Nesterov - Yarullin

Marchenko - Pedan

Arzamastsev - Sergeev

Ozhiganov - Kudryashov

Gusev - Grigorenko -Kucherov

Khokhlachev - Kuznetsov - Yakupov

Telegin - Namestnikov - Galimov

Potekhin - Apalkov - Kosov

I don't get why they cut some of the best offensive talent's in the country. After watching the first I can see that the strengths in this team our defense and physical game. We need some offensive powers

Well keep in mind that Canada's arguably two best offensive playres didn't place last night due to injury in Huberdeau and Howden. The first wasn't great but after that I thought Canada's offense really showed up and it wasn't much of a game for the fins after that. LIttle bit of trying to do too much, and a few missed shots or it was easily 4 or 5 to 1, so I'm not as worried about the offence. It's not like they played Latvia or something either they played a decent Finland team.

I actually thought defensivly they weren't great. Alot of running aroudn in their own zone and alot of shakyness on the blueline. They'll need guys like Harrington and Murray to get alot more confortable before the real bullets fly.

Well keep in mind that Canada's arguably two best offensive playres didn't place last night due to injury in Huberdeau and Howden. The first wasn't great but after that I thought Canada's offense really showed up and it wasn't much of a game for the fins after that. LIttle bit of trying to do too much, and a few missed shots or it was easily 4 or 5 to 1, so I'm not as worried about the offence. It's not like they played Latvia or something either they played a decent Finland team.

I actually thought defensivly they weren't great. Alot of running aroudn in their own zone and alot of shakyness on the blueline. They'll need guys like Harrington and Murray to get alot more confortable before the real bullets fly.

There is no doubt that we have the best defensive team in the turny right now imo. They shut down the Fin's top line with ease, and there where a lot of times when our defense men where caught in the offensive zone, but they where able to use their speed to catch up, and reposition themselves to take away the scoring chances. defensively we are ready for the Russians, but we lack offense. I can't wait till Huberdeau is back. I really didn't like the goal tending. That goal scored on the power play was stoppable, but he was caught out of position. We are going to need great goal tending if we are going to beast the Russians

There is no doubt that we have the best defensive team in the turny right now imo. They shut down the Fin's top line with ease, and there where a lot of times when our defense men where caught in the offensive zone, but they where able to use their speed to catch up, and reposition themselves to take away the scoring chances. defensively we are ready for the Russians, but we lack offense. I can't wait till Huberdeau is back. I really didn't like the goal tending. That goal scored on the power play was stoppable, but he was caught out of position. We are going to need great goal tending if we are going to beast the Russians

I can't say I agree. I think they shut down the Fins due in large part to I felt the Fins really backed off Canada's physical play. The Fins top line got their chances, but they missed on most of them. I think thier defence can stand to improve and play a little more sounds of a game. I dont' think this team is going to be able to get in a run and gun game and score with the Russians they are going to be a more play physical and try to wear them down defensivly type of team.

Wsa that goal not tipped? I was live and I thought it went off a Dman's stick so Visentin didn't have much of a shot. I thought Visentin really settled down and was extremely good in the 3rd when the Fins had 2 or 3 very good chances.

I can't say I agree. I think they shut down the Fins due in large part to I felt the Fins really backed off Canada's physical play. The Fins top line got their chances, but they missed on most of them. I think thier defence can stand to improve and play a little more sounds of a game. I dont' think this team is going to be able to get in a run and gun game and score with the Russians they are going to be a more play physical and try to wear them down defensivly type of team.

Wsa that goal not tipped? I was live and I thought it went off a Dman's stick so Visentin didn't have much of a shot. I thought Visentin really settled down and was extremely good in the 3rd when the Fins had 2 or 3 very good chances.

I still think that we have the best core of defensive players in the whole turny. I also think the main reason our defense men where "running around" was because our coach runs a tight defense. Last game we played was the first game of the turny, and not to mention it's technically preseason guys. Don't worry guys. I there is no doubt that we have the players on the back end to beat the Russians in the gold medal game.

Archived