Louis23

2 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Seems that's now a concussion suffered @ the hands of the Jets.

With him out & if they turn to an unproven over Talbot they're down to 1 real top ender against an Ottawa team on a high since this western swing.

Something I seldom say as I don't much care for the Sens but for tonight only "Go Sens"!

Agreed.  The top players suffered only one game lost to injury all of last season.  As for Talbot, he is struggling to the point where they are calling to see Brossoit.  What a fickle bunch of fans.  I suppose we get the same way here too.  As you say, Go Sens Go.  I hope they beat teams I hate, like the Pens and the Oilers.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Agreed.  The top players suffered only one game lost to injury all of last season.  As for Talbot, he is struggling to the point where they are calling to see Brossoit.  What a fickle bunch of fans.  I suppose we get the same way here too.  As you say, Go Sens Go.  I hope they beat teams I hate, like the Pens and the Oilers.

I can 2nd that. :)

On 10/14/2017 at 7:47 PM, Flyerfan52 said:

I can 2nd that. :)

After tonight, I 3rd that.

Considering the Oilers peppered Cam Ward with 51 shots with 7 PP's, and only faced 21, they looked far more like the 2015/16 team.  

It's not like they were dangerous shots either.  Ward was steady bit that's about it.

They hit the toad for 3 games against CHI, PHI and PITTS.

Return home to face the Stars and WASH.

Followed by PITTS.

Could end up 1-10 in no time.  

28 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Considering the Oilers peppered Cam Ward with 51 shots with 7 PP's, and only faced 21, they looked far more like the 2015/16 team.  

It's not like they were dangerous shots either.  Ward was steady bit that's about it.

Followed by PITTS.

They must have heard about 2018 being a good draft year.........  :/

10 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Followed by PITTS.

...and half way to American Thanksgiving.  Nobody rips his players better in the media than TM.

2 hours ago, CheersMan said:

...and half way to American Thanksgiving.  Nobody rips his players better in the media than TM.

What I laugh about is ON readers coming unglued.  Some of it was brought on by arogance, thinking they were the chosen ones.  Now they are being trashed by troll and regular contibutors (like IamBatman).  Many are making excuses for the team, like teams now bring their A-game, since they know the Oilers are the team to beat.  Or the usual penalties.  Somehow Yamamoto is now a must to keep on, even though being one of the best players on a team that is disfunctional is not a great thing.

TM is saying what he should say.  It's on the players.  Chia is responsible for believing in the team and not trying to provide any upgrades.  Staying the same isn't an option anymore.  Improve or regress.

11 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

I wonder if this is just a weak start for the Oilers, or if other teams have figured them out. If a team can contain McDavid (using a shadow or whatever), then the likelihood of beating Edmonton increases greatly. 

A bit of both, combined that McDavid is setting up less and shooting more.  The defense looks shakey, part of which is that they didn't improve it whatsoever.  Auvitu is not an upgrage to Fayne.  Benning has suffered from increased expectations.  They traded their best prospect to avoid losing him for nothing.

16 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

I wonder if this is just a weak start for the Oilers, or if other teams have figured them out. If a team can contain McDavid (using a shadow or whatever), then the likelihood of beating Edmonton increases greatly. 

It's a slow start and they'll be fine. Their analytics still look great so I would suspect you'll see them turn it around in short order. Talbot and McDavid being off to slow starts hasn't helped but that will change.  

On 19/10/2017 at 1:18 PM, The_People1 said:

Looks like the Oilers have their eyes set on Rasmus Dahlin already.

You have to wonder.    I don't believe they could be bad enough to finish last but they could definitely get a lottery pick.

I wouldn't like their odds, though.   Unless they can somehow build a second arena for Bettman lol

I wonder if the "big win" over the Stars is enough to bring the fans off the ledge.  All I can say is that the last two starts for Bishop make me glad we never had the chance to sign him this year.  I don't think it's so much the Star's defense; he just looked completely bad.  The GWG was so bad.  Off-speed after deflected, but he used to cover the entire lower part of the net.

I know the fans complain about the lack of calls, but they are still getting away with as many or more than any team they play.  Draisaitl hooks a player's hand to the point where he coughs it up, and Drai is able to start a scoring chance.  

Last season we saw an Oilers team that really overachieved, tons of players had career years. That hasn't happened so far this season, everyone has regressed back to their career norms. Their offence is too top heavy, very little scoring depth and they need another top 4 D. All bias aside, I was very surprised the media had them pegged as cup favorites this season. Panic is setting in for Oilers fans... 

Archived