  That guy is priceless.

The GM showed his excitement is right on par with the players. The things he didn't do and the things he did allowed the team to focus on winning. No Kane distractions. No "new player issues". In hindsight, Schlemko was a good move because it gave us the

needed body that was reliable.  Not flashy, just solid.  Erixon would have been a distraction.  Yandle would have killed our prospect

base.

We made the playoff. If we are honest for most of us and the outside world a big surprise.

BT haven't sold the future when Gio went down, we event traded away GlenX.

If I am looking into the future, we have still a lot of prospects pushing into the lineup the next two years (Sam and Emile just to name some). The next years will be even more exiting.

This team earned a lot of respect. Some vets really stepped up: Gio, Russel, Hudler, Wideman even Engelland. Now lets get as far as possible, each round means an extra topping.

The funniest thing I saw was multiple tweets from Feaster. That guy is priceless.

The GM showed his excitement is right on par with the players. The things he didn't do and the things he did allowed the team to focus on winning. No Kane distractions. No "new player issues". In hindsight, Schlemko was a good move because it gave us the

needed body that was reliable. Not flashy, just solid. Erixon would have been a distraction. Yandle would have killed our prospect

base.

Can you share his tweets! I don't have twitter.

We are in baby, we are in!

The Flames have 45 wins (so far) this season, each one was huge, but 3 stand out.
March 23, a must win for COL, Flames win 3-2, ending COL season.
March 30, a must win for DAL, Flames win 5-3, ending DAL season.
Apr 9, a must win for LA, Flames win 3-1, ending LA season.

Plus they won 10 of 11 mini 7 game segments and finished the season winning one 5 game segment.
Does anyone see the trend?

GFG!

Off-topic in this thread as it only pertains to the East but since I've been posting these here....

Plenty of permutations left in the East & 2 of 3 remaining contenders to be decided.

I'll let nhl.com decipher it for you:

Playoff countdown: Senators can cap amazing run - nhl.com

Ottawa will clinch a berth from the Eastern Conference by defeating the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday.

The Senators and Flyers play at 12:30 p.m., so the Penguins and Boston Bruins will know where they stand before playing at night. If Ottawa wins or gets to overtime, only one of Pittsburgh and Boston can qualify. If the Senators lose in regulation, the Penguins and Bruins each can get in with a victory.

Pittsburgh, 3-9-2 since March 12 and winless in April, plays at the Buffalo Sabres (7 p.m. ET); Boston plays at the Tampa Bay Lightning (7:30 p.m. ET). The Penguins lead the Bruins by one point and would make the playoffs for a ninth straight season with a win.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-04

Pittsburgh blew it again today... lots of empty seats and fans booing in the 3rd period. If I were Buffalo I'd be pretty motivated by the chance to play spoiler.

Flyers are down 1-2 after 2. If it helps eliminate the Pens the guys in chat are OK with a loss.

For today, Go Sabres!

Archived