Starting A Fantasy Keeper League

JTech780

Hey guys, I was thinking of starting a Fantasy Keeper League. It will be hosted through Yahoo!, it's free and I think it should be fun. The max number of teams in the league would be 20, I can go with a minimum of 4 but the more people the more fun it would be.

I am not sure if everyone is familiar with Keeper Leagues, but it is just like a regular fantasy league but you keep your players from one season to another, with thexceptionon of a few that you have to put back into the Free Agent Pool. At the start of every year you would have a Draft to pick up Free Agents and recently drafted to the NHL players.

Please let me know via PM with your email address so I can invite you to the league.

I am debating if we should have an offline draft held here or if we should do an online draft held at ESPN. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: I do know what the rules will be:

Roster:

Centers: 3

Wingers: 9

Defenseman: 5

Goalies: 2

Reserves: 5

Scoring: (Head - to - Head)

Goals: 3

Assists: 2

PIM: 0.3

Power Play Points: 1

Game Winning Goals: 3

Wins: 5

Goals Against: -1

Saves: 0.2

Shutouts: 3

There will be unlimited trades and moves. The trade deadline will be set at March 8th, 2012. There will also be trading of draft picks for future seasons. All trades can be vetoed by the other GM's and there is a 2 day window to veto a trade. There will also be a two day window to put a claim in on players put on waivers.

I have decided to go with an online draft, I am hoping to have it on Sunday September 11th, since the website is not working I clett set a time yet so I will lwt you guys know when I set it up, but I am thinking at around 9pm MST. I believe that you can rank all the players so that if you can't make the draft it will go by your list. The draft is going to be a random order draft where the order changes every round, I thought this might be the most fair for the inaugural draft as no one will have an advantage.

I am not trying to steal Flame22's thunder or anything with this, I was just inspired by his idea and decided to take it to the next level.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were Yahoo, I'd be in... but I don't want a ton of different accounts for fantasy leagues.

I was think ing of going with Yahoo but I'm not sure that they have the ablity to do a Keeper League, and they haven't opened their fantasy hockey yet, where ESPN has.

This sounds like a real fantasy league, lol, so I'm in.

The forwards are just forwards? No center/winger or center/left wing/right wing?

It depends on how deep we want to make this. On the ESPN site it was setup either as Forwards or the LW/C/RW format. I just went with the Forward format to just make it a bit simpler, but if the concensus is to go with the C/W or LW/C/RW format then I have no problem doing it that way.

So Yahoo Fantasy Hockey is open, the only downside is that there is something wrong with their website so I can't offically start the league, I will keep trying and let you know when I get it set up.

I do know what the rules will be:

Roster:

Centers: 3

Wingers: 9

Defenseman: 5

Goalies: 2

Reserves: 5

Scoring:

Goals: 3

Assists: 2

PIM: 0.3

Power Play Points: 1

Game Winning Goals: 3

Wins: 5

Goals Against: -1

Saves: 0.2

Shutouts: 3

There will be unlimited trades and moves. The trade deadline will be set at March 8th, 2012. There will also be trading of draft picks for future seasons. All trades can be vetoed by the other GM's and there is a 2 day window to veto a trade. There will also be a two day window to put a claim in on players put on waivers.

I have decided to go with an online draft, I am hoping to have it on Sunday September 11th, since the website is not working I can't set a time yet so I will lwt you guys know when I set it up, but I am thinking at around 6:30pm MST. I believe that you can rank all the players so that if you can't make the draft it will go by your list.

The league is now open and reeady for expansion teams. Just follow this link and sign up. The league ID:830 and password: Iginla12

I would appreciate it that when you create your team that you use your username from these forums just to make it easier to know who is who.

The draft is set for Sunday September 11th at 6:30pm MST.

Archived