Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isnt that the truth...

maybe we are just guarding ourselves to have a shot at McDavid in two years.

I wouldn't put it past the Flames to pick the guy after McDavid if they had the first overall pick.

Is it just me, but the 5th was a better pick than the 3rd? Kinda @$$ backwards to me.

Most would probably agree with you. Roy was in the 70s on a lot of the media draft boards.

Roy is another project dman but unlike previous flames dman picks he has to learn defence and at this point I'd much rather a good offensive guy who needs to taught d. IMO you can work with that and if you do there is a good amount of upside here

Is it just me, but the 5th was a better pick than the 3rd?  Kinda @$$ backwards to me.

yes its true, lol       

Klimchuck and Poirer look like they're backwards as well - to me it looks like they evaluate players they are interested in ok, but don't really have a feel for where other teams would take the players - not a great overall strategy, like letting players slide that they're interested in that can be had later in drafts.

Seiloff was also ranked very high last year..

yes its true, lol       

Klimchuck and Poirer look like they're backwards as well - to me it looks like they evaluate players they are interested in ok, but don't really have a feel for where other teams would take the players - not a great overall strategy, like letting players slide that they're interested in that can be had later in drafts.

Seiloff was also ranked very high last year..

Rumour has it that MTL was interested in Poirier. Where there's smoke....

If that's the case, better to pick the guy you want rather than trade back and hope for the off-chance that he might make it to you.

It'd be an entirely different scenario if there's a guarantee that he'll be had at 28.

Rumour has it that MTL was interested in Poirier. Where there's smoke....

If that's the case, better to pick the guy you want rather than trade back and hope for the off-chance that he might make it to you.

It'd be an entirely different scenario if there's a guarantee that he'll be had at 28.

I wouldn't adjust my rankings based on other teams rumors though, montreal had 2 high 2nd round picks to pick Poirer at other than pick 25

I would be very curious to see where they had hunter in "their rankings"

Archived