Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Nucks fan. I jusy wanna see an awesome series between the Nucks and Flames. It's been too long since we have had a good Canadian rivalry with two decent teams going at it. I'm actually glad the Flames are good again, I want Canadian teams to flourish, I'm sick of seeing Americans thinking they are the best at hockey (even though half of the players in every team are Canadian). Please finish off the Kings on Thursday, it would be nice if three Canadian teams ended their chance to lift the cup again.

You should have watched the game rather than cherry pick a St. L slant.

There was a slash that broke a stick. No call.

Reaves on Perraeault. Elbow that knocked his helmet off & sent him to the "quiet room". No call.

In front of the net Reaves laid the lumber on Stuart's neck. Once got Buff 4 games but Reaves did it twice.

I did watch the game :) Horrible calls both ways. That one stood out as it directly nullified the game tying goal on a very soft call. If the stick broke or he was actually hanging onto it, it'd be the right call.

Lets get that western Canadian sweep of the kings and sweep them right out of the playoffs.

We win in regulation and both the Flames and Jets clinch.

I hope that Ottawa can make the playoffs and knock out someone - ideally Pittsbrough, but really I'm happy regardless.

Can you imagine if the SCF was between Calgary and Ottawa? That would be one heck of a story.

Alright, I don't want to Jynx things, so if you are affraid I will please beat me to death now, but.........

Based on a partially scientific study involving no science what so ever I believe the Flames are going to the cup final like in 04, Both entering the playoffs after long stints on the outside, a 1st round Vancouver matchup, not having one a playoff series in ages.... but most telling is my brother is having another kid this year, the last one is in 04, born on the same day as game 6 of the SCF, this one is due around the same time.... so I am prepared if necessary to sacrifice my brothers partners life if it seems like she is going to go into labor and ruin our cinderella run. :P

All that aside, make the playoffs, miss the playoffs we are fortunate to have been able to watch such an incredible hard working team that everyone wrote off before the season started stand two points away from the post season, and if the make it Red Mile Baby.... but maybe this year can we have the Red Mile stretch all the way to NZ so I can join in?

Need Ottawa to knock out Pittsburgh and Calgary / Winnipeg to knock out LA and FF and Canadians everywhere will rejoice. If the Flames steal home ice from Vancouver that would be gravy.

The big downside to Ottawa beating out Pitts is that the Oilers get a 2nd lotto pick (by way of Peron trade).

That means they could get 1st and 3rd overall, or 3rd and 14th, or at worst, 4th and 14th.

I don't like Ottawa enough (whether they are a Canadian team or not) to hope for them.  If you lived in NS, the only games SN-East covered was Ottawa; blech.

Ya, I don't like the new guy. It takes him five minutes to set up the game and you hear the play in the background and scoring chances and I have no clue what's going on. I don't need to know the play is going left to right or anything like that. I just need to know who has the puck and what zone they're in.

Who they're passing to

But ya, I miss Marr

Nothing of significance in the West tonight so I am musing about the East standings.

Like the West, this finish is going right down to the wire. Any of the 5 teams from 5th-9th could still miss.

Unlike the West however is the lack of crucial head-to-head games (exc NYI@PIT) that will decide the final result.

NYI, DET, PIT, or BOS could be on the outside looking in come Saturday night if the stars align for OTT.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-04

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-04

Setting aside my Flames bias, I truly cannot remember the last time the regular season was this exciting for the last week of games.  I truly don't know if it's because of league parity, or just a stroke of sheer luck throughout the entire league, but hot damn is this fun!

Setting aside my Flames bias, I truly cannot remember the last time the regular season was this exciting for the last week of games. I truly don't know if it's because of league parity, or just a stroke of sheer luck throughout the entire league, but hot damn is this fun!

So the new system pays off for you after all... I probably wont sleep this night. So bad the match is at 3:00 AM (UTC+1) :( And i cant have a day off tomorrow :s

So the new system pays off for you after all... I probably wont sleep this night. So bad the match is at 3:00 AM (UTC+1) :( And i cant have a day off tomorrow :s

Is that a touch of stomach flu you have going on there, Basti?  It wouldn't be very thoughtful of you to go into work with such a nasty virus, potentially infecting your co-workers.  Perhaps you should take the day off and get some rest. ;):D

Is that a touch of stomach flu you have going on there, Basti?  It wouldn't be very thoughtful of you to go into work with such a nasty virus, potentially infecting your co-workers.  Perhaps you should take the day off and get some rest. ;):D

Upper Body Injury.... Just heard the City of Calgary has got 500,000 defibrillators available just for tonights game.

Setting aside my Flames bias, I truly cannot remember the last time the regular season was this exciting for the last week of games.  I truly don't know if it's because of league parity, or just a stroke of sheer luck throughout the entire league, but hot damn is this fun!

I don't think its really league parity, things haven't changed much compared to the previous few seasons in terms of total points or team competitiveness.

But both Ottawa and Calgary have far exceeded expectations, and other teams have not lived up their own hype (Pittsburgh, Boston, San Jose, Los Angeles).

I would have to look, but to have both conferences with teams fighting for the final playoff spots in the last 2 games of the regular season has not happened very often.

Definitely bias.  It's like this virtually every season.

Whats different this time around is the amount of Canadian teams potentially making the playoffs.  The Canadian sports networks sound enthusiastic on air all the time.  Also, NO LEAFS!  Yay!  This means there will be fair and equal coverage of the Canadian teams around the country during the playoffs instead of 90% on the Leafs and 10% for everybody else.  Leafs talk is depressing whereas the Flames and Senators stories are enticing and captivating.  The networks have to start promoting the playoffs instead of talking negatives like the Leafs.  The Jets look to be finally in as well which is a great story in itself.  The Habs have potential could come out of the East in the Cup final.  Even the Canucks, who weren't suppose to make the playoffs in most experts eyes will have home ice to start the first round.

But ya still, it's exciting like this every year if your team is one of the teams in the fight for the final playoff spot.

Torn on what I want the Jets to do tonight.  If we both lose tonight, Saturday's matchup will be one for the ages as a winner takes all scenario would be possible.  On the other hand, if the Jets win tonight they will clinch, so they might rest some of their better players and take it easy on us.  Or we could win tonight and the whole thing would be moot!

Archived