Krys Kolanos

Ring A Dings Handle is a direct reference to the departed Ed Whalen. Ed was Calgarys Sports Broadcaster before there was cable when people got all 3(channels) TV signals from rabbit ears. To put Ed in perspective he was Calgarys Brian Hall, an insitution by himself.

He also did the announcing for Stampede Wrestling(look it up). For you young people, that was the Harts Family Wrestling that we as kids watched every Saturday Morning. The Ring-a-ding-dong-dandy is a direct quote of one of Ed's most used phrase from the Wrestling. Ed also did the Early Flames Broadcasts on 2&7 when they held the local rights.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ed Whalen and I will say he was one of those special people. He always took the time to talk to you and treated you and your questions with respect.

My point is that you guys change around Ring a Dings handle here, to make a joke. What you really end up doing is showing your ignorance towards one of our famous local broadcasters. You might consider a bit of tact and do your joking elsewhere.

"In the meantime and in-between time."

-Ed Whalen-

Ring A Dings Handle is a direct reference to the departed Ed Whalen. Ed was Calgarys Sports Broadcaster before there was cable when people got all 3(channels) TV signals from rabbit ears. To put Ed in perspective he was Calgarys Brian Hall, an insitution by himself.

He also did the announcing for Stampede Wrestling(look it up). For you young people, that was the Harts Family Wrestling that we as kids watched every Saturday Morning. The Ring-a-ding-dong-dandy is a direct quote of one of Ed's most used phrase from the Wrestling. Ed also did the Early Flames Broadcasts on 2&7 when they held the local rights.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ed Whalen and I will say he was one of those special people. He always took the time to talk to you and treated you and your questions with respect.

My point is that you guys change around Ring a Dings handle here, to make a joke. What you really end up doing is showing your ignorance towards one of our famous local broadcasters. You might consider a bit of tact and do your joking elsewhere.

-Ed Whalen-

Lol sorry I'm only 17. I had no idea what a ring a ding dong was. I promise you i will not make any more jokes regarding the matter

-Ed Whalen-

awesome post. Mr. Whalen was a god amongst broadcasters. IMO he was better than Maher is and that is nothing against Maher who is a legend in his own right.

and that is why my signature and avatar have a microphone in them too.

Flames sign and recall Krys Kolanos

Thoughts?

My link

He deserves the chance. I'm sure the conversation he had with the Flames when he signed the AHL contract is if he did well enough he would get a two-way and get his last shot in the NHL. If he does well it's a win for the Flames. If he does badly, send him down and he's done at the end of this year. It's a no-lose situation.

He deserves the chance. I'm sure the conversation he had with the Flames when he signed the AHL contract is if he did well enough he would get a two-way and get his last shot in the NHL. If he does well it's a win for the Flames. If he does badly, send him down and he's done at the end of this year. It's a no-lose situation.

I don't know much about him...seems to be deserving of it though. It's a 2 year deal btw ;)

Problem is they will put him on the third line or fourth line and have him be a checker rather then have him show off his talents. Sutters system sucks! LET THEM PLAY!! LOL

It would be a great story though if he could become what everyone thought he would be back in 2000. Drafted 19th overall. Calgary kid! Who knows! Here's hoping!!!

Alright one of my suggestions have come true. Maybe next is the Getzlaf one!! LOL

Nice work almyster15...Yup, you came out of the blue with this one right from the start of the season. Pretty impressive suggestion. I'm pretty open to wild ideas, but even I didn't think it would happen, despite how good Krys was playing. Krys just kept on getting better until he forced the issue. He was playing like you would expect someone from our top line to play if they'd been sent to the AHL for conditioning.

By the way, a while back I created a thread in the "Suggestions" category. I just want to acknowledge that you came up with this WAY before I started that thread. At first, I thought you didn't realize Kolanos's age.

But then, we started seeing the highlights. And more. And the consistency.

Good luck on becoming the Flames GM, almyster15 :)

p.s...I suppose we should give some credit to Krys Kolanos...only some of it, of course ;)

Archived