• Coyotes in 5
    • Coyotes in 6
    • Coyotes in 7
    • Preds in 7
    • Preds in 6
    • Preds in 5
    • Preds sweep

Who ya got?

I don't think this series will be as stifling as people expect...

This Preds team can score....

I think special teams may be the story here... and i expect we'll more of what we saw in the Yotes-Hawks series... except the Preds have the D and goaltending to back up their offensive waves.

The goaltending you know will be solid on both ends...

Anyone notice the 4 goalies left in the playoffs?? Outstanding... not a weak one in the bunch.

Smith vs Rinne

Elliot vs Quick

Cheering for the Coyotes just to piss off the elitist, self righeous anti-Phoenix crowd.

But i'm loving the Preds in this one.

Whoever wins this one, i'm hoping they go on to the cup final...

Preds in 6

I was listening to the Fan960 today and just caught a phone interview with Colin Campbell about suspensions etc. He proposed an interesting idea that instead of suspending a guy like Torres who doesnt hurt the Yotes line up quite as much as Hossa did when he took him out. That his idea would be the Hawks would have got the option to choose a player on the Yotes that is equal to Hossa for the time of suspension. Whats peoples thoughts on something like that?

Personally I kinda like the idea that it might help those players do questionable hits when the onus is not just on them but could potentially be their star player having to sit for the hit they delivered

ps. didnt want to make a separate thread without having the radio link

Exciting game tonight, though Nashville sure didn't look as tight as they usually do. I wonder how long the Yotes can get away with getting dominated in shots every game until it finally bites them. Sooner or later you have to think Smith won't save their apple or Rinne will shut the door on them. Or, at least I'd like to think that ^_^

Coyotes got lucky. They were outplayed especially in OT. Pretty much 90% puck control for the Preds but they couldn't get it done. I think Smith made enough brainfarts this game to single handedly lose it for the Coyotes but again, Preds just didn't get it done.

If this series is going play out like it did in Game 1 where the Preds basically own 70% of puck possession and offensive pressure, then the Preds are going to take the series.

Preds in 6

I was listening to the Fan960 today and just caught a phone interview with Colin Campbell about suspensions etc. He proposed an interesting idea that instead of suspending a guy like Torres who doesnt hurt the Yotes line up quite as much as Hossa did when he took him out. That his idea would be the Hawks would have got the option to choose a player on the Yotes that is equal to Hossa for the time of suspension. Whats peoples thoughts on something like that?

Personally I kinda like the idea that it might help those players do questionable hits when the onus is not just on them but could potentially be their star player having to sit for the hit they delivered

ps. didnt want to make a separate thread without having the radio link

That is a seriously insane idea and just nuts!

I do not understand why the NHL does not simply suspend a player (without pay) equally for the entire amount of games the injured player misses...in the case of determination that the hit was illegal with intent to injure.

The Torres suspension is way overboard. Torres is being disciplined for WHO he hit and not how. The hit was hard but in my opinion, not that bad. 3 games Max !

The famous Torres hit to Seabrook was fine as well. Seabrook stupidly had his head down at stomach level and the hit ended up bad because of that. Torres is really getting an unfair rap.

I'm tired of the way this game has gone....

-tough hitting players are ostricized

-players turtle in corners and on boards deliberately then cry when they get hit....since when is a hockey player ever taught to face the boards in play ever ?!

-the acting and faking getting high sticks is absurd and should be penalized every time for unsportsmanlike...that will stop it

-the overall diving and drama on minor hits is out of control (hello Sedin sisters and such)

-even respectable players are resorting to grammy award winning acting to draw penalties

Lastly....The NHL should outright ban the bicep to wrist arm body armour players wear. That is the problem plain and simple with injuries from what otherwise would be a non-injury hit.

Thats a well known fact as well.

Archived