Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always sad to see another promising career come to an end....

http://www.tsn.ca/puljujarvi-shocked-to-land-with-oilers-1.515214

Puljujarvi was standing in the bowels of First Niagara Center some 15 minutes after his world was flipped upside down when a reporter asked him if he was excited to fall to No. 4 overall.

Um, no,” Puljujarvi shot back. No translation necessary.

There's this guy, Jim Matheson, I guess he writes for a newspaper or something in EDM. Sometimes I wonder what the Oilers brass supply to him cause often he doesn't seem to have sober thoughts on "rumors" or what he would do with the Oil. It's funny sometimes.

13c886a49594499d8da40032c3fb8a4d.png

Wait a minute!  Is that KLowe?  Has he been banished to the bowels of a construction site, acting a lead tour guide?  Not so sure KLowe should be leading anything, unless of course you are looking for a predictable outcome.

One of the "trusted" bloggers/writers for the Oilers has a deal with Lucic already agreed to and signed.  What a joke.  He may truly sign, but isn't allowed to discuss contracts or sign anything.  As much as I would hate playing against him in BOA games, he was a King last year, and we survived.  The other thing is the impact on their cap.  Their roster is currently at 23, their cap at $70m.  If they signed a Lucic and Demers, they would be over by at least $6m.  Say goodbye to Nuge or Eberle for picks.  They would need to buy out a player or two, not named Ference.      

One of the "trusted" bloggers/writers for the Oilers has a deal with Lucic already agreed to and signed.  What a joke.  He may truly sign, but isn't allowed to discuss contracts or sign anything.  As much as I would hate playing against him in BOA games, he was a King last year, and we survived.  The other thing is the impact on their cap.  Their roster is currently at 23, their cap at $70m.  If they signed a Lucic and Demers, they would be over by at least $6m.  Say goodbye to Nuge or Eberle for picks.  They would need to buy out a player or two, not named Ference.      

If they do sign Lucic they have him & Hall @ LW. That's @ least 12 million for those 2 spots.

Of the 3 in the latest crop of Golden Boys Hall is the 1 that would bring the best return.

13c886a49594499d8da40032c3fb8a4d.png

Wait a minute!  Is that KLowe?  Has he been banished to the bowels of a construction site, acting a lead tour guide?  Not so sure KLowe should be leading anything, unless of course you are looking for a predictable outcome.

Well Cheers remember there isn't anyone else in the league that undestands winning more than Kevin Lowe. If that is ever a concern.....

If they do sign Lucic they have him & Hall @ LW. That's @ least 12 million for those 2 spots.

Of the 3 in the latest crop of Golden Boys Hall is the 1 that would bring the best return.

If Lucic is the target (and agrees to a team not likely playing in the playoffs), then Hall is the only chance of trading a forward for a defense.  Eberle and Nuge is not getting another Jones.  Hall might be dollar for dollar for a defender, though.  Some fans seem to think he is the worst example of the culture that needs to change.  The others think they can get the same with Eberle or Nuge.

We went from 4-1-0 in 2014-2015 to 0-3-1 in 2015-16 against LA. I dont discount the effect Lucic had on that record we had no answer for that top line.

Ill be honest, that will be one scary top line in Edmonton

We went from 4-1-0 in 2014-2015 to 0-3-1 in 2015-16 against LA. I dont discount the effect Lucic had on that record we had no answer for that top line.

Ill be honest, that will be one scary top line in Edmonton

Think about why we lost.  Not as much Lucic as our goalies.

Think about why we lost.  Not as much Lucic as our goalies.

So now that we have that solved, I guess we can expect to win 80 games..I didn't realize his 3 goals and an assist in 4 games had no impact whatsoever.

GG has already said Johnnys line will start playing against the top lines of the other teams..not sheltered. We better have an answer for Lucic

Whether we like it or not, Chiarelli is good at managing a team..they will have an improved defense this season. I hate it but they will not be a bottom 10 team this season. Simply improved goaltending wont cut it for us this year

Holy crow, Taylor hall traded to New Jersy! What a joke!Basically confirms Lucic is signing in Edmonton. Sounds like the return is Larsson +. No way the oilers win this trade.

I may have to rethink my Chiarelli is a good GM" comment...lol

I totally agree Hall had to be moved, cap wise, culture wise, team wise

Yes, this pretty much guarantees Lucic is coming

Adam Larson IS a good dman. Instant top pair in Edm

But this is no way a win trade for Edmonton. Hall should have netted a much better return

I mean, maybe if the trade was Nuge for Larsson, or if they were also getting a first back. Cleaning up the culture is all well and good, but you still have to get value for your asset. This makes the phaneuf trade look reasonable, and that trade was terrible as well.

This is a pretty bad deal. YOu do not trade one of the top wingers in the game for a 3/4 dman and I think calling him a 3 is being a bit kind. 

I know the Oilers are going to get Lucic and their fans will argue their team overal is better but this is pretty poor asset management, especially when you consider they are likely going to be paying Lucic what they were Hall. 

This is a pretty bad deal. YOu do not trade one of the top wingers in the game for a 3/4 dman and I think calling him a 3 is being a bit kind. 

I know the Oilers are going to get Lucic and their fans will argue their team overal is better but this is pretty poor asset management, especially when you consider they are likely going to be paying Lucic what they were Hall. 

Chia must not want his job. Oilers fan should be pissed at the fact they just traded away probably one of the best LWers in the game right now for a 3/4 D man, who has the ceiling of a #2.

Archived