Louis23

It looks like MacT and Gagner could not come to an agreement on a contract, and Gagner has filed for arbitration...   I am curious to see what amount the decision will be for...   http://www.nhlpa.com/news/21-players-elect-salary-arbitration

Arbitration means nothing. A low % of those that file actually make it there. Usually it just leads to a quicker signing as the team doesn't want to denigrate the player while the player learns who he's considered comparible to (hurts the ego). The 2 sides then tend to meet somewhere in the middle.

Of the 21 that filed this year 5 are Jets property. 2/3s of the #1 line (Wheeler & Little) & the cornerstone defenseman (Bogo). The other 2 are Postma (a good D prospect) & Tangradi (upside but probably an AHL lifer).

Mostly it just moves the talks off the GMs backburner to the "do now" file.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With kovalchuk retiring the devils might be a good destination

As if Luo is itching to spend 5.5 in real money for a glass winger that carries a $5 million cap hit. He didn't look that enthused during either of the Kovalchuk signings.

As NJ forfiets their 1st rounder in 2014 Hemsky & the Oilers 1st might get you a 2nd rounder & a prospect. :)

Strange..... the first 3 web sites i checked have Perron at 6 feet

I heard Perron being interviewed on the radio today and the issue of size came up...   He says he is 6 ft tall and 200 lbs...   He didn't say if that was when he was wearing skates and the rest of his equipment...  

Honestly I don't think so.  While Pajaarvi was marginally taller than Perron (3 inches), he absolutely does not use that extra size to his advantage.  He doesn't hit, and he cannot outmuscle opponents.  He does have a ton of speed though, but even that he doesn't use to his advantage.  Often you will see him take off with the puck with only one defender back, and rather than using his strength to drive to the net he will take one step over the blue line and lob in a soft wrister, giving up possession (because we all know how woefully bad Edmonton is at faceoffs).  Perron on the other hand plays tough, he hits, he grinds, he agitates, and he uses his muscle.  But, he can also put up the pionts.  He's like a poor mans version of Dustin Brown in my opinion.  He will do very well slotting in on line two in my opinion.

Edit to add:  I should have added that Pajaarvi has tremendous potential though, and even though he hasn't quite figured himself out yet there is no reason to think that he won't.  He could and in fact SHOULD end up being a very good player who has pretty much the whole package, size strength speed and skill.  We could look back at this trade in several years and view it as St Louis winning the trade.  But that wasn't the point for Edmonton.  They needed to start improving NOW, they basically moved an incredible future potential for what they need now, and in my opinion it was the right choice.

I see MPS a little differently than you do. As a Non Oilers fan who has watched a plethera of Oiler games I'll add my 2 cents.

First off, both teams did well in the trade. Perron is definitley a top 6 forward and will fit into the lines easily, but he is not your big checking winger and if he has no line mates who can battle along the boards with him then whats the point? He would rather free wheel a bit anyways and should fit into that mold well.

St Louis got a nice gift though, MPS is big, young, and has a long reach with some good speed. He will do well in St Louis as long as they give him a quality shot with some quality talent. Oilers had him stuck on the 3rd line most of the time he was ever called up, it was if they had given up on him. He went to the net he banged away the garbage goals and he has great vision to do so. The kicker is giving up a 2nd rounder to St Louis as well which could out weight the trade if that pick turns out to be a good addition in the years to come.

As it stands both teams are thumbs up, but I believe MPS will have a career year this year in St Louis and Oiler fans will be wondering why they traded the kid. IMO

Arbitration means nothing. A low % of those that file actually make it there. Usually it just leads to a quicker signing as the team doesn't want to denigrate the player while the player learns who he's considered comparible to (hurts the ego). The 2 sides then tend to meet somewhere in the middle.

Of the 21 that filed this year 5 are Jets property. 2/3s of the #1 line (Wheeler & Little) & the cornerstone defenseman (Bogo). The other 2 are Postma (a good D prospect) & Tangradi (upside but probably an AHL lifer).

Mostly it just moves the talks off the GMs backburner to the "do now" file.

I understand those points, but Gagner and the Oilers also have some complications to deal with...   As bronco put it...

Second time in 3 years. Ganger IMO has not been treated well by the organization. He bleeds copper and blue.

3 years ago, after negotiations a 2 year deal was signed for $2,275,000 a season...   Then last summer there were again contract issues, and a 1 year deal was signed for $3.2 mil because Tambellini failed to get a long term deal done with Gagner last summer when he should have, and that is where it get's interesting...

You are right FF, the odds of a player making it to arbitration are slim, and in this case, should be even more so, largely due to the fact that if it does, Gagner becomes a free agent next summer as arbitration would only be for a one season deal and then Gagner would be a free agent next summer...

Gagner on the market right now is probably worth $4.25 to $4.5 mil when looking at comparable players and contract situations...   Rumors are that Gagner was offered $4.5 mil on a multi-year contract and rejected it...   If it went to arbitration, it would probably end up at about $4.25 mil...   Gagners price would most likely go up again, and it would take them even more precious cap dollars to get the same term they should be trying to now, and really should have already done last summer...   Gagner is probably seeking North of $5 mil for a multi-year deal, no doubt because that would also be buying free agency seasons...   That could be the crusher for the Oil as RNH, Yak and J. Schultz are going to be looking for deals soon and if they give Gagner North of $5 mil, then that could also affect negotiations with those players and further complicate cap issues as well...   But they also can't low ball him if they want to guarantee that he's a part of this team to start the 2014/15 season...   Rumor also has it that that Gagner want's a NTC,

If they are not willing to give Gagner the contract he wants, then it would be in his best interest to go to arbitration, as he would have even more leverage after next season than he does now...   and that is why I think it is quite possible that it could happen...

So if the Oilers don't want to pay Gagner what he wants, then the only choice left to them is to look for a trading partner but even that's easier than it sounds...   First, they'll need Gagner to agree to a deal with that team before any deal gets finalized and Gagner will be holding all the cards in those negotiation as well...   And if I was a GM trading with the Oilers, I wouldn't be giving them anything significant in return because they' will be desperate at that point...   The Oilers are between a rock and a hard place right now, and they are probably going to end up with either a contract or a trade they don't really like...

If I had to guess, the Oilers will blink first and get a deal done...   Say 5 or 6 years with an cap hit of $5 mil or a bit more, and that cap hit will come back to haunt them...   He might sign for a little less if he in fact does give a discount because he wants to stay in Edmonton, but it would still be a cap hit that gets in the way in the not so distant future...

With the Oilers giving $6 million contracts to Hall & Eberle &  Gagner being the 2nd leading point getter on that team his agent would have a dang good case for similar $s. If the Oilers walk away the kid won't be unemployed for long (but won't get 6).

McT will trade his rights for a middle round pick before arbitration rather then set the bar so low that 1 big game skews your point total. IMO he'd get 4-4.5 on the market as he's a 2nd line center @ best.

Since Gagner has already signed 2 contracts that undervalued what he means to that team he should try to make it up this go around. He might like it in Edmonton but if the team management keeps handing out huge contracts to the wunderkinder while taking him for granted it might sour him on that.

Of the 3 thrown into the fire when the Oilers risked developement for warm bodies in the lineup (the other 2 being Nilsson [KHL}& Coglianno [Austria]) he's the only 1 left of the Kid Line.

With the Oilers giving $6 million contracts to Hall & Eberle &  Gagner being the 2nd leading point getter on that team his agent would have a dang good case for similar $s. If the Oilers walk away the kid won't be unemployed for long (but won't get 6).

McT will trade his rights for a middle round pick before arbitration rather then set the bar so low that 1 big game skews your point total. IMO he'd get 4-4.5 on the market as he's a 2nd line center @ best.

Since Gagner has already signed 2 contracts that undervalued what he means to that team he should try to make it up this go around. He might like it in Edmonton but if the team management keeps handing out huge contracts to the wunderkinder while taking him for granted it might sour him on that.

Of the 3 thrown into the fire when the Oilers risked developement for warm bodies in the lineup (the other 2 being Nilsson [KHL}& Coglianno [Austria]) he's the only 1 left of the Kid Line.

Has this not been Edmontons M.O for the last 6-7 years? they have done no different with Hall,Eberle,MPS,RNH,Yak,J.Schultz and already have tossed MPS away. If i was an Oiler fan and seeing the same similarites done over and over I would boycott till a huge overhaul was done.

Has this not been Edmontons M.O for the last 6-7 years? they have done no different with Hall,Eberle,MPS,RNH,Yak,J.Schultz and already have tossed MPS away. If i was an Oiler fan and seeing the same similarites done over and over I would boycott till a huge overhaul was done.

That's the chance you take when doing a scorched earth rebuild. Some players can take the heat while others wilt.

If you read the Oilers board many of their fans are happy as long as they get a new high pick every year. They crucify a GM for trading a kid that was picked high in the 1st round (Paajarvi) for a later 1st round pick (Perron) that fills needs. The higher the pick the shinier the new toy. A roster of top 5 picks is sure to be a SC dynasty if you think that 23 smaller forwards will never let the other team touch the puck. KLowe sold very strong kool-aid.

:lol:

That's the chance you take when doing a scorched earth rebuild. Some players can take the heat while others wilt.

If you read the Oilers board many of their fans are happy as long as they get a new high pick every year. They crucify a GM for trading a kid that was picked high in the 1st round (Paajarvi) for a later 1st round pick (Perron) that fills needs. The higher the pick the shinier the new toy. A roster of top 5 picks is sure to be a SC dynasty if you think that 23 smaller forwards will never let the other team touch the puck. KLowe sold very strong kool-aid.

The problem with that thinking is they will eventually have to pay all those High Picks along with those later round picks who actually perform like Eberle. I see the Oilers a 1-2 year window left with the lowered cap and then "the rot will set in" from a Cap perspective. To make ends meet they will have to trade away one or two of those #1 picks or high end players.

You can only shuffle around the bottom 2 lines so much. To adjust for cap limitations and performance of your top 2 lines someone will have to go.

You can already see signs of them trading prospects and/or picks to fill their needs.

You can already see signs of them trading prospects and/or picks to fill their needs.

MacT is overdue to make a bad move...   Also, Edmonton area media has been critical of some of the recent moves by acknowledging that while it is an improvement, it still falls short of what MacT had said he was going to do by adding players that would bring size and grit, along with making more of an impact for the team moving forward...

The question is if MacT is short sighted enough to go after someone like Phaneuf, and give up assets to get the deal done without giving enough consideration to the cap limitations inherent by trying to keep him after his contract runs out at the end of next season?...

I just can't see someone with an ego like Phaneuf has taking any substantial discount on a new contract no matter what team it was to be a part of, let alone a team in the position of say the Oilers, or any other team not expected to take a run in the near future, and that would also include any other team also in a similar position like the Flames...  

With Dion just having had a better season and being 28 years old, if anything I could see him looking for a raise...   The Leafs know that, and that could be one of the reasons they might consider trading him before the trade deadline if not sooner...    If they put him on the block, they will be wanting to capitalize on his recent improvement in stats, and will also be looking for talent in return...

I understand those points, but Gagner and the Oilers also have some complications to deal with...   As bronco put it...

3 years ago, after negotiations a 2 year deal was signed for $2,275,000 a season...   Then last summer there were again contract issues, and a 1 year deal was signed for $3.2 mil because Tambellini failed to get a long term deal done with Gagner last summer when he should have, and that is where it get's interesting...

You are right FF, the odds of a player making it to arbitration are slim, and in this case, should be even more so, largely due to the fact that if it does, Gagner becomes a free agent next summer as arbitration would only be for a one season deal and then Gagner would be a free agent next summer...

Gagner on the market right now is probably worth $4.25 to $4.5 mil when looking at comparable players and contract situations...   Rumors are that Gagner was offered $4.5 mil on a multi-year contract and rejected it...   If it went to arbitration, it would probably end up at about $4.25 mil...   Gagners price would most likely go up again, and it would take them even more precious cap dollars to get the same term they should be trying to now, and really should have already done last summer...   Gagner is probably seeking North of $5 mil for a multi-year deal, no doubt because that would also be buying free agency seasons...   That could be the crusher for the Oil as RNH, Yak and J. Schultz are going to be looking for deals soon and if they give Gagner North of $5 mil, then that could also affect negotiations with those players and further complicate cap issues as well...   But they also can't low ball him if they want to guarantee that he's a part of this team to start the 2014/15 season...   Rumor also has it that that Gagner want's a NTC,

If they are not willing to give Gagner the contract he wants, then it would be in his best interest to go to arbitration, as he would have even more leverage after next season than he does now...   and that is why I think it is quite possible that it could happen...

So if the Oilers don't want to pay Gagner what he wants, then the only choice left to them is to look for a trading partner but even that's easier than it sounds...   First, they'll need Gagner to agree to a deal with that team before any deal gets finalized and Gagner will be holding all the cards in those negotiation as well...   And if I was a GM trading with the Oilers, I wouldn't be giving them anything significant in return because they' will be desperate at that point...   The Oilers are between a rock and a hard place right now, and they are probably going to end up with either a contract or a trade they don't really like...

If I had to guess, the Oilers will blink first and get a deal done...   Say 5 or 6 years with an cap hit of $5 mil or a bit more, and that cap hit will come back to haunt them...   He might sign for a little less if he in fact does give a discount because he wants to stay in Edmonton, but it would still be a cap hit that gets in the way in the not so distant future...

I believe this whole gagner saga reeks of the player being fed up and trying to force his way to be traded quickly or become Ufa, by filing arbitration only 3 scenarios unfold:

1) he gets traded and signed before arbitration

2) he wins his arbitration.. either he is a ufa in one year or the oilers walk away making him an instant ufa

3) he loses his arbutration and hes a ufa next year

Technically he could also sign a long term before arbitration but thats highly unlikely I believe, either way he's forcing his way off the team

I believe this whole gagner saga reeks of the player being fed up and trying to force his way to be traded quickly or become Ufa, by filing arbitration only 3 scenarios unfold:

1) he gets traded and signed before arbitration

2) he wins his arbitration.. either he is a ufa in one year or the oilers walk away making him an instant ufa

3) he loses his arbutration and hes a ufa next year

Technically he could also sign a long term before arbitration but thats highly unlikely I believe, either way he's forcing his way off the team

4) he goes to arbitration and then signs long term next year when he holds more leverage then he does now (since he would not longer be a rfa)

5) they sign a multi-year deal before arbitration. (far more likely then you think)

arbitration is one of the very few "sticks" that RFA's hold. And he filed right at the end of when he could. If he had filed on day 1, and then refused to take calls from the oil, I would agree with you. But as it stands I think you are reading into it far further then you should be.

Every year, a significant minority of players who file for arbitration actually get in front of the arbitrator. almost all of them resign with their team before that. I cannot think of the last player that filed for arbitration and then got traded in the weeks leading up to the hearing.

More likely then that would be they trade him midway through the season before he becomes and UFA if they cannot work something out long term.

]

11ef6c9b6e2f70962c454bac3a355a87.png

From this article:

I enjoyed all the opinions(comments) from the Oiler fans who "used to love" what Gagner brought to the team.

4) he goes to arbitration and then signs long term next year when he holds more leverage then he does now (since he would not longer be a rfa)

5) they sign a multi-year deal before arbitration. (far more likely then you think)

arbitration is one of the very few "sticks" that RFA's hold. And he filed right at the end of when he could. If he had filed on day 1, and then refused to take calls from the oil, I would agree with you. But as it stands I think you are reading into it far further then you should be.

Every year, a significant minority of players who file for arbitration actually get in front of the arbitrator. almost all of them resign with their team before that. I cannot think of the last player that filed for arbitration and then got traded in the weeks leading up to the hearing.

More likely then that would be they trade him midway through the season before he becomes and UFA if they cannot work something out long term.

I believe deeds just answered your question, Edmonton wants a cheep multi year deal. There not dumb to the fact RNH and Yak among a few others will be due for some major raises. If Gagner wants 5.5 the Oilers HAVE to pass, if they sign watch out as they are going to be in cap troubles sooner than later.

] I believe deeds just answered your question, Edmonton wants a cheep multi year deal. There not dumb to the fact RNH and Yak among a few others will be due for some major raises. If Gagner wants 5.5 the Oilers HAVE to pass, if they sign watch out as they are going to be in cap troubles sooner than later.

Less than Eberle & Hall were given & only Hall had more points.

Oilers backed themselves into a corner by giving their golden children those big 2nd contracts. Gagner can make a good case in arbitration so the Oilers will likely walk away when the arbitrator gives him more then they hoped.

Less than Eberle & Hall were given & only Hall had more points.

Oilers backed themselves into a corner by giving their golden children those big 2nd contracts. Gagner can make a good case in arbitration so the Oilers will likely walk away when the arbitrator gives him more then they hoped.

I know you and I had a heavy discussion with Connor almost a year ago about all the Oilers young guns and that they did not have room for all the #1 picks. That was even with Hall and Eberle giving them a home town discount of sorts.

Nothing much has changed since that discussion except the max cap has come down a fair bit and the Oilers refuse to look at shuffling the top 6 with the exception of the Magnus Paajarvi trade. Gagner is putting the wrench to that thinking, and his actions now might eventually help the Oilers change their minds on the top 6 and force their hand.

The Oilers are almost as weak down the middle as the Flames have been, and even if RNH comes back and plays stellar, the rest down the middle look pretty grim without Gagner there.

What sticks out about this whole debate about Gagner is that he has always been the good guy. Some claim he should have been/be the captain. One of the few who came to play every night(some say) yet when it comes down to his asking price then suddenly he becomes a public enemy because it is way to high or he won't take the home town discount. Considering this is one player who many on the Oiler boards claim already bleeds copper and blue you would think he would be given a bit of slack on what he is asking for.

This could get really ugly from both sides. I could easily see Gagner settling for one year and leaving. When the Oilers of past have given Hemsky 5m/yr and gave Horcoff 5.5m/yr is it any wonder why Gagner might ask for 5.5m/yr?

For me I hope he gets what he is asking and looking at some recent comparables he just might. I also hope he stays long term because that means the Oilers are really limiting their top 6 size and grit.

At the end of the day, it will always be the salary cap which kills the Oilers. Or...depending on how you look at it, their future wives.

Last year, they had no goatending and no defense. Their forwards were too young, and they overplayed them to the point of injury.

This year, they still have no goaltending but they do have an incredible defenseman in Justin Schultz. Their forwards will never reach their full potential because of the amount of injuries early in their career. But they will Always be exciting.

Can the Oilers solve their goaltending and size problems?

Yes.

But when you're putting guys like Alex Plante on waivers because of salary concerns, you know the end is right around the corner, even if the beginning never really got a chance.

Better hope all the players find native Edmontonian wives that refuse to leave. If such people exist.

And fast. Look out next year, boys:

http://www.capgeek.com/oilers

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Oilers are more than fine with the cap for the forseeable future.

How could we possibly have seen this coming?  I mean, it's unprecedented, right?

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/07/20/sam-gagner-mikhail-grabovski-and-the-edmonton-oilers/

I could easily see Gagner settling for one year and leaving.

I can easily see that happening as well...   Rumor has it that Gagner is also looking for a NTC...

If a one year arbitration deal is made, he will be a free agent next summer and his price will go up...   If he gets his NTC and they try and trade him before he is a free agent, he will hold all the cards for getting a deal done and the Oil will most likely get less coming back in return as any teams involved will smell the desperation...

The Oilers are between a rock and a hard place right now, and they are probably going to end up with either a contract or a trade they don't really like...

I can easily see that happening as well...   Rumor has it that Gagner is also looking for a NTC...

If a one year arbitration deal is made, he will be a free agent next summer and his price will go up...   If he gets his NTC and they try and trade him before he is a free agent, he will hold all the cards for getting a deal done and the Oil will most likely get less coming back in return as any teams involved will smell the desperation...

The Oilers are between a rock and a hard place right now, and they are probably going to end up with either a contract or a trade they don't really like...

I hope he gets a NMC so he can Heatley them. :lol:

I know you and I had a heavy discussion with Connor almost a year ago about all the Oilers young guns and that they did not have room for all the #1 picks. That was even with Hall and Eberle giving them a home town discount of sorts.

Nothing much has changed since that discussion except the max cap has come down a fair bit and the Oilers refuse to look at shuffling the top 6 with the exception of the Magnus Paajarvi trade. Gagner is putting the wrench to that thinking, and his actions now might eventually help the Oilers change their minds on the top 6 and force their hand.

The Oilers are almost as weak down the middle as the Flames have been, and even if RNH comes back and plays stellar, the rest down the middle look pretty grim without Gagner there.

What sticks out about this whole debate about Gagner is that he has always been the good guy. Some claim he should have been/be the captain. One of the few who came to play every night(some say) yet when it comes down to his asking price then suddenly he becomes a public enemy because it is way to high or he won't take the home town discount. Considering this is one player who many on the Oiler boards claim already bleeds copper and blue you would think he would be given a bit of slack on what he is asking for.

This could get really ugly from both sides. I could easily see Gagner settling for one year and leaving. When the Oilers of past have given Hemsky 5m/yr and gave Horcoff 5.5m/yr is it any wonder why Gagner might ask for 5.5m/yr?

For me I hope he gets what he is asking and looking at some recent comparables he just might. I also hope he stays long term because that means the Oilers are really limiting their top 6 size and grit.

Bleeds copper and blue? I've heard this same song and dance three times since 2004 from the Oil, first Smith then Smyth then Stoll and now Gagner. Again I say it, UFA's don't want to go to Edmonton not just because of the weather lol

Note to Feaster, the Oilers are an example of what not to do.

Another thing to remember is that there has been a change in the process this season and teams cannot walk away from an award of more than $3.5 mil...   So if the arbitor were to actually award Gagner the $5.5 million he is seeking (or any amount higher than $3.5 mil). the Oilers would have no choice but to pay up...

That said, an arbitration amount for Gagner would more likely be in the $4.25 to $4.5 mil range..  Even though he was on pace for his best season yet this past year and he did have 14 goals and 24 assists in 48 games, at this point in time I can't see him getting awarded more than that on a one year deal...   The higher dollars would come into play for a longer contract as then the Oil would also then be buying free agency seasons...

If arbitration takes place, it won't be Gagner that is bleeding copper and blue, it will be the Oilers bleeding when they try and sign him again after the season is over...

Another thing to remember is that there has been a change in the process this season and teams cannot walk away from an award of more than $3.5 mil...   So if the arbitor were to actually award Gagner the $5.5 million he is seeking (or any amount higher than $3.5 mil). the Oilers would have no choice but to pay up...

That said, an arbitration amount for Gagner would more likely be in the $4.25 to $4.5 mil range..  Even though he was on pace for his best season yet this past year and he did have 14 goals and 24 assists in 48 games, at this point in time I can't see him getting awarded more than that on a one year deal...   The higher dollars would come into play for a longer contract as then the Oil would also then be buying free agency seasons...

If arbitration takes place, it won't be Gagner that is bleeding copper and blue, it will be the Oilers bleeding when they try and sign him again after the season is over...

I just checked the Oilers board. 1 thread on what they think will happen I read in full & they seem unaware of this change. Gagner made 3.2 last year (12th of current Oilers) so the arbitrater won't give him less.

I read a few pages of another & a few of them think they can flip Gagner's rights & a pick/prospect for Bogo's rights. :lol: Bogo is considered a cornerstone in the Jets formula to turn the former Thrashers into a contender. (I'd do it if the return was Nurse, their 2014 1st & Gagner's rights. :) )

BTW, since the Oilers don't have the option to walk can they trade him (thinking of the OS match meaning no trade for a year & wondering). Also, I believe the arbitrater can't add a NTC/NMC so an untraded Gagner could be awkward in that organization after an arby meeting.

I just checked the Oilers board. 1 thread on what they think will happen I read in full & they seem unaware of this change. Gagner made 3.2 last year (12th of current Oilers) so the arbitrater won't give him less.

I read a few pages of another & a few of them think they can flip Gagner's rights & a pick/prospect for Bogo's rights. :lol: Bogo is considered a cornerstone in the Jets formula to turn the former Thrashers into a contender. (I'd do it if the return was Nurse, their 2014 1st & Gagner's rights. :) )

BTW, since the Oilers don't have the option to walk can they trade him (thinking of the OS match meaning no trade for a year & wondering). Also, I believe the arbitrater can't add a NTC/NMC so an untraded Gagner could be awkward in that organization after an arby meeting.

Arbitration is not the answer for the Oilers, but neither is a contract in the range that will be required to retain Gagner past this season as it would take up too much cap space that will be necessary to re-sign a couple of the young guns after next season, and also then further complicate filling other holes on the team with players that have yet to be acquired...

So, if the Oil let it go to arbitration and then try and trade Gagner, the cap hit will limit which teams are interested, and they will also then not have an easy time getting a proper return as any interested teams left in contention will smell blood in the water...  

In regards to the bolded, anything less than close to what Gagner is asking including price and term, and Gagner will not be a happy camper, including If it's a one year deal through arbitration, or even a possible one year deal before the arbitration that would no doubt be for a higher dollar than the potential arbitration award and also include a NTC just to get it done, the effects of which also would in turn, make it more even difficult to trade him, without taking even less in return on a trade...

It's the perfect storm, and it's about to happen...   :)

Archived