Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't adjust my rankings based on other teams rumors though, montreal had 2 high 2nd round picks to pick Poirer at other than pick 25

I would be very curious to see where they had hunter in "their rankings"

Feaster did say that Poirier was in their top 10, so he isn't adjusting. There's a big difference between a guy ranked high on your list who has every indication of being overlooked by just about every team and a guy ranked highly on your list who happens to be in demand.

Back in 06, Columbus had Tom Sestito ranked 30th on their lists, while he was a late 6th rounder on CSS and for the most part was not expected to be in play that early for most other teams. So they traded their second rounder for more assets, ended up drafting Sestito in the third round. Got who they wanted as well as an extra pick, everything worked out fine for them (except for the fact that Sestito never amounted to anything but still....:lol:)

The NHL grapevine hears a lot more than what the fans hear, so if they heard rumblings about MTL and Poirier, better not to take that chance, especially not with MTL having a pick between 22 and 28. NHL teams don't draft based on who's the best consensus player among the fans. If they're so easily influenced by the media and the public, they should be fired.

Couple of guys to look for in the 7th 

Mark Yanis: 6'3" defenseman playing for Penn State last year had 9 points in 15 games.

Zach Glienke: 6'3" C/LW played US high school last year 60 points in 25 games.

Colby Cave: 6' C played for Swift Current last year 41 points in 72 games.

I like the pick, this Kid has blazing speed and and attacks the net like a rocket. He could be the steal of the year....

High risk, high reward and I'm betting if he was highlighted as much as some of the other first round players most would be pretty happy with this pick!

I cant believe we passed up on Miro Aaltonen he was awesome in the WJC

1 game sample? As a 20-year old? Playing top-6 minutes? Against Latvia, the team that got relegated to Division A this year? Yeah, no. Also, he's only 5'10" and 168 pounds as a 20-year old, I doubt he's getting much taller.

It would have been extremely hard for him to look bad considering he played against the worst team in the tournament on a line with Markus Granlund and Joel Armia.

I wouldn't adjust my rankings based on other teams rumors though, montreal had 2 high 2nd round picks to pick Poirer at other than pick 25

I would be very curious to see where they had hunter in "their rankings"

If Poirer was truly on their top 10, then I guess its a good pick (based on how they rank players).

If you use Janko as a case study, I would say it is pretty safe to assume that if the Flames figured they could have moved down and still grabbed him they would have.

I think Hunter Shinkurak is like a Devin Setoguchi. High energy second line player who needs a star Center to carry him.

He's a Canuck and looks like he could be Raffi Torres' kid.  Plus he's already a diving schmuck. ;)

He's a Canuck and looks like he could be Raffi Torres' kid.  Plus he's already a diving schmuck. ;)

I think Hunter Shinkurak is like a Devin Setoguchi. High energy second line player who needs a star Center to carry him.

See myself, I really liked him, but then some new information about him came out at roughly 2pm today that turned me off of the kid likely forever.

Archived