Louis23

Looks like Nail Yak has been suspended by the KHL and the team Nizhnekamsk Neftekhimik fined 5200$ for playing 2 illegal games because he failed to secure a transfer card.

My link

The case is unique because the Russian was drafted as a North American-based player. He signed an entry-level deal with the Oilers over the summer and those contracts include a clause that states CHL-eligible players may only appear in that league or the NHL.

The Oilers sure love there drama!

If the Oilers didn't send him back to the OHL would that burn a year off his ECL if he would have signed in the KHL? and would it have avoided this incident? I'm not sure how that works..

Please someone knowledgeable respond AKA. [Mod Edit: Please watch the personal insults.]

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you born an (.)? Or did you work real hard @ that? :)

The Seattle Times, TSN & THN are all talking about how the City of Edmonton have agreed on $475 million for plans for a new arena. Now Daryl wants more & is insinuating your beloved Oilers might be moved. Your local Journal carries a piece on the pressure tactic as well.

*Seattle Subsonics (reflecting bottom finishers)?*

Come on FF52 it's not like you've been exactly kind to the Oilers or their fans over the years. Sometimes people should prepare to receive what they dish out.

These sports media may all be talking about the deal, but you haven't done any due diligence as to the details of the deal. Furthermore, Darryl didn't insinuate anything. He lives in Vancouver so it stands to reason that he would go to an NFL game in Seattle. When one of the group that was there was asked about the trip (Gretzky) he outright said that there is virtually zero chance that the Oilers would be moved.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/gretzky-probably-zero-chance-oilers-are-relocated/article4567733/

I agree that it was a pressure tactic and nothing more, but that has nothing to do with your claim that he is attempting to get the city and province to foot the entire bill. That just simply is not the case. A simple google search on the details of the proposed deal will show you that.

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/projects_redevelopment/agreement-framework.aspx

And as far as public funding for arenas, the "norm" over the past 25 years has been a public/private partnership deal where the public pays 2/3's the cost of building or renovating of arenas while the private owner pays the other third.

http://www.uwlax.edu/faculty/anderson/micro-principles/stadiums.pdf

Please inform us, if you will, the new deal Katz is asking for. I have not seen anything public that describes the deal he wants.

Isn't it ironic that the team ownership decided to go to Seattle just after their new arena deal was announced. Isn't it ironic that the pres mentions Pittsburg as a comparable deal. Isn't it ironic that Pittsburg went to Vegas and listened to offers from Kansas City just at the 11th hour.

Whether that was just postering or looking for a buyer, it just looks bad. I doubt the NHL would allow them to relocate to the US, considering they actually make money.

I agree, it was a tactic from Katz to pressure the city. Stupid move that did nothing but contribute to building further animosity.

to get current details on the deal, all FlyerFan had to do was go right to the horses mouth for them. He didn't even bother to do that, rather he just repeated the incorrect rumors he heard and attempted to put them out as fact. They city has a website with full details of the deal that is currently being brokered.

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/projects_redevelopment/agreement-framework.aspx

I agree, it was a tactic from Katz to pressure the city. Stupid move that did nothing but contribute to building further animosity.

to get current details on the deal, all FlyerFan had to do was go right to the horses mouth for them. He didn't even bother to do that, rather he just repeated the incorrect rumors he heard and attempted to put them out as fact. They city has a website with full details of the deal that is currently being brokered.

So you spoke to Katz?

Its not an Oiler problem,its a city counsel problem.They are truly a bunch of weirdos.Quick example,picture this..Edmontons iconic Klondike Days,its been going on since the beginning of time.So a few years ago,out of the blue they change the name to Capital EX.No theme,no nothing.Lost millions in tourism.Now picture that happening in Calgary.Stampedes out.."The Calgary Capital Ex,the greatest oudoor show on earth."Doesnt quie have the same ring to it does it.And these are the idiots Katz has to deal with.Anyway,the Heat against the Barons is all weve got to talk about for a while.

Its not an Oiler problem,its a city counsel problem.They are truly a bunch of weirdos.Quick example,picture this..Edmontons iconic Klondike Days,its been going on since the beginning of time.So a few years ago,out of the blue they change the name to Capital EX.No theme,no nothing.Lost millions in tourism.Now picture that happening in Calgary.Stampedes out.."The Calgary Capital Ex,the greatest oudoor show on earth."Doesnt quie have the same ring to it does it.And these are the idiots Katz has to deal with.Anyway,the Heat against the Barons is all weve got to talk about for a while.

Yah your right, Edmontonians are stupid.

Is that why Katz wrote an apology to Edmontonians in the paper?

I'd be the first one to admit that I was completely blown away when Katz was using Seattle as a threat. With that being said, I really respect a guy who has the balls to apologize when they do something wrong. It's even harder for a powerful person to apologize because they are used to never being wrong because everyone else is kissing their a$s.

Is that why Katz wrote an apology to Edmontonians in the paper?

Hes a classy dude.Sorry for going to a football game in Seattle.Hey,get used to him.Local Edmonton boy turns into self made billioniare..Vows to kick Calgarys a$$ in everything.Spin it all you want but thats the reality.Youve got other things to think about.Kipper and Iggy getting older by the day during the lockout.Old age pension just around the corner.

Hes a classy dude.Sorry for going to a football game in Seattle.Hey,get used to him.Local Edmonton boy turns into self made billioniare..Vows to kick Calgarys a$$ in everything.Spin it all you want but thats the reality.Youve got other things to think about.Kipper and Iggy getting older by the day during the lockout.Old age pension just around the corner.

It depends how you define self made. His dad owned a chain of drug stores. Darryl was able to expand it into an corporate empire. His family must have been at least well off before though.

It depends how you define self made. His dad owned a chain of drug stores. Darryl was able to expand it into an corporate empire. His family must have been at least well off before though.

Ya ok."Heres a drug store son.Thanks dad,Im going to turn it into a brand name and open stores all across the country.""Become a billioarie and beat Calgary like a rented mule in all sports."Especially hockey."Sound about right.?

That's 1 heck of an apology.

No explanation why he wants more money but he does tell the fans "I took for granted your support and your love for the Oilers".

That should get the Oiler fans that are old enough to vote back on his side instead of them supporting their city council. TSN article says that the final cost including interest will likely top $700 million but it's only pretend money until those future taxpayers see the cost on their share of the taxes.

Enjoy. :)

Yah cause edmonton does such a great job at that. Both your pro sports teams are absolutely horrible.

Hey now... The Eskimos did set a franchise record already this season...

When the Stamps beat them (again) the other night, that was a historical marker for the Esks... With their 5th loss in a row it meant this was the first time in their 63 year history they have lost every game in September leading up to the playoffs...

Maybe the Eskimos just want to keep the Oilers company in the basement... :lol:

Pretty much any fan who follows the NHL who isn't an Oilers or Flames fan would rather have the Oilers roster than the Flames roster.

If the Oilers are in bad shape, the Flames are in much much worse shape.

You just keep telling yourself that. :)

BTW, are you now realizing that kool-aid wasn't free?

Daryl got you hooked as much as any street level dealer.

Pretty much any fan who follows the NHL who isn't an Oilers or Flames fan would rather have the Oilers roster than the Flames roster.

Yeah you're right. Most hockey fans would be dazzled by the first overall picks just like you are and they would probably choose the Oilers squad. Then they would take a look at how poor the defensive core and goaltending is and promptly switch their decision to the Flames.

No matter how many goals Eberle can score, Dubnyk will find a way to let in more :)

The statement I quoted was about edmonton beating calgary. Both your professional sports teams fail to do that. You guys have some extreme potential in the goal scoring department but your defensive play is brutal and the only real starting goalie you have can only manage a 1/4 season. Irregardless whats the flames vs oilers record over the last three years? It's 15-3 which is pathetic. The eskimos do a little better but still fall short most games against the stamps in recent memory. And the eskimos are not looking to improve in a big way any time soon.

All your "projections" about the oilers and flames are just that, projections. I understand theres a lot of analysts who agree, but until the oilers start winning and the flames start losing (below .500 or well out of a playoff spot) you can't say anything.

And as your management likes to give out 5 million dollars to players who only play half a year (hemsky), I'm not so sure you guys will be that superpower you hope. But in all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing you guys battle us for a playoff spot just to heat up this unbalanced rivalry. I'll take oiler fans over vancouver fans.

The statement I quoted was about edmonton beating calgary. Both your professional sports teams fail to do that. You guys have some extreme potential in the goal scoring department but your defensive play is brutal and the only real starting goalie you have can only manage a 1/4 season. Irregardless whats the flames vs oilers record over the last three years? It's 15-3 which is pathetic. The eskimos do a little better but still fall short most games against the stamps in recent memory. And the eskimos are not looking to improve in a big way any time soon.

All your "projections" about the oilers and flames are just that, projections. I understand theres a lot of analysts who agree, but until the oilers start winning and the flames start losing (below .500 or well out of a playoff spot) you can't say anything.

And as your management likes to give out 5 million dollars to players who only play half a year (hemsky), I'm not so sure you guys will be that superpower you hope. But in all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing you guys battle us for a playoff spot just to heat up this unbalanced rivalry. I'll take oiler fans over vancouver fans.

Well if we're going to be straight, lets do it all of the way.

For me, I'm a fair weather CFL fan. If they're winning, great and if they're losing, I don't care. Sure I wish they could have won more games against the Flames this season. Honestly though, what's the deal with the Ricky Ray trade? There are people who think the Eskimos were told to trade Ray to the Argos last off season. IMO Ray was one of the best QBs in the league and I don't even know who they got for him.

As for the Oilers vs Flames yes, in the last regular season the Flames were in a better spot than the Oilers but it's not like the Flames were contending for the cup, much less even making the playoffs. The Oilers or even their fans don't aspire to just be missing the playoffs. Why just miss the playoffs, either make it or suck it. Doing neither while trying your best to maintain that level is hard on a franchise. There is no conceivable way I see the Flames becoming contenders without blowing it up or spending a long, long time rebuild its prospect base. One way is the long way and the other is the looonnnng way.

Vancouver is a contender and that is where both teams want to be. Oilers could be headed in that direction depending on how they manage their defence. They are putting a few eggs in the Dubnyk basket, we'll see if he can keep those eggs safe. As for the Flames, they have a legit prospect in Bartschi who could be a star but not a franchise player. As far as I know, the rest of the Flames prospects are more or less support players at best. The Flames' current franchise player is on the downswing of his career. He might have another season left in him of 40 goals. Kiprusoff is the Flames' saving grace but I'm not sure how many favors he's doing for them. Without Kiprusoff the Flames could have been 10 to 20 points worse, that's lottery territory.

I have a feeling at least one of Wideman or Hudler is going end up being a negative value player, it's just a hunch.

It's too bad that both teams are on different levels of their core development. If they were the same age, preferably younger, it would give the BOA some zest. On that note, lets rebuild the Flames

Iginla FOR Perreault, Galiev, 1st

Kiprusoff FOR Crawford, McNeill, 1st

Bouwmeester FOR Rattie

Giordano FOR Smith, Blum

Glencross FOR Pitlick, Hamilton, Plante

For me, I'm a fair weather CFL fan. If they're winning, great and if they're losing, I don't care. Sure I wish they could have won more games against the Flames this season. Honestly though, what's the deal with the Ricky Ray trade? There are people who think the Eskimos were told to trade Ray to the Argos last off season. IMO Ray was one of the best QBs in the league and I don't even know who they got for him.

As for the Oilers vs Flames yes, in the last regular season the Flames were in a better spot than the Oilers but it's not like the Flames were contending for the cup, much less even making the playoffs. The Oilers or even their fans don't aspire to just be missing the playoffs. Why just miss the playoffs, either make it or suck it. Doing neither while trying your best to maintain that level is hard on a franchise. There is no conceivable way I see the Flames becoming contenders without blowing it up or spending a long, long time rebuild its prospect base. One way is the long way and the other is the looonnnng way.

Vancouver is a contender and that is where both teams want to be. Oilers could be headed in that direction depending on how they manage their defence. They are putting a few eggs in the Dubnyk basket, we'll see if he can keep those eggs safe. As for the Flames, they have a legit prospect in Bartschi who could be a star but not a franchise player. As far as I know, the rest of the Flames prospects are more or less support players at best. The Flames' current franchise player is on the downswing of his career. He might have another season left in him of 40 goals. Kiprusoff is the Flames' saving grace but I'm not sure how many favors he's doing for them. Without Kiprusoff the Flames could have been 10 to 20 points worse, that's lottery territory.

I have a feeling at least one of Wideman or Hudler is going end up being a negative value player, it's just a hunch.

It's too bad that both teams are on different levels of their core development. If they were the same age, preferably younger, it would give the BOA some zest. On that note, lets rebuild the Flames

Bouwmeester FOR Rattie

Giordano FOR Smith, Blum

:lol:

Your trades are nothing but Blue and Copper coloured fantasy. You don't build a team by trading away all your players for prospects. The Oilers aren't a team, they are a joke. And the only reason that they have any talented kids is because the draft rewards failure.

The Flames are acquiring and developing prospects at a fine pace now - they have fixed their drafting woes and eliminated the trade-picks-for-now strategy. They do not need to rebuild and it won't happen.

As to JBo for Rattie - Rattie might never play in the NHL (I doubt he will). What a joke of a trade and it just goes to show how little you know about building a team.

:lol:

Your trades are nothing but Blue and Copper coloured fantasy. You don't build a team by trading away all your players for prospects. The Oilers aren't a team, they are a joke. And the only reason that they have any talented kids is because the draft rewards failure.

The Flames are acquiring and developing prospects at a fine pace now - they have fixed their drafting woes and eliminated the trade-picks-for-now strategy. They do not need to rebuild and it won't happen.

As to JBo for Rattie - Rattie might never play in the NHL (I doubt he will). What a joke of a trade and it just goes to show how little you know about building a team.

There are different ways of building teams.

1 is the tried & true combination of drafting, signing & trading for a good team.

Another is to pin your hopes only on the draft & the hope UFAs will want to join all those high picks. It rarely works. In defence on the Oilers KLowe did try the 1st option but the combination of players asking for trades out of Edmonton & others refusing trades to the Oilers (even begging couldn't get Heatley to agree) forced his hand.

So far players haven't demanded out of Calgary & the Flames haven't had a problem with trading for soon to be UFAs & then re-signing them (JBo & Wideman are just 2 examples). Feaster has moved vets for new blood to supplement our draftees while slowly turning over the roster. The Flames are always in contention for the playoffs rather then being numerically eliminated by the trade deadline so we continue to hope for success rather then viewing the lottery as the ultimate goal.

I find the Calgary ideal more interesting to watch as hope remains for the season rather then years down the road. :)

Bouwmeester FOR Rattie

Giordano FOR Smith, Blum

They traded ray for steven jyles. Jyles is young but completely unproven. You also cant pick up a qb in the offseason and expect him to learn the offence in training camp and 2 preseason games, kind of the same way peyton hasn't made the broncos a contender. Difference is Manning is a sure-fire hall of famer who has proven himself so even with his rather poor performance over the first few games he will likely be able to shake it off by the time he figures out the offence, where as jyles is a joke who sucked in Toronto so after losing enough he loses all his confidence. Typical terrible edmonton pr, after one of the eskis many horrible losses the gm was asked if he would do the ray trade all over if he could and replied "probably not".

The thing you forget is that in the stanley cup playoffs anything can happen. The flames were a group of grinders back in 04 and somehow came within a goal of the cup. The caps made the conference final with a rookie goalie and a sub par ovi. The canucks had a solid team top to bottom and two solid goaltenders and couldn't even make the 2nd round. The stanley cup winner was only 5 damn points ahead of us. While i agree that we should focus on getting a stronger team rather then dreaming of a legendary run, Anything can happen in the final month of the season if your anywhere near that wild card race and anything can happen in the playoffs.

Vancouver is a contender and that is where both teams want to be. Oilers could be headed in that direction depending on how they manage their defence.

I hope you don't agree with sucking to gain better draft picks. Many of us believe that is was KLowe did to get RNH and Nail, but I am surpised you would suggest that.

If I ever suspected the Flames were trying that, I would leave them like yesterday's lunch.

I would compare Vancouver and Calgary in their development curve, more so than with Van and Oils. Van has an aging core and decent goaltending. Same for Calgary. Oils have a young core with questionable goaltending.

The only thing that makes the BOA boring is seeing men playing boys. Who really wants to see Sarich crush Hall or RNH or Nail? :unsure:

lets rebuild the Flames

Bouwmeester FOR Rattie

Giordano FOR Smith, Blum

Hey... Let's all think about that for a minute now...

Maybe it should seriously be considered...

roflmao.gif

Archived