Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tough call.. the way LA has been playing i think we are realistically fighting WPG and MIN for that final spot, could almost be better to see WPG lose... just hope its a Reg win either way 

Winnipeg has the tougher schedule down the stretch.  So let them win this one (IN REGULATION PLEASE!) to keep it interesting.  1-0 Jets after 1.

WOO HOO!  Jets beat the Kings 5-2.

The Flames are back in a playoff position!!

12 of the Kings final 20 are on the road where they sport an unimpressive 9-14-6 record!!

The Jets added Stemp for depth. Gave up Klinberg to the Rags.

You have to love when you gain in the standings despite not playing. :)

Still a long way to go but it's starting to look like a top 3 in the Pacific Division is our ticket into the playoffs.

Too bad the Nucks gained 2 pts. <_<

Toronto joined the other projected duds with virtually no chance to make the show.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-0323150

LOL the gods are with us. Now we need the boys to push harder then ever. Monahan, Johnny, and Brodie need to lead this team!! this is it people. If the players I listed can get hot, and remain hot for the rest of the season, then we're in. Easier said then done though

playoffs are going to tough no question but a couple of reasons why I don't think all hope is lost:

-Flames are getting top level goaltending lately so they likely are going to stay in games

- Out of 15 games this month, The Flames play only 6 teams currently in a playoff spot

They are going to need several players (namely Backlund, Hudler,Monahan, Gaudreau, Brodie, Russel, and Wideman) to step up but I don't think they are a total write off and that's why I agree with standing pat today.

My hopes took a worse dive than any team accomplished with their player dumps.

We have players & can carry on for a bit but they lost their leader & heart + soul. We have nobody that is ready to take that role.

Russell is close to Gio in his compete level, but not as much as a warrior. It's time for the others to step up. Bring in Spoon and see if he can help. He was the backbone of the baby Flames and deserves a chance to show his value. If we sink or swim, it going to be on the backs of the guys that have got us here, and those we add to even out the team. Guys like Shore, Spoon, Ferland/Poirier will have to do their part.

Scoring has been an issue in the last few games. We have to get that rolling again, so that Gio's loss has less impact. Our depth on D was our achiles heel, so now that we lost Gio, we have to make up for it in other ways. Spoon can help stabilize the D a bit. Ferland can replace Bollig (boat anchor), Poirier can replace Byron breakaway speed, and Shore can add a new dimension to our center depth.

All is not lost. It's going to be a bumpy ride though.

Of the remaining 20-games, I'm thinking the Flames go something like 9-9-2 giving them a total of 90-points to end the season.  I think Giordano's injury will likely have cost the Flames around 4-points and ultimately the playoffs.  It's too bad.  It was a good run and they had me convinced they could make it but the Giordano injury is too critical to ignore.

The next game without Giordano is going to be a statement game.  Win, and optimism will run throughout the fan base.  Lose, and the season is over.

Of the remaining 20-games, I'm thinking the Flames go something like 9-9-2 giving them a total of 90-points to end the season.  I think Giordano's injury will likely have cost the Flames around 4-points and ultimately the playoffs.  It's too bad.  It was a good run and they had me convinced they could make it but the Giordano injury is too critical to ignore.

The next game without Giordano is going to be a statement game.  Win, and optimism will run throughout the fan base.  Lose, and the season is over.

I think you are close. The big factor will be how we are able to play in close games. If we manage to win a game when losing after the 2nd, the team will believe in itself. If they do, then they could make the playoffs. I think they will do everything to score early in games to ensure they have a better chance.

I think we will finish with 14 wins and 2 OTL. I guess I am a bit of a homey. :)

Archived