2. 2. Your Conn Smythe Favorite

• Brown
    • Kovlachuk
    • Lundqvist
    • Praise
    • Smith
    • Quick
    • Other

I'm going with LA (aka Flyers West) for obvious reasons. Besides the fact I dislike NYR & NJ as division rivals I have no love for Phoenix.

Besides that, the way the Kings have steam-rolled the # 1 & 2 seeds (look to be well on the way to doing the same to #3) has impressed me.

If a team concentrates on shutting down the line that hurt them the previous game the next 1 steps up to take advantage.

Every player seems to be buying in so they are winning for each other. They look like the best bet to take the big prize.

For the Conn Smythe I pick Brown. He does everything. Scores, hits, leads & just strikes me as the best player on the ice.

I respect the play of Quick, Kovalchuk, Parise, Lundqvist & many players not on the list but Brown is the 1 standing out most to me.

The way LA has steamrolled past opposition, I see the cup, theirs when all is said and done. That, along with the nostalgia caused by ex flyers on the team being coached by Sutter has me hoping to see them come victorious. Rangers will come out from the east, the way I see it but the Stanley should belong to Kings

For the conn smythe depending on what sort of pressure opposition can put on quick, I see one of Quick or Brown winning it. If the shot totals and pressure that Quick has faced in the recent part of the playoffs, continues, then the team will and should share credit for low goals against. If more pressure is mounted on the King netminder and he emerges victorious, then Quick should win the Conn Smythe

I'd add Kopitar's name in there too, a big center doing everything well, at 24.

I cheer for LA mainly because of Kopitar, the 3rd wheel to Crosby and Ovechkin in his rookie year.

You look at where he came from and how quickly he's become a leading player, that's a story.

Left Slovenia at 16 to Sweden for better hockey competition. 2 years in Sweden, he makes the jump to an NHL leader.

It's frightening to think, but I say he's still going to get better, still upside to come.

I want NJ to knock off NY, I think NJ is simply better upfront with Parise, Kovy, Elias etc.

LA has enough talent upfront, they bananaslap D-oriented teams, they bust through it.

They will kill the NYR.

NJ at least has a bit of a shot if they can generate offence, and I think they can.

LA's mopping the floor with St. Louis and Phoenix.

You'd best bring offence and shoot high.

Has to be NJ, imho, and it likely won't work out anyways.

I'd add Kopitar's name in there too, a big center doing everything well, at 24.

I cheer for LA mainly because of Kopitar, the 3rd wheel to Crosby and Ovechkin in his rookie year.

You look at where he came from and how quickly he's become a leading player, that's a story.

Left Slovenia at 16 to Sweden for better hockey competition. 2 years in Sweden, he makes the jump to an NHL leader.

It's frightening to think, but I say he's still going to get better, still upside to come.

I want NJ to knock off NY, I think NJ is simply better upfront with Parise, Kovy, Elias etc.

LA has enough talent upfront, they bananaslap D-oriented teams, they bust through it.

They will kill the NYR.

NJ at least has a bit of a shot if they can generate offence, and I think they can.

LA's mopping the floor with St. Louis and Phoenix.

You'd best bring offence and shoot high.

Has to be NJ, imho, and it likely won't work out anyways.

I doubt the Kings would walk over NYR. The Rags have Lundqvist who is >>>> that any goalie they've faced. The skaters in front of him aren't bad either.

Brodeur used to be what Lundy is now but he'd face awesome pressure the NJ defense can't stem.

Both teams have offensive players but they are concentrated on their top lines.

NJ won 3-2 to tie the series. I'm hoping for a long series so the survivor is worn out by the time they face the west.

I'm liking what LA is doing & hope/expect them to win their 1st SC.

The Kings will win the Cup.

The Devils will beat the Rangers. If Marty keeps his game at a high level but the Kings will win the Cup. They may even sweep the Yotes, they look very dominate, the only thing that can screw the Kings is injury because they really don't have much depth but these quick, short series really help them.

No matter who comes out of the East I see the Kings taking their first Cup and in 6 games at the most.

I doubt the Kings would walk over NYR. The Rags have Lundqvist who is >>>> that any goalie they've faced. The skaters in front of him aren't bad either.

Brodeur used to be what Lundy is now but he'd face awesome pressure the NJ defense can't stem.

Both teams have offensive players but they are concentrated on their top lines.

NJ won 3-2 to tie the series. I'm hoping for a long series so the survivor is worn out by the time they face the west.

I'm liking what LA is doing & hope/expect them to win their 1st SC.

I agree about Lundqvist, but from the 1st 2 games, I think the Devils should be up 2-0. They are outplaying the NYR and, like LA, aren't giving the Rangers much room with forechecking and puck pursuit. Game 2 they dominated virtually the entire game, but, like you say, Lundqvist and blocked shots. I've gotta respect that too. NJ adjusted decently in game 2 to get shots through.

LA vs NYR is the dream US final, and as much as I like Callahan, I just think the Devils offer LA a better series imo/preference.

Kovalchuk sure deserves his redemption after the contract shenanigans, he's going hard, and damn he's good.

How 'bout that gm2 wrister goal? No goalie on this planet is stopping that!!

Guest happycat

Say didn't we fire a bunch of Sutters and now one of them is working for the Kings, and if he wins, this will be the ultimate bleep you to us? But it looks like they can win, this is an indicator of 2012 truly being the end of the world.... as it's impossible (comparing past data of their preformances, especially many cup runs). It was certainly a pleasure working with you people.

Should be a tough game tonight. Which goalie wills the win...tough call.

C'mon Devils!!

The Rangers have always been right up there with the Leafs in my bad books!!

Big Callahan and Lundqvist fan, but it's still the NYR!!

I have no love for NYR nor NJ. But my dislike for the Rangers goes back to before the Devils existed.

I'm hoping for a hard fought (literally) game tonight but would like NY to emerge with the W.

Then an equally hard game 7 with the Devils winning in a long OT.

The winner would have basically 2 days to rest up, heal from various aches & pains & draw up a game plan for LA.

The Kings are already resting & healing. You can be sure Sutter & his staff are playing close attention & will have the largest part of a plan ready for both.

As I said, I don't like either team but each has players I admire. Both goalies have been Flyers killers but that is part of the reason I admire them. There are a few players of each team I'd like to have wearing O&B (less likely due to being in our division) or donning the Flaming C.

Go Kings!

I have no love for NYR nor NJ. But my dislike for the Rangers goes back to before the Devils existed.

I'm hoping for a hard fought (literally) game tonight but would like NY to emerge with the W.

Then an equally hard game 7 with the Devils winning in a long OT.

The winner would have basically 2 days to rest up, heal from various aches & pains & draw up a game plan for LA.

The Kings are already resting & healing. You can be sure Sutter & his staff are playing close attention & will have the largest part of a plan ready for both.

As I said, I don't like either team but each has players I admire. Both goalies have been Flyers killers but that is part of the reason I admire them. There are a few players of each team I'd like to have wearing O&B (less likely due to being in our division) or donning the Flaming C.

Go Kings!

Ain't happening so far. Jersey should have won Game 1 and this would be over.

As it is, they'll do it in a really solid 6.

Don't give the Kings the cup yet everyone, Jersey is a good flipping team, DeBoer will be challenging Sutter for sure.

Jersey took out your team ff, look at it that way.

Ain't happening so far. Jersey should have won Game 1 and this would be over.

As it is, they'll do it in a really solid 6.

Don't give the Kings the cup yet everyone, Jersey is a good flipping team, DeBoer will be challenging Sutter for sure.

Jersey took out your team ff, look at it that way.

Before the series began I guessed Devils in 6. I was willing to sacrifice a point in our prediction thread to make it easier on the Kings.

NTR or NJ is a tough foe. I see a lot of both (division) so don't under-rate either.

Some on the Flyers board see all the ex-Flyers winning as a F-U to Philly (like some see the same in Calgary if Daryl gets a ring). I just want to see my formerly favorite Flyers do a victory lap.

Before the series began I guessed Devils in 6. I was willing to sacrifice a point in our prediction thread to make it easier on the Kings.

NTR or NJ is a tough foe. I see a lot of both (division) so don't under-rate either.

Some on the Flyers board see all the ex-Flyers winning as a F-U to Philly (like some see the same in Calgary if Daryl gets a ring). I just want to see my formerly favorite Flyers do a victory lap.

I can respect that. Game 6 is going to OT presently.

Go Devils.

Great final.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't overlook NJ though. They've closed out their series at first opportunity.

LA - NJ, I don't know about the rest of you, or maybe I do, but I think LA will need 7.

Otherwise, Jersey, in maybe 6.

Kings in 7...

95 hours and 7 minutes to go until game time... B)

I'm down with that, at least the Memorial Cup will take the edge off!!

I wonder if NJ can force LA to have to adjust, as LA hasn't had a long enough series yet to have to do much of that.

I hope I'm not over-rating NJ's chances due to wanting to see an exciting SCF, but I think I might be!!

But NJ showed the necessary throat-crusher required in that Game 6 OT.

Definitely knew that FF, best of luck to your side and ex-Flyers.

I'm impartial, neither are really team's I cheer, But I can get with Kopitar, Brown and Richards or Kovalchuk, Parise and Elias.

I like these players.

Kovy as I was the biggest NJ signing detractor, and enjoy the occasional pie-in-the-face to keep me honest!

What I really like going in, is both teams have the "spring-him" threats to neutralize an over-aggressive forecheck.

With the NYR I don't think Gaborik and ?? near the threat of Kovy-Parise to make that stretch pass work against the LA forecheck. And LA has that too, to potentially neutralize NJ in the same manner.

All I really know is I wish I'd put $5G on LA at 30-1 coming into playoffs!!

But then if I had, I'd be crapping my pants hard for the next 2 weeks!!

Definitely knew that FF, best of luck to your side and ex-Flyers.

Thanks Bud.

I'm impartial, neither are really team's I cheer, But I can get with Kopitar, Brown and Richards or Kovalchuk, Parise and Elias.

I like these players.

Kovy as I was the biggest NJ signing detractor, and enjoy the occasional pie-in-the-face to keep me honest!

What I really like going in, is both teams have the "spring-him" threats to neutralize an over-aggressive forecheck.

With the NYR I don't think Gaborik and ?? near the threat of Kovy-Parise to make that stretch pass work against the LA forecheck. And LA has that too, to potentially neutralize NJ in the same manner.

I wouldn't mind seeing Parise win a Cup next year (but on a different team). Same with Zajac (Wpg. guy). I've never been a Kovalchuk fan so no love there.

All I really know is I wish I'd put $5G on LA at 30-1 coming into playoffs!!

But then if I had, I'd be crapping my pants hard for the next 2 weeks!!

No kidding! Every game would cause a nervous stomach. Nice if it happened though.

I'd be happy for anyone that went for that long bomb.

I started out okay and predicted most of the upsets. It has been downhill ever since the 2nd round. I did think LA would make it here after beating up on the Canucks.

So I have this problem. I don't particularly like LA. Never have liked them, but would sorta like them to win.

Win because of all those people who for years now have said "No team has ever won anything from just making the playoffs." The Kings could very demonstrate the meaning to the old expression "Just make the playoffs and anything can happen. Didn't we run Dutter out of town for saying that too much? Yeah we did as that thinking wasn't good enough for us...

Now I didn't follow NJ much at all this season. Just never got the chance to see them play. They are an exciting team to watch. Fast, real fast. Seem motivated too which brings up the question is this the last season for Martin Brodeur to kick at this cat? Most would think so and that story has certainly been told before a number of times. In fact there always seem to be one or two on each team who are close to retiring and would like to go out on the Stanley Cup win. I could support that too.

With a .923Sv% & GAA of 2.02 he certainly isn't playing like a 40 yr old.

Flips a coin here and the survey says????

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo.............

Bah doesn't matter, just give me a good long and close series please.

Archived