Schenn To Philadelphia For Jvr

I was hoping JVR would be part of a package for a good player. :angry:

Worse, now both Schenns are in O&B. I've already tried to float scenarios to get rid of the pair of the Flyers board.

Is Homer just trying to free up money to spend on goal? Since Bryz ain't goin' anywhere, they need to pay another starters wage too?

Is Homer just trying to free up money to spend on goal? Since Bryz ain't goin' anywhere, they need to pay another starters wage too?

It might be an option as the Flyers enter each season determined to win. So standing pat isn't an option.

It's a much different atmosphere then the 1 around a team that views being 1st to the draft podium as a winning season. (Have you guys created banners to put in the rafters yet? :D You've had 3 years.) In those surroundings Habby is sufficient. That's a good thing as he isn't going anywhere either.

It might be an option as the Flyers enter each season determined to win. So standing pat isn't an option.

It's a much different atmosphere then the 1 around a team that views being 1st to the draft podium as a winning season. (Have you guys created banners to put in the rafters yet? :D You've had 3 years.) In those surroundings Habby is sufficient. That's a good thing as he isn't going anywhere either.

Determined to win, eh? The Oilers have more championship banners than the Flyers, Jets and Flames combined. Nice try.

Both of them for Bouwmeester FF? ;)

My Flyers fan side would love it.

Given the fact the Flames are my 1B that part of me would hate it.

I've always seen both Schenns as over-hyped & really don't care where they go (I'd prefer it not be the Flames or Jets) as long as they're off the Flyers. (If they stay I'll have to curse @ them by their 1st name in chat during Flyer games. :lol: )

I'd like to trade the pair to Anaheim for Ryan & Sbisa. I've seen tweets from Ryan saying he really wants to play for the Flyers (Clarke is a friend of Ryan's dad & has helped the family out) & I was sorry to lose Sbisa but thought it worth it since it was for Pronger. It we could get him back in a scenario like this I might even start to forgive Homer (a bit anyway :lol: ).

My Flyers fan side would love it.

Given the fact the Flames are my 1B that part of me would hate it.

I've always seen both Schenns as over-hyped & really don't care where they go (I'd prefer it not be the Flames or Jets) as long as they're off the Flyers. (If they stay I'll have to curse @ them by their 1st name in chat during Flyer games. :lol: )

I'd like to trade the pair to Anaheim for Ryan & Sbisa. I've seen tweets from Ryan saying he really wants to play for the Flyers (Clarke is a friend of Ryan's dad & has helped the family out) & I was sorry to lose Sbisa but thought it worth it since it was for Pronger. It we could get him back in a scenario like this I might even start to forgive Homer (a bit anyway :lol: ).

Dont see how you would ever get Sbisa. I could have seen Schenn and JVR for Ryan but that wont happen now.

Dont see how you would ever get Sbisa. I could have seen Schenn and JVR for Ryan but that wont happen now.

Just for appearances the Ducks would have to add something to keep Homer from looking the goat.

It'll probably be a pick or prospect but I added Sbisa for largely sentimental reasons. (I do have a softer side.) :)

The fact Bobby has stressed going to Philly might put Murray in a bit of a pickle so it wouldn't hurt to ask for the return I mentioned (in which case we might have to add the pick or prospect). Ryan can't determine his destination but if GMs know they are getting an unhappy player they probably won't offer as much.

wow, what a defensive jackhole post, i was asking a question, not taking any kind of shot, it is sad that there isn't even civil, reasonable conversation with FF52 on this site anymore. here's a hnt, teams that haven't won in decades have nothing to hold over or gloat over other teams who haven't won in decades.

wow, what a defensive jackhole post, i was asking a question, not taking any kind of shot, it is sad that there isn't even civil, reasonable conversation with FF52 on this site anymore. here's a hnt, teams that haven't won in decades have nothing to hold over or gloat over other teams who haven't won in decades.

Sorry. If you read some of the posts from your fellow Oilers fans you'll see why that happened.

I shouldn't have lumped you in with them & should have taken you @ face value rather then an attempted dig. In retrospect I remember you aren't like them. I guess I let them get under my skin for a bit there.

So I offer my sincere apologies UC.

URCrude is usually okay. He doesn't troll and speaks his mind.

He can take some ribbing too as he showed in the Arena thread I started, and still laughed and offered some deeper thoughts behind that project and plan.

That's why I apologized. It was my mistake for acting before thinking it out.

As I said, in retrospect I realized he isn't like the 1s that I let PO me when I usually just laugh @ them. I guess I had a hair trigger & posted without thinking it through.

I guess I owe him a beer.

Just for appearances the Ducks would have to add something to keep Homer from looking the goat.

It'll probably be a pick or prospect but I added Sbisa for largely sentimental reasons. (I do have a softer side.) :)

I think they would have to add a defenseman prospect and gladly would, cept its not going to be the player you want ;)

So I offer my sincere apologies UC.

Thank you, accepted, and forgotten. we have had some really in depth conversations, that have really enjoyed, hope to continue in the future.

in the end, we all really are hockey fans, being fans of different , even rival teams, shouldn't preclude talking hockey.

was mostly asking, because personally, i am not big on L. Schenn, at all and am ill informed on B. Schenn, but I am big on JVR, I thought without injury he would bust out, and so i was expecting it to happen next season.

so to me this trade makes no sense, unless Homer is planning to flip this into an insurance goalie.

your GM down there is anything but timid. he also isn't afraid to make big moves just because they might fail. given he moved Bobrovsky, I wonder if he isn't planning a Schenn brothers + (is Leighton the other goalie in the system?) kind of package for a big name goalie (IE Luongo, or one of the other big names--If Homer thinks he can use him he's not afraid to go against popular opinion.)

IMO without Bryz going goalie crazy Philly would have represented the East. You have a young dynamic, skilled and tough core of forwards, moving JVR for a question mark like Schenn seems odd, unless it is only step one of a bigger move.

PS the Khabbi comment wasn't without merit, I think it was a risk that clearly didn't pan out,although he at times shows signs of the superstar he was when younger, he just doesn't have enough in the tank to shoulder a heavy load. But it sees clear the club is resigned to suffer out his final contract year, I can only hope it is in a very limited capacity (I still think he can be good for 20-ish games a year, if they are off the bench and in one or two game chunks with no more than three in a row.)

One of renney's many, many, many...(I could go on forever, and still not express the full level of my distaste for him,) failings was a panic stricken over reliance on the veterans, Khabb included. I would rather have the kids making mistakes, which they can learn from on the ice than our veterans making mistakes they clearly will never learn from. We didn't have people who wouldn't make mistakes, so why not develop the roster?

Dubby was clearly more solid than Khabbi after the streak at the start of the season. he got to 20 win, and a .500 record. renney would ride khabbi through long losing streaks, but pull Dubs at the first stumble. this is not to say i think Dubby is a battle tested proven starter, but he clearly progressed, while Khabbi regressed. IMO this mistake cost us somewhere from 10-14 points alone (on top of renneys other numerous gaffes.) we weren't a playoff team by any stretch, but I think renney coached us from mediocre to terrible.(maybe I should thank him for yak.)

This year if tambi doesn't at least make a serious attempt to bring in a couple useful mid 20's D-men, and stop the bleeding, I wil be the one leading the charge to call for his head. i was expecting a long painful process given the state of the post Cup run team.But the time to give them the benefit of the doubt has passed. we now have a talent base to work with, and if he still can't entice anyone to come play with guys like hall, Ebs, RNH and now Yak, then there are no excuses.

I didn't expect anything from the team for a couple of seasons, but last year should have been different, I wasn't expecting the moon, but they fell short of even my modest goals (though there was some improvement in important areas,it was largely due only to Hall Ebs and Nuge, despite the veterans, and indifferent-at best- of coaching.) It is time for people over 23 years old to carry their weight, no one in the organization did.

Thank you, accepted, and forgotten. we have had some really in depth conversations, that have really enjoyed, hope to continue in the future.

in the end, we all really are hockey fans, being fans of different , even rival teams, shouldn't preclude talking hockey.

was mostly asking, because personally, i am not big on L. Schenn, at all and am ill informed on B. Schenn, but I am big on JVR, I thought without injury he would bust out, and so i was expecting it to happen next season.

so to me this trade makes no sense, unless Homer is planning to flip this into an insurance goalie.

your GM down there is anything but timid. he also isn't afraid to make big moves just because they might fail. given he moved Bobrovsky, I wonder if he isn't planning a Schenn brothers + (is Leighton the other goalie in the system?) kind of package for a big name goalie (IE Luongo, or one of the other big names--If Homer thinks he can use him he's not afraid to go against popular opinion.)

IMO without Bryz going goalie crazy Philly would have represented the East. You have a young dynamic, skilled and tough core of forwards, moving JVR for a question mark like Schenn seems odd, unless it is only step one of a bigger move.

Great because I respect knowledgeable fans of the game regardless of the jersey they support. I F-ed up & regretted it.

OK, I'm not big on either of the Schenns as I see them as more the result of hype rather then true talent. I had low expectations of both when they were drafted & they've basically = them. I just hope some GMs out there (specifically Bob Murray) are as enamored @ the idea of having the set as many posters. I thought having Brayden was 1 too many & now we have Luke to make it worse.

JVR is a bit of an enigma. There is such untapped talent (I liked him with Wilson & Schroeder in the WJC) & he showed some of that in the 2010-11 playoffs. Yet there is a part of me that doubts he'll ever achieve that potential. I was ok in him being part of a package to add a part that betters the team. (IMO this trade didn't.)

Trading Bob I saw as a good move. The Flyers got a better then expected return & I was happy Bob will have the chance to become a starter that the signing of Bryz eliminated. Columbus probably gives him his best chance to do that.

For now I (& some others) are resigned to the idea Bryz will be our starter & just hope we can sign a good vet (my choice is Biron) to back him up & start when his mind if off contemplating the universe while we pray the rumored 1 time amnesty buyout is in the next CBA.

You are right that Homer is anything but timid in his moves. Your idea of moving the Schenns + for a goalie got me thinking as it's a possibility. The Flyers can afford to stick Bryz in the minors (better then buying him out as then we carry the partial hit forever) so it's a possibility. If that amnesty happens, even better. Or, he could get upset & run to the KHL. :D

I don't remember the Flyers extending an offer sheet since Clarke forced the Canucks to pay Kesler more then they intended but I'm pretty sure that we have all our picks in the 1st 3 rounds for the near future. An offer of 5-6 to Schneider forces Gillis to act (if he hasn't signed by July 1). If he matches he can't trade Cory for a year. That leaves him the choice of a $12 million goalie tandem or to take the crumbs offered for Luongo by either Florida (rumored to be the only team he'll waive for) or the Leafs (& we know Burke has no love for the Canucks).

Cool, you gave me another possibility.

I don't remember the Flyers extending an offer sheet since Clarke forced the Canucks to pay Kesler more then they intended but I'm pretty sure that we have all our picks in the 1st 3 rounds for the near future. An offer of 5-6 to Schneider forces Gillis to act (if he hasn't signed by July 1). If he matches he can't trade Cory for a year. That leaves him the choice of a $12 million goalie tandem or to take the crumbs offered for Luongo by either Florida (rumored to be the only team he'll waive for) or the Leafs (& we know Burke has no love for the Canucks).

Cool, you gave me another possibility.

Jesus! That would be a brilliant move for a team with the assets, and confidence they finish high enough that the picks wouldn't be too high.

Offer sheet on Schneider, high enough that it forces Gillis' hand on his goaltenders.

Either sign an as yet not fully tested Schneider to an expensive contract (and essentially be forced to move Luongo on timetable other than his own,) or let him go for the compensation, and ride out the rest of Luongo's contract.

You could essentially handcuff anything else Gillis wanted to do in the off-season.

Jesus! That would be a brilliant move for a team with the assets, and confidence they finish high enough that the picks wouldn't be too high.

Offer sheet on Schneider, high enough that it forces Gillis' hand on his goaltenders.

Either sign an as yet not fully tested Schneider to an expensive contract (and essentially be forced to move Luongo on timetable other than his own,) or let him go for the compensation, and ride out the rest of Luongo's contract.

You could essentially handcuff anything else Gillis wanted to do in the off-season.

Yep! Like the GMs I have little love for the Canucks.

(The bonus is the Flames & Oilers fans [i remember how we united against the 'Nucks in the playoffs & those last Calgary games vs them] can :lol: .

We get Schneider or get Gillis to give Luongo away (likely for some bad contract the other wants shed of).

It is a bit evil but it would be effective. (The team dumping crap in return for Luongo might even send us a thank you pick. Those are easy to figure out.)

[i remember how we united against the 'Nucks in the playoffs & those last Calgary games vs them]

As fans we all had an investment in the Kings this year too:

• Flames fans: Darryl Sutter
  • Flyers fans: Carter; Richards
  • Oilers fans: Penner; Stoll; Green; Fraser (All guys a lot of Oilers fans --read me-- liked, that were casualties of our rebuild/clusterF)

But nothing united us like a mutual disdain for undeservedly entitled Canucks fans, who couldn't wait until they actually won something before gloating and trashtalking.

Archived