Dan Ryder

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the article. Let's hope Dan Ryder has put all his personal issues aside and can now focus on his hockey career.
and getting his brother Michael will only help IMO (one of the reasons I like the idea of landing Ryder via trade or free agency this summer... if Ryder comes back before the end of the season I would not be shocked to see him push for a spot with the big club next season

and getting his brother Michael will only help IMO (one of the reasons I like the idea of landing Ryder via trade or free agency this summer... if Ryder comes back before the end of the season I would not be shocked to see him push for a spot with the big club next season

We have already filled the quota of having a troubled Ryder in our system...we do not need another one...You don't try to talk one Gary Bettman into coming back by bringing in another Gary Bettman...I would trade Dan Ryder to anyone for anything...He doesn't have the mental capacity it takes to be a pro...especially in a hockey mecca like Calgary...

We have already filled the quota of having a troubled Ryder in our system...we do not need another one...You don't try to talk one Gary Bettman into coming back by bringing in another Gary Bettman...I would trade Dan Ryder to anyone for anything...He doesn't have the mental capacity it takes to be a pro...especially in a hockey mecca like Calgary...

Why, because he had a tough year?

You have no idea what happen to Ryder. It could have been a variety of reasons (that I don't wnat to speculate on) that could have caused him to take a leave of absence, and that doens't mean he doens't have the mental capacity to play. This is a guy who played his heart out in the CHL and has been praised by all kinds of coaches. I think we should wait to see who he is before you right him off. He is 20 years old, give the kid a break.

Why, because he had a tough year?

You have no idea what happen to Ryder. It could have been a variety of reasons (that I don't wnat to speculate on) that could have caused him to take a leave of absence, and that doens't mean he doens't have the mental capacity to play. This is a guy who played his heart out in the CHL and has been praised by all kinds of coaches. I think we should wait to see who he is before you right him off. He is 20 years old, give the kid a break.

Yeah, there have been all kinds of recent examples of players with high hopes struggling early in their careers only to come back later and make an impact. Dan Cleary, another Newfoundlander, springs to mind.

I suggested Michael Ryder a while back. I think having him in the same system would be a great move, but it's not the Flames responsibility to make that kind of move for a prospect. That being said, I want the Ryders here. We still have a gap underneath Jarome, even though Nolan has done a commendable job. M. Ryder fills that spot (possibly in our cap range) and we don't waste a prospect with NHL potential.

I give it a 5% chance before the deadline. 10% in the off-season.

I'm not suggesting we give up on Ryder...I'm merely suggesting that we don't take on one of the Habs' biggest problems to try to rescue a player that may or may not be a player for us down the road...

I'm all for D. Ryder making a comeback but it should be done on the Flames terms and not D. Ryders terms...Bringing his brother over to entice D. Ryder to develop a love for hockey would be a mistake IMO...Either he wants to play hockey or he doesn't...His foot is in the door and there is an awful lot of kids out there that wish they had the chance the D. Ryder has...Whatever is troubling him needs to be put behind him and a 100% dedication to being a hockey player is what he needs to focus on...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived