Louis23

Damn they only 3 point back now.  Flames need to have an excellent January to get back in playoff contention and hopefully get some space.  I hate it how the sportscasters are now saying the Oilers are back.  I guess may as well give them the cup...  Lets hope the Jets do something about that next week.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, GDyAllen said:

Damn they only 3 point back now.  Flames need to have an excellent January to get back in playoff contention and hopefully get some space.  I hate it how the sportscasters are now saying the Oilers are back.  I guess may as well give them the cup...  Lets hope my the Jets do something about that next week.

It looks like the Jets have the best chance of my 3 teams (in order thats Flyers, Flames & Jets). After Christmas they hoprfully get Buff & Enstrom back.

Also, the rest of the schedule will be heavier in home games. (So far 21 ob the road vs 15 @ home). They're in a good spot if the injuries don't mount.

I'd sure like to put the Oilers in a deeper hole by taking both those games next week.

14 hours ago, GDyAllen said:

Damn they only 3 point back now.  Flames need to have an excellent January to get back in playoff contention and hopefully get some space.  I hate it how the sportscasters are now saying the Oilers are back.  I guess may as well give them the cup...  Lets hope my the Jets do something about that next week.

Every once in awhile, teams get a favorable schedule.  Oilers face 4 goalies in a row that were struggling, and two teams that had played the night before.

I wouldn't worry about them.

11 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Every once in awhile, teams get a favorable schedule.  Oilers face 4 goalies in a row that were struggling, and two teams that had played the night before.

I wouldn't worry about them.

This is more than a favourable sched. McJesus is healthy and they have Sekera again and ....

Talbot is back.

380035295082bc8d69c6ad3e3042e77e.png

he is looking back in form.

Oilers.... they still suck, but if they can suck a little less in this next stretch, good for them, I'm all for it.

Reason being, is I would puke my guts out if they got Rasmus Dahlin.     They have already ruined so many bright NHL careers, it would suck to see another one squandered.

This really should be their best year in a long time, before aweful contracts choke them off.    It blew my mind to see them in the basement yet again.   

Bubble team this season, followed by renewed disapointment next season, is really the expectation.   And I would rather that them ruining yet another bright career through this summer's draft lottery.

30 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Oilers.... they still suck, but if they can suck a little less in this next stretch, good for them, I'm all for it.

Reason being, is I would puke my guts out if they got Rasmus Dahlin.     They have already ruined so many bright NHL careers, it would suck to see another one squandered.

This really should be their best year in a long time, before aweful contracts choke them off.    It blew my mind to see them in the basement yet again.   

Bubble team this season, followed by renewed disapointment next season, is really the expectation.   And I would rather that them ruining yet another bright career through this summer's draft lottery.

Solid post. My only quibble is that the Oilers will still ruin another NHL career. It is just a matter of whether they ruin a #1 pick or a #12 pick. It must be scary for players looking at Axl Rose Chiarelli sitting at the Oiler's table and wondering if he will call your name.

15 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Sadly, looks like it could be a costly win for the Jets. I hope not!

Love. 

A very expensive win. Scheifele is out 6-8 weeks with an UBI that looks like a shoulder to me.

Wheeler moves to 1C for now but that creates a hole @ RW. Perrault moves to the 2nd line but on his off wing.

Missing Scheifele for that long during a time the Jets need to amass points might force Chevy to make 1 of his rare trades. I figure his 1st call will be to ask the price for Backlund.

2 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

A very expensive win. Scheifele is out 6-8 weeks with an UBI that looks like a shoulder to me.

Wheeler moves to 1C for now but that creates a hole @ RW. Perrault moves to the 2nd line but on his off wing.

Missing Scheifele for that long during a time the Jets need to amass points might force Chevy to make 1 of his rare trades. I figure his 1st call will be to ask the price for Backlund.

Chevy wont flinch, neither will the Jets, they'll be fine.

20 hours ago, CheersMan said:

Chevy wont flinch, neither will the Jets, they'll be fine.

Lots of line shuffling for the Isles game.

Good news for the Jets is Buff should be back early Jan. In a pinch he might be open to adding to the forwards.

Enstrom to return shortly after & Roslovic (& others ) waiting in the AHL probably means you're right Chevy will ride it out.

With Scheifele set to return just before the TD it'll be like adding a top liner with out giving up anything.

Back filling  this time of year is tough but Chevy did build that depth for this eventuality.

Back to trashing....

The Oilers big win streak consisted of the following:

Minny with Stalock less than spectacular.

SJS with Jones less than spectacular.

STL after playing against the Flames (Allen on a cold streak playing the Oils) 

MTL was playing against the Flames (Niemi, need I say more).

EDM has to a lot more to prove they are back as a possible contender.

27 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

From Oilers GDT:

Does not say whos' fans were sending the threats though..

Many people blame him for dumb penalties, but really the issue is they can;t defend on the PK.

Wouldn;t surprise me if it's LA fans, since they probably did the same to Tkachuk last year.  Those fans also remember him from the days he was a Duck. 

47 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

Oilers have just acquired Al Montoya for a 4th. 

https://www.tsn.ca/habs-trade-g-montoya-to-oilers-1.959636

Love. 

Formerly concussed goalie for a conditional 4th.  He used to be a good goalie.  Not sure he's a step up from Brossoit, but he is insurance against Talbot being injured I guess.

Plan the parade.

Wonder what they do with Brossoit, since he's waiver eligible.

15 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Formerly concussed goalie for a conditional 4th.  He used to be a good goalie.  Not sure he's a step up from Brossoit, but he is insurance against Talbot being injured I guess.

Plan the parade.

Wonder what they do with Brossoit, since he's waiver eligible.

Strange the Habs trade Montoya rather than Neimi.

Montoya is over the concusion & is ready to resume being 1 of the best backups in the league, With Tlabot he'll seldom start/play but is just the guy to come in cold to save a game. No ego since he gave up the starter dream years ago. For a team like the Oilers that don't have a starter in waiting be's ideal.

A low cost/high return bet by Chia.

Odds of Brossiot being claimed are slim enough it's worth the risk. Every team has a b/u >/= .

I don't see the Oilers making the playoffs this year. I am not sure if they have been in a playoff position at any point in the season thus far. The real question is, how long before there is a serious change in personnel/management? We have our own problems, and we need a streak or two here at some point. I do feel badly for McLellan. Dude is aging faster than my 10-year-old lab, and it looks like he is doing the Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers diet along with the Bowflex program (okay, bad joke given Bowflex now claims you don't even need to work out on the machine anymore. You just need to work on putting it together for five minutes a day over 6 weeks).

51 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I don't see the Oilers making the playoffs this year. I am not sure if they have been in a playoff position at any point in the season thus far. The real question is, how long before there is a serious change in personnel/management? We have our own problems, and we need a streak or two here at some point. I do feel badly for McLellan. Dude is aging faster than my 10-year-old lab, and it looks like he is doing the Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers diet along with the Bowflex program (okay, bad joke given Bowflex now claims you don't even need to work out on the machine anymore. You just need to work on putting it together for five minutes a day over 6 weeks).

They broke their no playoff streak tied for 1st rather have sole ownership. Now they can start anew with McDavid & Draisaitl in the bank.

Katz's kid probably told daddy the kids @ prep school were laughing @ him constantly being 1st to the podium so he got a year off.

By my count, as of today, Spector could write 2 more positive articles for the Oilers probably having two more 4-5 game win streaks the rest of the year and about 15 negative articles and that should cover the rest of the Oilers season. Any jerseys been thrown on the ice yet? Plus, next year only gets more difficult with cap issues. As they say at McDonalds......ba da da da da, I'm lovin it!!!!

22 minutes ago, CBTC-FLAMES-EDITION said:

Btw, just saw McDavids new commercial. I apologize to those offended but the more and more I see of McDavid he seems a bit autistic. The social situations seem to really weigh him down. Great for an Oilers team captain though. Lol

It's been around for a week or so.  Some hockey players have no social skills, while others are like gameshow hosts.  

I really don't know what to think of McDavid's game this year.  He's all over the place, skates like the wind but doesn't seem to be able to score himself.  A lot of his assists this year have been him touching the puck before someone else sets it up.  He seems more weighed down by being the captain of a losing team.  His linemates are replaced on a nightly basis.  I guess if they aren't getting 2 goals per night playing with him, they are a failure.

The Oilers are starting to bend to the point of breaking.  They waive their next big thing and take Montoya to play an occasional game.  Immediately, he has to come in to replace Talbot after another 4 goals.  15 regulation goals against in 4 games.  Somehow, I don;t think Talbot is the cause of their problems, nor was Brossoit that bad.  HE sucked against us, but that was one game.  The defense is so bad that any goalie looks bad behind that dumpster fire.  

Archived