Jon Gillies

Ok so Gillies is now a flame that doesn't mean much he could still go back to college just not play for the fiars correct ? Ok silly question I know if you sign I'm sure your intentions are to play. Ok now here is my worry we had what I thought was our goalie of the future with Brossoit we basically gave him to Edmonton huge mistake he is going to be the death of use in the near future we gave Edmonton there future fur. Do you think they will give Gillies away as well when he doesn't win right away? 

No. Gillies signed a Pro contract so will play in a pro league, (likely our new AHL team). He will not be going back to any ameteur University hockey school.

Ok next question not as silly I don't think do the PPL of this forum think he will be the goalie of the future in other words our number 1 or will it be Ortio. Ortio is of course has to be playing in the big leagues next yr because of his contract do we trade him or Hiller or Rams ? Or do we keep all three up I know it's not unusual to have three goalies but will Harley do that not sure it is in Hartley's DNA to have that many goalies in the room all the time? 

I think Gillies has the highest upside of all these goalies you mentioned. He has the size and quickness to become our #1.

Just because Ortios contract turns 1 way it does not mean he has to stay up with the Flames. A one way contract only means he gets paid NHL wages no matter where he plays. Two way contract means if he plays up here he gets NHL wages and if sent down he gets paid the AHL wage. I believe he would have to clear waivers unless they send him down before the 12 days before the start of the NHL season waiver rules kicks in.

Flames likely won't carry 3 goalies. Just look at when Ortio played a few up here this season. Look back at when it was Berra, McDonald and Ramo.. They refused to carry 3 for any length of time.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived