Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid first 3 picks.

Got to laugh at all the Feaster haters.

Our cupboards are definitely stocked better, there is no doubt about that rocdoc...

It's just a matter of opinion, and either agreeing or disagreeing with the selections Feaster made...

Even then, for those of us who disagree with one or more of the Flames 1st round choices, there will either be agreement or disagreement with who the better choice/choices was/were...  

It's just draft day discussion, and that's what this thread is about...   :)

The same as anyone else, I just hope they chose wisely, and only time will tell...

Our cupboards are definitely stocked better, there is no doubt about that rocdoc...

It's just a matter of opinion, and either agreeing or disagreeing with the selections Feaster made...

Even then, for those of us who disagree with one or more of the Flames 1st round choices, there will either be agreement or disagreement with who the better choice/choices was/were...  

It's just draft day discussion, and that's what this thread is about...   :)

The same as anyone else, I just hope they chose wisely, and only time will tell...

Nope, according to TSN an hour ago, the Flames cupboards are bare, and the Canucks are almost bare...

That's where I disagree. 

Monahan was the best player on a purely bad team. I think he is ready to make the leap and I honestly believe that if you keep him on the 67's he'll get side tracked in terms of development. Sign him to a ELC and let him play 2C minutes or 3C minutes for a while on the Flames roster and at times 1C so you can smoothly develop him on an NHL roster. Since he can't go to the AHL, that is your best option and it is an option for the Flames. 

Both wingers will make a push for roster spots, too, and with future trades looming and F/A signings I can see it as a possibility depending on what direction the Flames do go. Do they try to sign good players (Vinny and Horton) to try to get back into a playoff picture since Feater doesn't like rebuilding, or do you let the youngsters come up and try to prove themselves like the end of last year? 

Ultimately, none of us know what Feaster and companies 'strategy' is. If they make the roster, they make the roster. And only then can you legitimately judge them at an NHL level. :)

I think going back to the OHL would be good for his development, he will have a chance to get bigger and stronger, and to get better offensively.  I just worry that coming to the NHL too soon might stall his offensive development.

Poirier and Klimchuk aren't near strong enough to play next year. 

I agree that ideally you want Monahan down for he more year but my concern there is sending him back to Ottawa who should be better but not exactly very good so other than the WJC you might not be providing a great developmental track but it all comes down to training camp

Hopefully Barrie trades for him to replace Scheifele. A year working with Hawerchuk would be great for him.

Archived