Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that picture!   :P

Imagine it in Orange with the Eagle wing logo airbrushed on. We'd need black mags but that's a pretty picture. :P

I think I told you I used to drive a '64 Bronco when I was a teenager working @ the local (small town) Ford dealer. Used & abused by all employees but that little puppy withstood everything. I pulled school buses out of the ditch & hauled them to the shop.

Weak spot was the steering box. Had a few higher speed shimmies while waiting for the part. Kinda scarey while towing (via chain) but you speed up until there is no oncoming trafic & then hold on for dear life when you slow down.

Imagine it in Orange with the Eagle wing logo airbrushed on. We'd need black mags but that's a pretty picture. :P

I think I told you I used to drive a '64 Bronco when I was a teenager working @ the local (small town) Ford dealer. Used & abused by all employees but that little puppy withstood everything. I pulled school buses out of the ditch & hauled them to the shop.

Weak spot was the steering box. Had a few higher speed shimmies while waiting for the part. Kinda scarey while towing (via chain) but you speed up until there is no oncoming trafic & then hold on for dear life when you slow down.

mine acutally is orange.  I'm not sure why the image looks red, I'm thinking it's because of the pearl in the paint.  It's Planet Color Barret Jacksons Big Bad Orange.  It was supposed to look like Oilers orange... but I guess that didn't work out lol!

Cool that you had a 66!  I think it must have been a 66, that was the first year of that early bronco so that's the year yours must have been.  Can I ask, was it a half cab or full cab?  I have a half cab that I am currently restoring, that's why I ask.

Man I know exactly what you are talking about with the steering box (the pump too btw).  I got tired of replacing pumps, so I changed the stock one out with a saginaw.  Problem one, fixed.  Bigger issue was the steering box.  Here is my fix:  Got a box out of a 73 Ford F250 4X4.  It mounts on the outside of the frame rail just like the bronco, but the gears are reversed.  So I got a box out of a 96 explorer, which are the same as the f250 ones but reversed (all 86-96 explorer boxes will work), and I slid those into the F250 case, mounted it up, and she turns like a champ now!  It moves those 35's like butter, and is now a 4 turn box instead of the stock 6 turn!

mine acutally is orange.  I'm not sure why the image looks red, I'm thinking it's because of the pearl in the paint.  It's Planet Color Barret Jacksons Big Bad Orange.  It was supposed to look like Oilers orange... but I guess that didn't work out lol!

Cool that you had a 66!  I think it must have been a 66, that was the first year of that early bronco so that's the year yours must have been.  Can I ask, was it a half cab or full cab?  I have a half cab that I am currently restoring, that's why I ask.

Man I know exactly what you are talking about with the steering box (the pump too btw).  I got tired of replacing pumps, so I changed the stock one out with a saginaw.  Problem one, fixed.  Bigger issue was the steering box.  Here is my fix:  Got a box out of a 73 Ford F250 4X4.  It mounts on the outside of the frame rail just like the bronco, but the gears are reversed.  So I got a box out of a 96 explorer, which are the same as the f250 ones but reversed (all 86-96 explorer boxes will work), and I slid those into the F250 case, mounted it up, and she turns like a champ now!  It moves those 35's like butter, and is now a 4 turn box instead of the stock 6 turn!

Don't worry, it does look orange.  It's the amount of contrast mixed with overexposure in the photo that is making it closer to a reddish color.  Nature doesn't look that saturated in real life, but don't worry, the pic looks extremely good.  :)

Also, the truck is in the shade.

You are right. It was a '66. I started working there in spring of '67 & couldn't get my licence until fall but somehow ended up driving everything (including police cars). It was a small town & I had a late birthdate so the cops assumed I had a licence like the earlier born. After all, the dealer that serviced their cars wouldn't allow someone without a licence to drive brand new cars they hadn't even sold yet. :lol:

It was a half cab. A few bolts & the roof was off. Very plain as it was our running around/service vehical. 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree, rubber floor mats, metal panels to access the inner door, hard plastic dash pad & the seat had so little cushioning you might as well have been sitting on plywood. Standard steering & the type of brakes you pretty well stand on to engage ( :) ). The box was big enough to fit a newly crated engine for transport but little else. We modified with a push bumper (tractor tire bolted to a 10 or 12 x 2) & had a unit under the hood with long cables so we could boost a car from behind & operate via a push switch.

I could get it stuck in 2WD but not it 4WH. I put in in 4WL just to see & it had the lugging power of a farm tractor.

Definately not fast but 1 of the most fun vehicals I've driven. I have fond memories of that ugly thing.

In retrospect I wish I'd bought it when they retired it in favor of a fancier 1 (image). Instead, I was hung up on fast cars so went for speed.

On the plus side, wildly entertaining game (for me). That D coverage on the Byron goal made me LOL for real.

Hoo boy though, that was, uh, something. The media is going to lap this one up.

soon as the guy dropped down to block the pass and Cammy stopped and watched him slide right out of the play.. I laughed my head off..

Quick backhand pass to Byron and he did not waste any time to put it in the open net..

I took a quick breeze through the Edmonton Journal website, to read "the other side's view" of the game last night.  It seems there's quite a number of people who want Eakins' head on a platter for the current state of affairs with the Oilers.  Not many people (I think I counted less than one handful of fingers worth) seem to think the blame should lie with the KLowe on up.

I took a quick breeze through the Edmonton Journal website, to read "the other side's view" of the game last night.  It seems there's quite a number of people who want Eakins' head on a platter for the current state of affairs with the Oilers.  Not many people (I think I counted less than one handful of fingers worth) seem to think the blame should lie with the KLowe on up.

That's not true at all.  Most everybody still want Lowe gone, but they've wanted it for so long and it falling on deaf ears that it's hardly worth being vocal about any more. 

Archived