World Junior Selection Camp

Little suprised this isnt posted, but here goes. My link

Ferland and Reinhart were both invited to the World Junior camp. I like Ferland's chances because he can be a really solid energy guy for the 4th line, but I think Reinahrt coudl be in tough. Very, very deep down the middle at this camp.

I am a bit surprised Ferland was invited, but he played well in the game against the Russians. Good for him.

They gave Reinhart a real good long look in those games. There is tons of talent down the middle, as you said Cross, the only way he makes it is if they want one of the centres to be a two-way defensive guy. But Hay seems to like him.

We'll see whether either of them make it, but it would be nice.

What's crazy is that Seguin, RNH, and Couturier are all eligible for this team too (age-wise). What a collection of centremen!

Ryan Strome & Mark Scheifele should be a lock for the top 2 C positions. Mark McNeill would look good centring the 4th line. Team Canada could also get guys to play out of position too. I wouldn't be surprised. I'd love to see Reinhart in the 3C position.

Side note:

Jonathan Huberdeau, Ty Rattie, Mark Scheifele, Jaden Schwartz, and Ryan Strome should be lethal upfront for Canada! I'm so excited for this tournament!

Scwartz - Strome - Huberdeau

Howden - Schiefele - Rattie

Toffoli - Phillips - Thomas

Bulmer - Bournival - Jenner

Gormley - Hamilton

Murphy - Morrow

Oleksiak - Pysyk

Dumba - Petrovic

Visentin/Domingue

No real super-studs throughout the entire team that we've had in the past. Perhaps this is where someone like Strome/Huberdeau/Scwartz/Gormley/Hamilton will shine. But the only thing that can stop us is goaltending like in the last couple years.

Scwartz - Strome - Huberdeau

Howden - Schiefele - Rattie

Toffoli - Phillips - Thomas

Bulmer - Bournival - Jenner

Gormley - Hamilton

Murphy - Morrow

Oleksiak - Pysyk

Dumba - Petrovic

Visentin/Domingue

No real super-studs throughout the entire team that we've had in the past. Perhaps this is where someone like Strome/Huberdeau/Scwartz/Gormley/Hamilton will shine. But the only thing that can stop us is goaltending like in the last couple years.

I agree 100% with your forward lineups. I think we will see Murray & Dumba as the bottom pairing. I know they are both young, and team Canada might want maturity, but they are both stud defence man, and have looked good this year... It's quite a deep defence corp contending for spots.

I also think Visentin/Bunz will be in net.. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bunz steal the #1 spot.

We will see! I get so excited for this tournament!

Schwartz - Huberdeau - Toffoli

Howden - Scheifele - Stone

Ross - F.Hamilton - Bulmer

Ferland - Reinhart - Gallagher

Strome

Gormley - Murphy

Beaulieu - Pysyk

Oleksiak - Petorvic

Murray

Visentin

Bunz

I think there is a good mix in this lineup. I wasn't sure between Strome and Phillips for the 13th forward, Strome is more dangerous offensively but Phillips plays a bit more mature, in the end I went with the game breaking ability of Strome.

On defense I went with a fairly well rounded bunch, most of them play a pretty safe, steady style game. I think Jerome Gauthier-Leduc has a good chance of making this team as well. I don't think Dumba makes this team this year, there is a lot of raw ability there I think he is just to reckless and not ready for this tournament.

Goalies were pretty easy to pick though Domingue has a outside chance of stealing a spot.

I'm just going to take a stab at some possible line combos....I'm no WJC GM but I think it could be somewhat looking like this:

J. Huberdeau-J. Schwartz-M. Scheifele

Z. Phillips-R. Strome-T. Rattie

P. Danault-M. Reinhart-M. Stone

B. Ross-B. Jenner-R. Spooner

X: Q. Howden, B. Bulmer

D. Hamilton-B. Gormley

N. Beaulieu-J. Oleksiak

M. Dumba-J. Morrow

M. Pysyk

M. Visentin-T. Bunz

If that were me that's the kind of lineup I would take. It's got two first-line all-star caliber scoring lines, and two shutdown lines that can still compete with the best of them and have real strong skating and agitating abilities (especially that fourth line, all four of those guys can jaw)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

what happened to Patrick Holland i thought he got invited to play for team Canada as well so can anyone give me an update?

Holland was invited to the summer camp, but he was not invited to the main camp. He is having a good start to the season, but there are a few players who are off to better start for example Ferland.

Holland was invited to the summer camp, but he was not invited to the main camp. He is having a good start to the season, but there are a few players who are off to better start for example Ferland.

If you listen to Bob MacKenzie, you would think the team is set, and Max and Ferland have no chance to make it. He is right most times, but I hve hope Max at least makes he team; two-way centres are a great thing to have.

Schwartz - Huberdeau - Toffoli

Howden - Scheifele - Stone

Ross - F.Hamilton - Bulmer

Ferland - Reinhart - Gallagher

Strome

Gormley - Murphy

Beaulieu - Pysyk

Oleksiak - Petorvic

Murray

Visentin

Bunz

I think there is a good mix in this lineup. I wasn't sure between Strome and Phillips for the 13th forward, Strome is more dangerous offensively but Phillips plays a bit more mature, in the end I went with the game breaking ability of Strome.

On defense I went with a fairly well rounded bunch, most of them play a pretty safe, steady style game. I think Jerome Gauthier-Leduc has a good chance of making this team as well. I don't think Dumba makes this team this year, there is a lot of raw ability there I think he is just to reckless and not ready for this tournament.

Goalies were pretty easy to pick though Domingue has a outside chance of stealing a spot.

With Connolly and Smith-Pelly being released to play for Canada I thought I would update my lines.

Schwartz-Huberdeau-Connolly

Howden-Scheifele-Toffoli

Smith-Pelly-F.Hamilton-Bulmer

Ross-Reinhart-Stone

Strome

Gormley - Murphy

Beaulieu - Pysyk

Oleksiak - Petorvic

Murray

Visentin

Bunz

I think Ferland was a bit of a longshot before, but with the additions of Connolly and Smith-Pelly, he doesn't stand much chance at all now.

I still think that Reinhart is such a smart player in all three zones that he should be there, but I am not expecting it.

I agree on Ferland but now i'm not so sure on reinhart. Watching Bob Mackenzie he was listing Huberdeau as a winger and the only center he had penciled in what Scheifelle. If they do in fact play Huberdeau on the wing, which I dont' really understand, then I think Reinhart has an excellent shot at making the team. I also think Gallagher is a lock as Hay will want a player that can do a variety of different roles, and one that he is very familar with.

Am I the only one who really didn't like Visentin at last year's tournament. I thought he was weak at many points and overall had an average tournament.

I didn't like his play as well. The Russians completely ate him alive. I Understand that our defense wasn't mobile enough to protect him, but some of those goals that went in where stoppable. His reflexes are a bit slow, and his positioning is a way off. I had it my way I would Have subban's bro in net for four reasons.

1 As a black man I need to see some representation :D:P :P :P :P

2 He has really good reflexes

3 He's in better shape then Visentin

4 His positioning is way better. His only weakness is screens, but if you have a big solid defense man that can clear the bodies in front of the net, then you're cool. B)

I personal think that Visentin isn't a goaltender that I would put in net If I had one Junior game of my life to win. HE is more of a regular season goaltender.

World Junior contenders disappointed after being cut from team - Vicki Hall - Calgary Herald - Dec 13, 2011

(Excerpt) Gamely fighting back tears, Matthew Dumba trudged into the hotel lobby, swallowed hard and looked into the television cameras.“I really wanted to make this team,” the Red Deer Rebels defenceman said, his eyes bloodshot and his voice catching. “It was really hard for me to pack my stuff up.

“This is emotional, but I’ll get through it. The experience was great.”

Hockey Canada released seven players from world junior selection camp Tuesday morning before the sun came up. Joining Dumba in his misery are fellow defencemen Jerome Gauthier-Leduc (Rimouski Oceanic) and Brenden Kichton (Spokane Chiefs). Gone up front are Mark McNeill (Prince Albert Raiders), Michael Ferland (Brandon Wheat Kings), Max Reinhart (Kootenay Ice) and Zack Phillips (Saint John Sea Dogs).

We were hopeful they would make the team but we knew the probability was quite low. :(

I hope they return to their WHL teams & show Hockey Canada what might have been. :)

Suprise for me is McNeil, I thoguht he would give them a lot of flexability and also looked pretty good last night. Unfortunately i thought Ferland was the worst player on the ice last night, and Reinhart himself looked good at times but with the center depth he was a little low on the depth chart.

Archived