Max Reinhart Watch

Worthy of his own thread??

I was really impressed with him in his final two junior seasons, as well as with his NHL callups.

He never really found offensive success at the AHL level, but he's starting this season off with two points in two games (goal and an assist).

Could this be the year that he finds his offense professionally?

Normally, I would expect him to get bounced to the Flames to much to get that kind of consistency.  But with Corban Knight (also 2 points in 2 games), Roman Horak (1 point), and Paul Byron (3 points in 2 games) at the ready, I don't think there's any immediate reason to call him up, and I could see him really developing this year.

Worthy of his own thread??

I was really impressed with him in his final two junior seasons, as well as with his NHL callups.

He never really found offensive success at the AHL level, but he's starting this season off with two points in two games (goal and an assist).

Could this be the year that he finds his offense professionally?

Normally, I would expect him to get bounced to the Flames to much to get that kind of consistency.  But with Corban Knight (also 2 points in 2 games), Roman Horak (1 point), and Paul Byron (3 points in 2 games) at the ready, I don't think there's any immediate reason to call him up, and I could see him really developing this year.

I don't know where he fits right now.  He is like a less talented version of Backlund (2-way C) with some grit.  Maybe if he was played on the 4th line with Bouma and Knight that would work.  If that is the case, Jackman gets traded, McG sits for all but the odd game, and Street gets sent down.  Not likely right now, after so few games.  A possibility later on in the year.

I like Reinhart and believe he will be an NHLer

But I don't think that will be this year. Right now, Knight, Colborne, and Horak are all ahead o him. And based on the way he has played, so is Street. Even if Monahan is sent down, you've got:

Backlund

Stajan

Colborne

Knight

Horak

Street and if need be,

Galiardi, Bouma and Cammalleri

So Reinhart can focus on his game and getting stronger.

I like Reinhart and believe he will be an NHLer

But I don't think that will be this year. Right now, Knight, Colborne, and Horak are all ahead o him. And based on the way he has played, so is Street. Even if Monahan is sent down, you've got:

Backlund

Stajan

Colborne

Knight

Horak

Street and if need be,

Galiardi, Bouma and Cammalleri

So Reinhart can focus on his game and getting stronger.

Yes, we can keep Max on the Heat until we draft his brother. ;)

Archived