Suter

FlamesLogic

Yeah, wings reported to have a $90 million 13 year deal on the table. I'm guessing it's also structured to have a big payload up front.

I agree, this has got to stop. As much as I could careless with other teams getting pinned down with ridiculous contracts, it continues to raise the bar and push the frenzy during this time of year.

I hate having to pay on average in the top 3 in ticket prices to see a game full well knowing that it's just as easy for me to book a flight down south, book a hotel for a night, take time off from work, and get tickets to see the Jets or Flames in the sunbelt. When I was a kid my dad took me and my bro to games, I'm glad I grew up when I did as because if I was a kid right now, I wouldn't be seeing live games.

Not offering a link but I read in the Globe and Mail today that Parise "is expected to be in the 10-12 yr range at $100 million, give or take $10 million".

They also noted that Parise went to Minnesota today to discuss with his family and that he refuses to make a fast decision on this because it's going to affect his entire hockey career. But Parise and Heatley your top 6 LW? Yummy.

Smart kid, obviously educated. The article also noted the swamp's financial troubles, though "Lou assured me that won't be an issue" Parise said.

Either of these players (Parise/Suter) would boost Minny, a lot.

The Globe and Mail is widely available nationwide if I'm a putz, and I won't speak to their reporting accuracy, it's more like an average generalization of the rumour mill!

I'm glad I grew up when I did as because if I was a kid right now, I wouldn't be seeing live games.

Hallelujah.

I take my family to junior games and midget tourneys.

I can be a spendthrift in support there, and still not shell out 1/4 of $600 (good seats for 4) for 3 hours of hopefully entertainment.

I love hockey, but I have a family to support before a league of rich people to support.

It would be amazing for Minny to land them both. They need an upgrade over what they've got. It's a great hockey town and would be nice to see them be competitive. I think it would be good for hockey in USA.

yeah agreed - that wuld be awesome and good for hockey.

these long-term contracts are starting to separate the rich teams from teh rest again - 5 year max deals migt help keep things fair

Hallelujah.

I take my family to junior games and midget tourneys.

I can be a spendthrift in support there, and still not shell out 1/4 of $600 (good seats for 4) for 3 hours of hopefully entertainment.

I love hockey, but I have a family to support before a league of rich people to support.

What they need to do is take the ticket portion out of the revenue calculation for the salary cap otherwise its a self fulfilling prophecy. Ticket prices go up, revenue goes up, cap goes up, got to spend to hit the cap so tickets go up, etc, etc, etc.

Archived