New Uni's Around The Nhl

s4xon

Looks like the Canes just unveiled new threads for the team.  Dallas is supposed to be following up in a short time.

640ee0f808d87373bba4c81b500e5634.png

d2cba178461e64ad7e81276afca556c8.png

7c761ea545f44a244db30f9009d8e63e.png

Hopefully the Flames can follow suit (pun intended ;)) and in the process, rid us poor fans of those hideous shoulder patches. Ok, the Canadian flag isn't that bad, but the Alberta duds needs to go.

I think the only good move they made was removing the hurricane warning flag pattern from the bottom.

Issues I have with the new design:

- The crest is too high, especially noticeable on the home jersey due to the collar. It almost looks like a misprint you'd find on sale.

- There's already a team in the NHL doing the "all red, almost nothing else" look, and they've been around a lot longer.

- It seems like a wasted opportunity to make the logo design more appealing. I've never liked it.

- Boring...boring...boring. I think that's the main issue for me.

I was actually thinking just the other day that the Stars could really use a uniform update. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. I'd love to see some old Northstars tribute colors. I just hope they come up with something more original than "DALLAS" written on the front haha.

Here's an assist Joey

328f11537578ab1601da2070e335b33f.png

c70bd6a0f96b01fedf4b40f1207da9d2.png

8d62db3bf4fe10efac6b8d82fc58aa19.png       (Sudenly I'm craving Starbucks...)

93e52294f0c79726c0aa9087f9e788b3.png (Pants)

(By the way Joey, if you want to post a pic, download a utility called Gyazo.  You can copy any picture with a selection tool and paste it in any forum.  The best thing about them is they host the picture so you don't have to save it on your compy. :))

The Dallas ones aren't terrible... I'd give them a 5/10. I'm not really a fan of the 3D effect with the shadows and would have liked to see some Northstars yellow. With that shoulder logo we definitely have to call them the Dallas Starbucks now. The pants logo is cool imo.

I think the Canes logo is way too high. It looks like its trying to hold up their manboobs or something.  I also think their red home jersey copied Team Canada's design, just add 1 more white stripe and slap a Team Canada logo on it, badda boom badda bing.

8d62db3bf4fe10efac6b8d82fc58aa19.png       (Sudenly I'm craving Starbucks...)

:lol: :lol: Haha good call

The Stars I like better than the Canes although both aren't very exciting changes, as someone else stated the Canes almost looks like it took a step back, very boring almost seems like a lazy upgrade.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the Sharks are in for some new diggs too.

15212325832_slide-copy.jpg

7211920670_slide-copy.jpg

Too bad.  Their black set was the best in the whole league.  Unless of course they keep them as their 3rd jersey.  Also, the new set looks unfinished without any striping on the bottom.  Just my opinion.

Should be a cleaner look for the Sharks on the ice...

I thought they looked too busy with all their piping, numbers on chest... Maybe it was the Orange accents giving it that appearance now that i see it without as much of it...

looks better without it on the collar and around the numbers. The shoulder outlines are gone too...

I think its definitely an improvement in the pics - definitely much cleaner and less busy... will wait to see on the ice now.

EDIT: As i scroll thru the new jerseys in this thread, that seems to be the trend with the latest jerseys - simplified, less busy, cleaner looks. I'm all for it, in concept. Again, will wait to judge when i see it during a game.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wild unveiled their new 'away' jerseys.  An upgrade if you ask me.  Looks like a classic hockey jersey.  The darker green is snazzy.  Although, the shoulder patch with the same logo as the chest is a little unimaginative in my mind.

hs7qd4.png

dxtlw.png

and the old 'away' jersey for comparison

2ltkghl.png

I prefer all of the newer jerseys to the old ones so far, although the Canes leaves a lot to be desired.  I really like the Dallas and Minnesota jerseys although I hate the Wild logo.

In general, I like that the league seems to be going towards a more simplified, classic look.  I hope the Flames do the same without losing the identity of the current jersey/logo.

I get the feeling Ott is not overly impressed...   :lol:

28691b9df8fc226be959b6b404a8f520.png

That is horrendous.  I thought I was looking at the Preds 3rd until I scrolled down and saw Buffalo.  I feel bad for the whole franchise and the fans on this one.

The new Wild jerseys are gorgeous!
Those are sharp as hell... such an improvement!
Immediately i feel like those whites are among the best in the league. They got em right.

I have no idea what the hell Buffalo's design team has been smoking since the 90's.
Those 'caped' jerseys may actually look awesome on the ice, but they just can't get away from looking like practice jerseys can they... The grey cuffs look so out of place and unnecessary - just feels like they are forcing that color for some reason... no need to have in the number or on the cuffs.

Could of been a very good jersey otherwise if they kept it to the 2 primary tones. The yellow front and blue back is as unique a look as you can get and i look forward to seeing it on the ice... but don't like the grey. Totally spins the look to a practice jersey.
Nashville must be pissed!  Are these the exact same colors as their jerseys?
At least they got the logo right.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived