Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

759b95ff9648fac5edb82d52b3a9dc83.png

I wouldn't mind the Flames taking Umby off the BJs hands. 3 years expires about the time we'll need cap but until then helps reach the floor. Maybe D Jones straight across.

Bonus is still no dance partner in a Sam Gagner trade for the Oilers.

If rumors of Dubinsky wanting out are true I'd offer a lot (anyone but Monahan & Gio) to make that happen.

I wouldn't mind the Flames taking Umby off the BJs hands. 3 years expires about the time we'll need cap but until then helps reach the floor. Maybe D Jones straight across.

Bonus is still no dance partner in a Sam Gagner trade for the Oilers.

If rumors of Dubinsky wanting out are true I'd offer a lot (anyone but Monahan & Gio) to make that happen.

Along with Gaudreau, I'd be on board with that too.  Dubinsky is a gamer, and I loved him in Crosby's face this postseason.

Along with Gaudreau, I'd be on board with that too.  Dubinsky is a gamer, and I loved him in Crosby's face this postseason.

The BJs were in the playoffs so want to go deeper.

If Dubinsky is moved 1 part has to be a 2C (Stajan if he'd waive, Backland if not) & they'll want a vet (Hudler? Wideman?). Probably 1 of the 2nd rounders. Still worth it.

I doubt they'd ask for Gaudreau.

The BJs were in the playoffs so want to go deeper.

If Dubinsky is moved 1 part has to be a 2C (Stajan if he'd waive, Backland if not) & they'll want a vet (Hudler? Wideman?). Probably 1 of the 2nd rounders. Still worth it.

I doubt they'd ask for Gaudreau.

I'd do Stajan or Backs and Wideman for Dubinsky.  As long as Gaudreau, Monahan, and Gio (even Poirier, although he's injured and recovering from surgery) are off limits, I'd have no issue doing the deal.  I'd be akin to keep Granlund as well.  I've really liked where he's been going this last year.

Dubinsky is a player you want on your team.  Especially if it keeps the Oilers from getting him.  He'd be a thorn in their side in the BoA.

Edmonton Oilers‏@EdmontonOilers3 mins

The #Oilers are thrilled to welcome Bob Nicholson as Vice-Chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) > http://ow.ly/xYCn4

Definitely the best move the OIlers have made with their management in quite some time...   Getting Nicholson on board is a coup for the franchise...   If there is anyone who might be able to talk some sense into Lowe and MacT, Nicholson could very well be the man to do it...   I would be happier if they had hired Pierre McGuire instead...

Hate to see a good guy go to the dark side.

d65d58de0a592036d78783a406d1acf5.gif

• 2 weeks later...

No matter the result over the last 2 years, and this upcoming season, expect a $6x6 contract for the young Rusky.  If he's stiffed on the deal, I'd expect Yak to bolt for the KHL (probably with his agent in agreeance) as he's seen it happen regularly over the last year or so.

unless he takes the scoring title that contract had better not happen.  Up to now he has done nothing to warrant a contract of that magnitude.  He may in fact bolt to the KHL if he doesn't get what he wants, but something tells me his arrogance will keep him here for the time being.  He thinks he can and should be the best player in the best league, that should buy us at least some time to bring him back down to Earth.

Big cap hit for NikNik, but let's be frank, it's Edmonton.  Until and unless this team is a contender we are going to have to pay more than most others would have to in order to get people to play here.

Hate to see a good guy go to the dark side.

we are fitting him with his new sith outfit ;)

unless he takes the scoring title that contract had better not happen.  Up to now he has done nothing to warrant a contract of that magnitude.  He may in fact bolt to the KHL if he doesn't get what he wants, but something tells me his arrogance will keep him here for the time being.  He thinks he can and should be the best player in the best league, that should buy us at least some time to bring him back down to Earth.

Big cap hit for NikNik, but let's be frank, it's Edmonton.  Until and unless this team is a contender we are going to have to pay more than most others would have to in order to get people to play here.

Well there's no question Nikitin upgrades the Oilers' D corps.  It's the worst in the league, and an NHL D man is much better than a prospect D man.  I'll give you that.

A worry I would have is the possibility of Nikitin bolting to the KHL as others have done if he doesn't like the situation.  The Oilers are now up to 4 players and a coach that has left the team for other opportunities.

Admittedly Nikitin should help to improve the Oilers D to some degree, seeing as if you have multiple holes in your boat, every single one that you can plug is going to be of some help...   Nikitin should be slotted in as a bottom pairing D, even on the Oilers...  Anything more than that is a stretch, although unless they acquire a more skilled player that would be a better option, it looks like he will most likely be on the second-pairing...   His getting paid second-pairing money will also cause limitations for pursuing a better option on their D, and with that shiny new overpaid contract they would be hard pressed to find a trading partner without having to significantly sweeten the pot if things don't work out as they planned...   I just don't see Nikitin as being an upgrade on Smid, and I also think the better option would have been for them to have kept Smid, but I am glad they didn't...

Nikitin was a healthy scratch down the stretch after Columbus picked up Nick Schultz from the Oilers...   So that just adds another reason to wonder if the Oil have just done the Blue Jackets another favor by giving them a 5th rounder for Nikitin, sure it's only a 5th, but it's a lot better than nothing for the Jackets......

I also have to wonder why the Oil didn't take a look at acquiring Tom Gilbert who put up almost twice as many points as Nikita Nikitin last season, and no doubt could have been had for less money...   Oh, that's right, they had him on the team before and traded him to the Wild for Nick Schultz, and then traded Schultz to the Jackets for a 5th round pick ...   :lol:

The same group of scouts that had input on the Oil acquiring O’Sullivan, Foster, Belanger, etc. should be on the last of its nine seemingly endless amount of lives if this doesn't pan out, but MacT and Lowe also should be held accountable at some point, not that that will happen anytime soon, if at all...

Yet another upcoming issue for the Oil as a result of this deal...   With Nikitin signing for that much money, one has to wonder how it will impact contract negotiations with Petry and J. Schultz, who could very well be giving up UFA years in new deals...   Yakupov is also going into the final season of his contract, so it will be amusing to watch how it all unfolds...

Admittedly Nikitin should help to improve the Oilers D to some degree, seeing as if you have multiple holes in your boat, every single one that you can plug is going to be of some help...   Nikitin should be slotted in as a bottom pairing D, even on the Oilers...  Anything more than that is a stretch, although unless they acquire a more skilled player that would be a better option, it looks like he will most likely be on the second-pairing...   His getting paid second-pairing money will also cause limitations for pursuing a better option on their D, and with that shiny new overpaid contract they would be hard pressed to find a trading partner without having to significantly sweeten the pot if things don't work out as they planned...   I just don't see Nikitin as being an upgrade on Smid, and I also think the better option would have been for them to have kept Smid, but I am glad they didn't...

Yet another upcoming issue for the Oil as a result of this deal...   With Nikitin signing for that much money, one has to wonder how it will impact contract negotiations with Petry and J. Schultz, who could very well be giving up UFA years in new deals...   Yakupov is also going into the final season of his contract, so it will be amusing to watch how it all unfolds...

Smid is the better bet @ 3.5 vs Nikitin @ 4.5 but that's our gain. We gave up SFA for what Nikitin brings+.

The fans are excited (they should be as he does fill a need) but they'll soon turn on him as he isn't good for points. The $s make him a hard trade without retaining @ least 1.0.

& yeah, it builds a good case when J. Schultz & Petry want more.

397d4540f5b9dce98535a69645b310dc.png

5 players have left an Oil slick behind them while bolting for the KHL in less than a year...   :ph34r:

I had a feeling I was one off.  I pressed 5, paused for a moment, then went with 4 as I was too lazy to look it up. :lol:

So the Oilers have 2 NHL regular defensemen (Ference and Nikitin) and 2 guys that have played 14 and 44 NHL games signed so far? Yikes. I guess they will overpay for both Jultz and Petry. Good luck with that lineup EDM. See you in the basement next season??

Oh there's no question. They are going hard for McDavid or Eichel. 

Katz' kid wouldn't have it any other way.

So the Oilers have 2 NHL regular defensemen (Ference and Nikitin) and 2 guys that have played 14 and 44 NHL games signed so far? Yikes. I guess they will overpay for both Jultz and Petry. Good luck with that lineup EDM. See you in the basement next season??

Maybe you forgot about Justin Schultz with 122 NHL games under his belt and is a big disappointment in the D department.

I had a feeling I was one off.  I pressed 5, paused for a moment, then went with 4 as I was too lazy to look it up. :lol:

No harm, no foul...   There are pretty good odds that it could be 6 soon enough anyway...   :lol:

Archived