Will We Win On Thursday?

Ameter

This team sorely needs to put together a winning streak. It's been a long time since we've won back to back games, let alone gone on a streak.

Lately it seems to have been that we win one, then we lose one, occasionally losing two or more in a row.

We need to reverse that trend to lose one, win one, occasionally winning two or more in a row.

Toronto's in the interesting position where they're almost exactly like Calgary in their struggles. Should make for an interesting game. It's too bad we don't still have White, so we could see a matchup there

After watching last nights game, good and bad, I was impressed the way we came out and played the OT. Will we win Thursday?

Of course we will, maybe I have my rose colored glasses on but I believe this team can win every night.

There maybe be added incentive with Dion coming back to the Dome for Iggy and the crew to put an exclamation mark on that trade.

Could possibly see an Iggy/Neuf dust up with the Flames deliberately going to 'neufs side of the ice to make him look bad. Or... we could see 60 minutes of great hockey by our boys with stellar tending by Kipper and rout the laffs out of town.

All I can say is there are no easy games in the NHL, the player's on each team deserve to be there and every team is scratching and clawing for position, goals and points. The Leaf's have talent, speed and skill..........every game will be a battle in it's own rite!!

GO FLAMES GO!!

We SHOULD win. But I have been saying this about a lot of games. We have no idea which version of the Flames will show up tonight (the Jekyl or Hyde version) as it has been described this season.

The Leafs are bottom five in the East. On paper you line these teams up and the Flames should easily win. This is one of those games you should put in the bank. In fact they SHOULD win 7 of the next 9 games. The next 9 games are very easy for the most part. It is a very soft part of the schedule. 7 of the next 9 games are against teams in the bottom 5 of their Conference(s).

A 14 point adrenaline injection into the Flames heart at this point is just the power blast paddles to the chest they need to stop the optimist fringe from sounding looney... And i am quite serious in saying that if they do not bag at least 12 points out of a possible 18 here in the next 9 games they should be passing out straight jackets for those saying the Flames will make the playoffs...

Passing the Wild and Jackets is FAR FAR FAR away from making the playoffs. There would still be 4 teams to pass. It is a HUGE hill to climb...

All I can say is the next 5 games including the 1 just past are all against basement teams so if we win they have to do it with conviction or it still shows a bad team. We can't have nail biting games against weak teams because that just means we will be killed against stronger teams. This is were we can make ground as it is the weakest part of our schedual.

It seems to me the problem with the Flames this season is they DO NOT have the KILLER instinct. They have taken several 1 or 2 goal leads in games this year, and not pressed hard enough for the next goal. Until it's too late and they have lost the momentum, and then the game. I am afraid that they will not take advantage of their opportunity to string together 4 or 5 wins over some of the leagues weaker teams. They should be able to win six out of the next eight games. If they don't, then I have face the reality of it, the Flames are a weaker team than I think they are.

We should win this game! Kipper alone is better than all but two, maybe three Leafs players combined. And He is head and shoulders above the other two or three as well.

Now here is an interesting article on the Herald site:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Flames+Insider+Stajan+return+against+Leafs/3982770/story.html

Sounds like either Bourque, or Glencross will sit. I'm leaning towards Bourque, seeing as he could be a million times better than he has been of late.

Archived