Oilers Trade With Dallas

DirtyDeeds

I like Fistric. One of the dirtiest and cheapest players in the NHL at the moment. Leaves his feet just a little bit every time he hits, and he's always hitting. Always got his elbow up high.

One of those players you want on your team but hate to play against.

IMO fristric is just a better version of Babchuck

This assessment of Fistric is WAY off. Check out some youtube highlight reels. It's all about crushing opponents and fighting.

I like Fistric. One of the dirtiest and cheapest players in the NHL at the moment. Leaves his feet just a little bit every time he hits, and he's always hitting. Always got his elbow up high.

This assessment of Fistric is WAY off. Check out some youtube highlight reels. It's all about crushing opponents and fighting.

I agree the guy is a dirty cheap shot type of guy, Gritty and he can hit yes but not much of a upgrade for the Oilers.

When he hit Nystrom with his own helmet!

Suspended for leaving his feet on a hit.

Good assessment... The Oil got him for a 3rd round pick, and he was also born in Edmonton... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413512

In 5 seasons with the Stars (257 games), he only has 3 goals and 20 assists, so that sure isn't the reason they picked him up... :lol:

Decent tough as nails defenceman. Not really what the Oilers need, he isn't (or shouldn't) play big minutes in all situations. Throws big hits and can fight too. But not a good skater and doesn't play the puck too well. Good 2nd/3rd pairing d-man if you pair him with a puck-mover (Petry?).

Sorry guys but I have to agree with C_worthy, Fistric is exactly what Edmonton needs. They are a small team that cannot hit, and all you had to do is play a physical game against them to rattle them. Once everybody caught on to that last year Edmonton started losing. They need somebody who can dish out the same that Edmonton gets, and Fistric fits the bill perfectly. And with Sutton out indefinitely to his knee injury, they needed somebody who could fit the bruiser bill.

Good trade. They addressed an area of need (gritty Dman) without taking away a current player or overpaying. 3rd rounders end up being depth guys mostly anyway and Edmonton is trying to win soon.

He won't be flashy, he won't always make the right decisions, but he does make sure the opposition will be getting as much pain as their giving.

Solid trade for both teams. The Stars needed to make room for some young guys coming up and the Oilers needed a gritty stay at home guy for their defense. Kinda sucks actually, I enjoyed making fun of the Oilers defense and they are slowly improving it. They are just a #1 guy away from icing a solid team.

I don't like this trade, but that is because I'm a flames fan and I hate the idea of the Oilers improving.

If he was available for a third round pick I wish the flames would have jumped on that.

A dman who racks up the hits and not the PIMs?

Good trade

Solid trade for both teams. The Stars needed to make room for some young guys coming up and the Oilers needed a gritty stay at home guy for their defense. Kinda sucks actually, I enjoyed making fun of the Oilers defense and they are slowly improving it. They are just a #1 guy away from icing a solid team.

I wouldn't go that far just yet, but at least I can finally say our defense looks like it could belong in the NHL.

There is a difference between solid and good. Solid is middle of the pack, which is what the Oilers defense would be with a #1 defenseman.

Jultz and Nultz are looking like a pretty decent top 2, Not cadillac but decent enough. They need somebody better than potter and then I'd say they are decent enough to compete

Yeah, they looked awesome against SJ :blink:

haha ya they really shone didn't they? To be fair, the only people that actually tried to do their jobs in that first hour were the anthem singer and the octane girls :lol:

Lots of work to do up north, they IMO have the skills, just have to figure out how to make it all come to fruition.

Archived