Michael Ferland

Ferland will be a great asset for this team. Every game he gets better and better, Big guy likes to hit will fight and has great Hockey IQ. BT made comments that Ferland is a key element moving forward.

Happy to hear that. I was worried he was spiralling downward when he was charged after the bar fight. He came out of that and really matured. He had a huge hit tonight and made some very smart plays, as well as causing the Kings all kings of trouble on the forecheck.

For a guy that started his hockey career so late in life, he will just get better.

Happy to hear that. I was worried he was spiralling downward when he was charged after the bar fight. He came out of that and really matured. He had a huge hit tonight and made some very smart plays, as well as causing the Kings all kings of trouble on the forecheck.

For a guy that started his hockey career so late in life, he will just get better.

I wonder how much McGratton had to do with it as well. Ferland has been sober for awhile since the incident. At least that's what I heard in passing on a Flames broadcast. They gave a shout out to his sobriety. 

I wonder how much McGratton had to do with it as well. Ferland has been sober for awhile since the incident. At least that's what I heard in passing on a Flames broadcast. They gave a shout out to his sobriety.

Hartley talked about it. He said that he had a talk with Ferland and Ferlie was upfront about his issues. Hartley went to team management to ask for help with it. They set him up in a "program". Hartley is so proud about how the kid responded and his one-year sobriety.

IMO, Ferland should have been one of the 3 starts last night I thought his game was that good and that important. LA likes to intimidate you and they sure tried last night and I felt like every time Ferland was on the ice he was pushing back and sending a message that the Flames are not going to be pushed around. Won't show up on a score sheet but I thought that was critical to the win last night.

I'm really happy for Ferland. I knew he was battling some issues and I had heard behind the scenes that his focus wasn't always on hockey but you could tell the skill set was there and I think you're are seeing what a focused player can do when he has his skill set. If he stays on this path, I'm really excited for what he could bring to the Flames.

Watching him play against Doughty was a treat, he made a great veteran move to separate Drew from the puck with his body and get it in deep for a line change.

I walked away impressed with him last night, its finding good depth players like this to compliment your stars that brings you into the elite conversation.

Archived