2. 2. Your Conn Smythe Favorite

• Brown
    • Kovlachuk
    • Lundqvist
    • Praise
    • Smith
    • Quick
    • Other

What will Darryl Sutter's record be 'in games where he's had an opportunity to win the cup' after this series is complete?

Presently he's 0-3.

Will he end up with a record of:

a. 1-3

b. 1-4

c. 1-5

d. 0-6

^

Daryl has a different team now. So the past has nothing to do with it. (Unless you mean win the series. Then he's 1-4 this year. But closed it in game 5 in the previous 2.)

I remember the Canucks won game 4 against the Kings too. 1 more game & they departed Vancouver ASAP.

So did Phoenix & they're still waiting for the phone call concerning what city to report to after their golfing summer.

Coming back from being down 3-0 in the SCF has been done once. NJ isn't the team to make it 2.

^

Daryl has a different team now. So the past has nothing to do with it. (Unless you mean win the series. Then he's 1-4 this year. But closed it in game 5 in the previous 2.)

I remember the Canucks won game 4 against the Kings too. 1 more game & they departed Vancouver ASAP.

So did Phoenix & they're still waiting for the phone call concerning what city to report to after their golfing summer.

Coming back from being down 3-0 in the SCF has been done once. NJ isn't the team to make it 2.

Altho in general i would completely agree... It's difficult to see the Devils come all the way back... only because of the statistical history of the 3-0 lead.

But this series has just been so damn close. Could easily be 3-1 the other way.. but it isn't.

Devils are due to get a string of bounces.. some dirty goals - off a skate, an arse, a deflection. They got a couple last night in the form of a couple of posts and voila... a win. Just like they came within a post of splitting at home in the first place.

Kings just haven't dominated this series anywhere consistently except in the win column. Just like the Devils, they have struggled garnering their own offensive zone pressure and quality shots... shots period actually.

Devils don't have to win 3 games on Saturday.. they just have to win one.

Another sign to add to the sliver hope they have... Kovlachuk and Praise had their best game of the series. Finally were effective.

Every game has been a sheer battle with the margin of victory being essentially a single mistake either way.

I expect them to get a few bounces next game... they are due.

Just like you think the Devils aren't the type of team to come back from 3-0... I don't think the Kings are playing like a team that's a lock to win... right now.

^

The irony is that NJ would have to make this series into a microcosm of LA's season.

LA had a poor start to the season, due to top players not being as good as they needed to be, and some missing chemistry in the line up. (And inferior coaching.)

As the season went on, and they picked up D. Sutter they got better performance from their stars, and then they added the missing pieces they needed to make a push.

they were much better than their record, and not a typical 8th seed, they shouldn't have scraped into the playoffs, but they did.

The Devils need to replicate this in a hurry.

now Jersey has started this series flat. They need more out of their stars, they got that last game, but we'll see if they can get even more, they'll need to. Although they can't trade for new pieces, they did add players returning from injury into their line up last game, and it provided spark.

Does DeBoers have it in him to face Sutter in the mental game?

I think it's not impossible for NJ to come back, they have some elite players, and elite goaltending, but they will need to be perfect for the rest of the games. If they can't fix their PP they have no hope. Even playing their best hockey, it might not be enough.

My bet is LA wins on the road.

^ Or the LA fans finally get their Cup in game 6 on home ground.

Hope not.

The Devils forcing a game 7 would be epic! What a story that would be.

Can you even imagine if the Devils actually pull this off and win 2 more? Oh my....

Makes my head spin.

Anyways. First they have win the next one.

Road win streak busted. Allowed a PP goal. Quick looking human. They had game go their way in game 5.

They'll need some more breaks.. and they are still due a few more big ones.

Will be interesting to see how LA brings it next game.

Don't ya just have the feeling that if they don't win game 6, they won't be winning game 7?

Bounces!

Even scored a PP goal on a Quick mishap. That's all sort of karma that was cashed in right there.

Do they have some more in their back pocket for a game 7?

Sutter 0-4.

I'm happiest for Sutter. The bolded was pretty morbid.

Gotta admit, if Daryl Sutter is your coach in the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen.

You just have to get there...

I imagined Darryl lifting the Cup for Chris Clark, Jordan Leopold, Shean Donovan, Steve Montador, Toni Lydman, Rhett Warrener, Denis Gauthier, Marcus Nilson, Craig Conroy, Robyn Regehr, Jarome Iginla, and Miikka Kiprusoff.

Hard working guys who, with Darryl Sutter, came so close, but fell ever so short.

One of those names are going on the Cup now.

And deservedly so.

Congratulations to Darryl and the Kings!

Just wanted to pop in and cogratulate the LA Kings and D. Sutter for an epic Stanley Cup win.

It was nice to see a team put it all together at the right time and totally dominate the way the Kings did. This win from a 8th seed will not only go down in history but will help fuel the regular season that all 82 games are important and that sometimes all you need to do is just make the playoffs to have success. Great for the league and the game we all love.

Mad props to Mr. Quick as he was a brick wall and is very deserving of the Conn Smythe.

LA-Kings-Dustin-Brown-hoi-007.jpg

Again, cogratulations to the LA Kings....Our 2012 Cup Champions.

Also, congrats to the Canuck fans. Their team lost to the SC Champions.

We always do! ;)

So it's all over but the crying in NJ.

Either on the weekend or early part of next week DeBoer is supposed to give his take on the major on Bernier. I hope he's reviewed the tape a few times & chooses his words well.

When next season starts the Kings will be counted among the enemy again but with neither Calgary nor Philly involved it felt good to see my 7 ex-Flyers & Daryl win the big prize.

This also looks like it will be a very interesting off-season even with the sad threat of a possible strike/lockout looming. Big names are in play via trade & UFA.

Archived