2014 Development Camp

Heh, kinda cool.

My oldest son is visiting nana in Calgary and went to today's development camp where he met Treliving, Hartley, Gelinas, Gaudreau, Bennett, and some other prospects. The Flames media team decided to showcase him on twitter.  I think I'm more excited than he was.  :D

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status...569344/photo/1

10364118_10152095674766618_1530733423887

That's awesome s4xon!! I'm so jealous of him, so lucky heheh I wish I could attend dev camp... too far away at the moment :(

That's awesome s4xon!! I'm so jealous of him, so lucky heheh I wish I could attend dev camp... too far away at the moment :(

I'm a little jealous myself.  I would love to see some of the development camp exercises with my own eyes.  Lucky kid.  ^_^

My oldest son is visiting nana in Calgary and went to today's development camp where he met Treliving, Hartley, Gelinas, Gaudreau, Bennett, and some other prospects.

I'm a little jealous myself.  I would love to see some of the development camp exercises with my own eyes.  Lucky kid.  ^_^

Me too...   Maybe I could go down there and pretend to be your kid tomorrow?...   Just for the day...   :ph34r:

:lol:

As it is mere minutes away & I had the free time, I attended all 5 days of the Flames Development Camp.

As it is not my nature to post long diatribes about individual players, all I can say that if some of these young

men develop into NHL grade players, our future is optimistically bright.

The raw talent & hockey IQ was definitely evident among many of the attendees; either drafted or invited.

For those that make it to training camp in September, I wish them the best of luck.

I also had the opportunity to talk to several parents /siblings of these players from out of town and they also share the hopes & dreams of their sons / brothers. They discussed how the Flame's organization treated all the players like gold and also how much they loved Calgary.

Hopefully this hot weather makes the non-signed players forget about wanting to play in Florida, Phoenix, or California.

If this development camp would have been in January................

Now for a couple of mostly hockey-starved months.

Dates of note below:

Canada WJC camp Aug 03-08 in Brossard, Montreal, and Sherbrooke, Quebec

Canucks YoungStars Classic Sept 12-15, 2014 in Penticton BC

Flames training camp in early September with the pre-season starting Sept 21 & regular season Oct 08.

As it is mere minutes away & I had the free time, I attended all 5 days of the Flames Development Camp.

As it is not my nature to post long diatribes about individual players, all I can say that if some of these young

men develop into NHL grade players, our future is optimistically bright.

The raw talent & hockey IQ was definitely evident among many of the attendees; either drafted or invited.

For those that make it to training camp in September, I wish them the best of luck.

I also had the opportunity to talk to several parents /siblings of these players from out of town and they also share the hopes & dreams of their sons / brothers. They discussed how the Flame's organization treated all the players like gold and also how much they loved Calgary.

Hopefully this hot weather makes the non-signed players forget about wanting to play in Florida, Phoenix, or California.

If this development camp would have been in January................

Now for a couple of mostly hockey-starved months.

Dates of note below:

Canada WJC camp Aug 03-08 in Brossard, Montreal, and Sherbrooke, Quebec

Canucks YoungStars Classic Sept 12-15, 2014 in Penticton BC

Flames training camp in early September with the pre-season starting Sept 21 & regular season Oct 08.

Curses! I was hoping not to know specific dates but now I'm going to be watching the calendar... It's going to take so long! Thanks for the updates and your thoughts on Dev. Camp though :D  I hope next year I'll be able to attend, can fans attend main training camp? I might try to go sometime around then if so. :)

I've definitely heard a multitude of fan scouting during dev. camp and I like hearing the different opinions help paint a picture of what potential we have, hopefully turns out to be a Van Gogh in the future!

Aaron Vickers ‏@AAVickers 2h

The #Flames will bring FA invite Jason Fram to rookie camp in September. A few other FA's could join him, too.

I didn't get to see any of the development camp, did this kid do alright? I was kind of curious about him going in because of the numbers he put in the WHL last year and he's a RH shot.

Great scrimmage again.

Hunter Smith stepped up his game which was good to see.

Tim Harrison made a strong showing this scrimmage as did Klimchuck and Agostino.

This Year I feel from what I saw

John Gaudreau and David Wolf should start with the Flames team this year from this group of prospects.

PS Jtech : Jason Fram's play  didnt stand out to me but then again 1 person can't watch everyone.

Went to all days (minus Saturday).  Fram looked like one of the best overall defensemen on Sunday but didn't really stand out in either scrimmage.  Was looking out for him because he appeared to be one of the more impressive walk-on guys the first day of viewing..

Archived