Louis23

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Find it interesting that TSN reports the Oilers win as front page stuff, even though it was a win against the worst team in the NHL.

Not exactly an important story, but I guess that McJesus doing anything is click bait.

Huge win, big turnaround coming.

Best player in the world.

Comeback of the year.

Only 10 more regulation losses before they are eliminated from the playoffs.  Could be as early as the 2nd week of February.

Ha! I said something similar in the random thought thread. We go on a winning streak, meh. McDavid does _____ and it is national news. :rolleyes:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Find it interesting that TSN reports the Oilers win as front page stuff, even though it was a win against the worst team in the NHL.

Not exactly an important story, but I guess that McJesus doing anything is click bait.

Huge win, big turnaround coming.

Best player in the world.

Comeback of the year.

Only 10 more regulation losses before they are eliminated from the playoffs.  Could be as early as the 2nd week of February.

That is because the wins are so rare.. big news when the Oilers actually win one....

31 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

That is because the wins are so rare.. big news when the Oilers actually win one....

Good one.  TSN is probably sending reporters to cover McDavid 21st birthday.  They will have nip cams to record the action in The Vegas.  Insiders will be stationed in the washrooms to see if he hurls.  

39 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Good one.  TSN is probably sending reporters to cover McDavid 21st birthday.  They will have nip cams to record the action in The Vegas.  Insiders will be stationed in the washrooms to see if he hurls.  

I'd :lol: if Golden Boy went nuts in Vegas celebrating his b/day & blew his "good boy" image.

Imagine him picking up a magazine in the lobby & calling a few of those "friendly" young ladies to help him enjoy the 1st day he can leagally party in the USA in his room.

It would make the Oilers New Years party in Calgary about 10ish years ago tame.

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I'd :lol: if Golden Boy went nuts in Vegas celebrating his b/day & blew his "good boy" image.

Imagine him picking up a magazine in the lobby & calling a few of those "friendly" young ladies to help him enjoy the 1st day he can leagally party in the USA in his room.

It would make the Oilers New Years party in Calgary about 10ish years ago tame.

Latest TSN headline:  McDavid looking to celebrate 21st birthday with win in Vegas

I think they would like to celebrate any win over an actual playoff team, not just one ob his birthday.

Maybe Draisaitl and Nurse get into it again, this time over a special hooker.  Or McDavid picks the wrong girl, who just happens to be a ladyboy.  :lol:    

SO great to see the play of Nurse the last couple of games. Realistically they are probably too far back to make the playoffs but it hurts their #1 pick status too. Plus he is RFA so he will be looking for a solid deal coming off his entry and will hurt their cap space even more. Just a bonus for us as we watch them explode. Lol

a635dc9d1897c39e49378391c6961de9.png

Why is Con Yer McLottery ahead of Gaudreau in the Art Ross race? :angry:

Tie-breakers as follows:

1 - The player with the most goals. [Tie]
2 - If both have the same number of goals, then the player with the fewest games played. [Gaudreau 44 vs McDavid 46]
3 - If both have the same number of goals and games played, the the player that scored first during the regular season. [McDavid - 3G in Game #1 vs CGY]

Although i wish nothing but failure for the Oil, the possibility of a CGY-1st Pacific vs EDM-WC1/2 1st round match-up where we sweep them 4-0 would give me immense satisfaction. B)

4 hours ago, Pyromancer said:

a635dc9d1897c39e49378391c6961de9.png

Why is Con Yer McLottery ahead of Gaudreau in the Art Ross race? :angry:

Tie-breakers as follows:

1 - The player with the most goals. [Tie]
2 - If both have the same number of goals, then the player with the fewest games played. [Gaudreau 44 vs McDavid 46]
3 - If both have the same number of goals and games played, the the player that scored first during the regular season. [McDavid - 3G in Game #1 vs CGY]

Although i wish nothing but failure for the Oil, the possibility of a CGY-1st Pacific vs EDM-WC1/2 1st round match-up where we sweep them 4-0 would give me immense satisfaction. B)

I thought the same thing.  Both TSN and NHL.COM had the same order.

After today, the real order is even more obvious.  

Let the Oilers play themselves out of a good lotto pick.  I would really laugh if the VGK won the lotto with the Oilers out of the playoffs.  IIRC, they are guaranteed at least 3rd in the coming draft. 

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I thought the same thing.  Both TSN and NHL.COM had the same order.

After today, the real order is even more obvious.  

Let the Oilers play themselves out of a good lotto pick.  I would really laugh if the VGK won the lotto with the Oilers out of the playoffs.  IIRC, they are guaranteed at least 3rd in the coming draft. 

Johnny is gonna want another $5 million tacked onto his salary if it keeps going like this.

5 hours ago, CheersMan said:

NHL Power Rankings.

With the Coilers dominating performance :ph34r: over the LVK Saturday evening, they shoot up 4 spots to #10. 

..........and the Flames are no longer #30. :lol:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1450925-nhl-power-rankings-golden-knights-still-riding-high-flames-scorching-hot

Cullen at TSN does a similar weekly, where he uses his statistical analysis to come to his conclusions.  Usually they only match win %, not trending or anything like that.  

The Score article is a joke.  Leafs winnless in the year and are #4.  Kings on a huge losing streak and remain at 7.  The Stars somehow worse than the Oilers?

One regulation win in 2018.  Chia must be writing for the Score  

A couple of notes about the EDM DOuche Bags, er I mean Oilstains.

Katz collecting another of the Old Boys.

Coffey will be hired in some capacity.

EDM gets two teams n the 2nd half of a B2B.

Flames play BUFF Monday, Oilers play BUFF Tuesday.

Flames play LA Wednesday. Flames play Oilers Thursday.

I am not sure what Coffey brings to the table. I remember that he was a solid skater who produced offensively. It doesn't seem as though he has done much since his NHL career, apart from coaching kids. So, is this a real addition to help the team, or just a maneuver to make it look like they are doing something? They have a lot of players from the 80s Oilers team now coaching them. I don't think it has worked out very well.

8 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Well, we may have only got a point out of Buffalo, but Edmonton is getting destroyed by them.

Bwahahaha.

I don't really care if they won this game or not, but I get a kick out of some blogs and articles that suggest that the team just need to go on a run.  They still believe.  They are worse than Fox Mulder.  

The fans deserve better.  Not the ones that were planning the parade and drink Chia Kool-ade.  The real ones that   The ones that suffer through the tough times and watched Chia systematically deconstruct the team that had a miracle season.  The ones that understand the season is done, but hope for the team to win games at home, when they spend $100 for a nose bleed seat.       

Who gets fired first, McLellan or Chiarelli?

How long will it take for someone to be fired? I am not sure it would be a good idea to let Chiarelli run their draft. He might think that trading his 1st round pick for Eberle will fix that mistake. He might add a few more years to Lucic's contract too. :P

8 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

Who gets fired first, McLellan or Chiarelli?

How long will it take for someone to be fired? I am not sure it would be a good idea to let Chiarelli run their draft. He might think that trading his 1st round pick for Eberle will fix that mistake. He might add a few more years to Lucic's contract too. :P

Here's hoping neither gets fired.:lol: 

Archived