Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

Klimchuk is 5'11". Might want to check back on that. Would definitely help your case to spell the name right though.

Meh, if he grows then I'll put the time into spelling his name right.  lol.  Seriously though he looks like a large dude on the ice watching his highlights.  

Anyway, not sure what they are thinking in this draft, with klimchuck and the 67th pick.  Both seem like projects yet again,

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys just got  back from Flames central and im sure you guys were shocked with our 22nd pick as much as everyone there. But after doing some internet searches im quite content to see what this kid can bring and it seems hartley was quite high on him.

Was he the "Best player not in the NHL"?

especially after what we've seen in the last 2 years in the 3rd round from this scouting group.

In other words, the Flames just picked a Goon that will never make the NHL.

Is it against the rules to wear broomball shoes?

Man, seeing these names come off the board I really feel like the flames just threw away their third rounder..

The Flames' attention was taken by the 6th pick.  Almost like seeing a cat chase a laser pointer.

Was he the "Best player not in the NHL"?

Lol i was antisipating some NCAA project nobody heard of. Its just realistic that we should still be bottom of the barrel for 2-3 more years to stack some actual prospects and have trade leverage etc. But I would also like to see Feaster not the guy in charge after this season TBH

Quit beaking Klimchuk - he's the goods

If you are referring to me, you can quit beaking period...

When Shinkaruk dropped from give or take #14, I would have taken him at #22...

Out of the Calgary based prospects, he is the better of the two...

Please tell us more, why do you say this? Convince me and others that Feaster wasn't on a skittles sugar high.

When Shinkaruk dropped from  give or take #14, I would have taken him at #22...

totally agree

When Shinkaruk dropped from  give or take #14, I would have taken him at #22...

Hey guys, read the rules on the front page. Have another drink and watch some drafting.

Man, seeing these names come off the board I really feel like the flames just threw away their third rounder..

Monahan was obvious.  I don't like the Poirier pick, but he is clearly a good prospect and the pick is defensible.  Klimchuk was considered a late first rounder and I have no problems with that pick.  But I don't get this pick.  

If you want to go off the board to this degree then trade down. 

Plus there is nothing in the Flames drafting record that convinces me they are smarter then everybody else and should be going off the board to this degree.  

Waste of a pick for a guy you could have got in the 5. 

I too think people need to lay off Klimchuk. I understand the shinkarik vs Porier debate but I don t see how anyone can argue that Klimchuk was a bad pick at 28. He had a good year with the Pats, was very good at the under 18s, good skater that can physical but also skilled and is a competent two way forward. Sure he is not going to wow you or bring you out of your seat but he is a good solid hockey player.

I too think people need to lay off Klimchuk. I understand the shinkarik vs Porier debate but I don t see how anyone can argue that Klimchuk was a bad pick at 28. He had a good year with the Pats, was very good at the under 18s, good skater that can physical but also skilled and is a competent two way forward. Sure he is not going to wow you or bring you out of your seat but he is a good solid hockey player.

Thanks cross, this is what I was looking for, guess the1st round is not as much of a bust as I had thought.  BUT what's up with that 3rd round pick???

Klimchuk was taken at 28, not 22

Ide rather have Shinkaruk at 22 than Poirer, but Klimchuk at 28 is great

Please read more closely before beaking...   :)

When Shinkaruk dropped from give or take #14, I would have taken him at #22...

Out of the Calgary based prospects, he is the better of the two...

Klimchuk is not the player I had the Issue with...

Archived